Supercharging H6

Posts specific to the 3.0 litre NA H6 engine

Re: Supercharging H6

Postby Tradewind » Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:15 pm

Brad88 wrote:i was talking to a guy in mackay (where i live he has the only other 3.0 spec b i know of in the town) and he said he knows the guy from raptor and the guy from raptor wanted to put a kit in his lib.

cant remeber how much he said it would cost $4500 maybe??

I know about that and am pretty sure thats going ahead as you believe
2015 Liberty 3.6R (6GEN) - Raptor headers and Raptor SUPER MAF
Tradewind

Car: Grey MY15 6GEN 3.6R - Raptor MAF

Postby Brad88 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:22 pm

i havent seen him in a while but if it does happen i will deffinately catch up with him :)
Brad88

Car: 2007 3.0r SpecB Liberty 6MT

Postby Tradewind » Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:03 pm

Kit for 3.0 H6 is ready, are you??

http://www.raptorsc.com.au/kits.php?id=58

Everything supplied except for the tune, organise you own and your charged!
Tradewind

Postby Greenman » Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:21 pm

Tradewind wrote:Kit for 3.0 H6 is ready, are you??

http://www.raptorsc.com.au/kits.php?id=58

Everything supplied except for the tune, organise you own and your charged!

Are you going to be the first?
Greenman
formerly cal68

Car: MY11 CX9 GT Zoom Zoom

Postby Woodduck » Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:55 pm

Iv been talking to these guys as they've developed this kit. Sounds like a really good deal! I would have done it without a doubt but unfortunately a house comes before a faster car :(
'06 LIBERTY 3.0R SPEC B SEDAN --- 6SP Manual - 19" Kahn RS-V rims - V-Tune - STI Short Shifter - Tein S-techs - Corazon Grill - Phats Quad Mufflers - STi front lip - Brembo brakes with slotted rotors - More to come ;)

Woodduck

Car: '06 3.0R spec B

Supercharging H6

Postby THERB3 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:57 pm

Does anyone in Melbourne do something like this cause for that kind of money isn't too bad.

Just one question is that 270+ kw at the fly ?
MY05 Subaru Liberty Wagon 3.0RB Silver 6MT

Modifications:
19" Rays/Volk GT30 Wheels :: Hi Tech Mufflers :: HKS Panel Filter :: STi Front Lip :: 6000K HID Driving/Fog Lights :: LED Parkers/Licence/Map/Dome :: Brembo Package :: V-Tune :: Tein Flex Coilovers & EDFC Controller :: HKC Carbon Bonnet Scoop :: Hanabi Smoked LED Rear Tail Lights :: Eyelids :: Goodridge Braided Lines :: JDM Front Bar :: Corazon Grille :: Pioneer AVH-X8650BT / Alpine PDX5 Amp

Current Plans:
Whiteline SwayBars ::
THERB3
-stickered-

Car: MY05 Subaru Liberty 3.0RB Wagon

Postby Greenman » Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:11 pm

THERB3 wrote:Does anyone in Melbourne do something like this cause for that kind of money isn't too bad.

Just one question is that 270+ kw at the fly ?

I'd assume so.
I'd doubt it would be ATW.
Greenman
formerly cal68

Postby Lib 3.0LR » Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:31 pm

Here's the info I got the other day from Tim at Raptor

Hi George

I cannot answer ALL questions today but I will give you the info I can
KIT - Complete with exception of a tune for the computer (injectors are included as are all necessary parts)
PRICE - $5200 with no intercooler system and $6700 if an intercooler system is included
HOW EASY TO INSTALL - My rating - Extremely easy. only basic tools needed, maybe 3 hrs
WILL IT STRAIN THE STOCK MOTOR/WEAKEN OVER TIME - The increase in power always adds load, however from experience with 4cyl Subaru vehicles the actual increase in wear cannot be discerned. I am sure there is an increase but it cannot be seen inside a 3 year timeframe, maybe after 6 years or so you may see something to suggest there is wear occuring and even then it will be still difficult to detect.
ANY OTHER MODS TO BE DONE BEFORE YOU INSTALL THE KIT - you should definitely be installing a high flow header/extractor system in addition with high flow catalytic converter and tail pipe system

Further questions remain welcome

Kindest regards

Tim
Silver wagon MY06 3.0LR/18' STI Enkei rims/STI front lip/STI pedels/STI mufflers/STI flexible bar/HKS panel air filter/Clarion CeNET iPod interface EA1251 /HID lights-fogs 6000k/Led parkers/Bilstien- Eibach springs / Corazon Grill /Brembo's-Dixel pads/goodride-brakelines./Cusco: BRAKE CYLINDER STOPPER /.Valenti Japan LED Tail Light/In Car PC,JDM Front Bar /KiDo Tune more TBA ?[size=85]
Lib 3.0LR

Car: MY06 LIBERTY 3.0LR WAGON.

