Single Beep

Posts specific to the 3.0 litre NA H6 engine

Single Beep

Postby Cassius » Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:59 am

Hi, of late whenever I unlock my car and open the driver's side door I have been hearing a single beep. Never used to happen before. It the same single beep that I hear if the car is locked and I try and open the driver's side door.

The car is JDM, has security alarm stickers on the rear windows but as far as I can tell doesnt have any alarm (When I have the windows rolled down and the car is locked and I reach in and manually unlock and open the door nothing happens, also I see no impact sensor under the driver's seat). I will see the immobilizer key flash every 4s like it normally does. But this single beep is new.

Have any of you experienced this before, should I just ignore and just concentrate on speed :)
Cassius

Car: 3.0R spec B 6MT

Re: Single Beep

Postby Jim » Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:00 pm

If your car is JDM, they have a feature that allows you to open the drivers door via a handle lifting sequence incase you lock your keys in the car. My Legacy GTB had it but i never got around to resetting it. You will find if you lift the handle a few times it will beep each time and then after a few itll give a long beep to say the sequence is wrong. Unsure of what the reset procedure is for Gen4 assuning thats what you have.
Jim

Car: MY07 GT-B

Re: Single Beep

Postby Cassius » Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:38 pm

Yup, I thought it was that at first but I figured out what it was last night. The sensor that detects when the door is open has stopped working. I had unlocked the car and had the door open when i was doing some stuff inside, heard the beep and ignored it, then heard the warning beeps that you hear just before the car re locks itself automatically.

Here is the procedure for unlocking the doors using the handle.

UNLOCKING DOORS USING THE KEYLESS ENTRY SYSTEM WITH A SECURITY CODE.

Preparation
1. Have the driver's door unlocked. 2 Hold the door handle up for 6 secs.
3. A buzzer will begin to sound.
4. While the buzzer is sounding, press the remote control unlock button & the buzzer will stop. The prep is now complete. (The buzzer will sound for 30 secs)

Setting

Illustration using 3246 as the 4 Digit Security Code

1. Lift & release the door handle 3 times -> WAIT FOR BUZZER -> Lift & release twice -> WAIT FOR BUZZER -> Lift & release 4 times -> WAIT FOR BUZZER -> Lift & release 6 times.

2. When the buzzer sounds intermittently, repeat the same procedure above within 30 secs.

*If you make a mistake when setting the security code, lock the driver's door to cancel the setting procedure and start over from no. 1 preparation procedure.

* As a safety feature you will not be able to set all 4 digits to 0000,1111,2222 etc or consecutive nums such as 1234 etc.

Jim wrote:If your car is JDM, they have a feature that allows you to open the drivers door via a handle lifting sequence incase you lock your keys in the car. My Legacy GTB had it but i never got around to resetting it. You will find if you lift the handle a few times it will beep each time and then after a few itll give a long beep to say the sequence is wrong. Unsure of what the reset procedure is for Gen4 assuning thats what you have.
Cassius

Car: 3.0R spec B 6MT

Return to 3.0R & 3.6R engine specific