Postby Tradewind » Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:17 am

If its any help - Tradewind is Tim @ Raptor on this forum :wink:

That will be flywheel power, power will increase over time as intercoolers are added and tuning confidence increases.
Tradewind

Postby Greenman » Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:22 am

It still sounds like health power gains.
Tuning shouldnt be too much of a problem either.
Watching this development with interest
Greenman
formerly cal68

Postby THERB3 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:32 am

So the question is how would someone from the other states get this installed cause I am not driving to Queensland.
Tim explain to me it's easy to install but I rather leave this kind of gains to a professional to install.
MY05 Subaru Liberty Wagon 3.0RB Silver 6MT

Modifications:
19" Rays/Volk GT30 Wheels :: Hi Tech Mufflers :: HKS Panel Filter :: STi Front Lip :: 6000K HID Driving/Fog Lights :: LED Parkers/Licence/Map/Dome :: Brembo Package :: V-Tune :: Tein Flex Coilovers & EDFC Controller :: HKC Carbon Bonnet Scoop :: Hanabi Smoked LED Rear Tail Lights :: Eyelids :: Goodridge Braided Lines :: JDM Front Bar :: Corazon Grille :: Pioneer AVH-X8650BT / Alpine PDX5 Amp

Current Plans:
Whiteline SwayBars ::
THERB3
-stickered-

Car: MY05 Subaru Liberty 3.0RB Wagon

Postby Tradewind » Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:14 am

I need more info from the wider public about who is tuning the LibertyH6 at present with open source software

There are a LOT of people doing this with their Liberty's and I am certain there would be a workshop in Melb already with experience.

I need to connect with those businesses so customers have somewhere to get their kit installed.

For those around Sydney I would say MRT could probably do it if they wanted to however many people have already expressed a desire to avoid ECUTEK tuning if they could. I think for some customers ECUTEK will be a good solution, for others who want to play with their own tuning then the ROMRAIDER and other opensource stuff will be a choice.

Further still, there is a very experienced tuner working overseas and he emails the tune file across, he charges about the same as a normal tuning shop and all the changes to the tune are free should any be needed. I may yet nominate him as the tune supplier for all our systems, he is expected to have Raptor kit tunes on file within a month. We would still need a shop to install tune file for customers tho.

There first 2 kits will be tuned using the overseas tuning service.
Tradewind

Postby Tradewind » Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:04 am

This company will be supplying the tuning for our first customers

http://www.xtremeracingtuning.com/index ... etail2.htm
Tradewind

Postby west_minist » Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:11 am

Tim,

Thanks in given me the opportunity.

Once the both cars are completed, I will determine the final tuning for everyone, as each car is unique.

Both cars are running at max tuned right now in NA from.

Per usual as everyone comes to expect of me, I will post data on on the SC tuning of the 3R. I may not post too much as I have competitors. Sorry :)

You can review both cars here:-
http://xtremeracingtuning.com/forum/vie ... f=40&t=363
http://xtremeracingtuning.com/forum/vie ... f=40&t=386

I myself will consider the SC on my 2R, but I will use the Hydra to control the engine. Want to run 12psi. But I like turbo :) Need 12psi as low as 2500rpm and based on throttle....hmmmmmm
West_Minist

Subaru Diagnostics & Logging Reviewer
Subaru Expert Tuner
http://www.xtremeracingtuning.com/forum
info@xtremeracingtuning.com

Facebook

Viciously Tuned, Driven Hard
west_minist

Car: 2000 Subaru Impreza 2R 4EAT

Postby MH3.0R » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:55 pm

IMO, and thanks to Sentinel for pointing me to this thread, there are some fundemental weaknesses in the 3.0R that would need to be addressed:

1. Radiator - standard is 16mm and only just manages with the standard power config
2. Head gaskets - I popped one in the right hand bank between cylinders at around 150,000 kms and they are a known weakness. There are good aftermarket gasket kits from the USA which are much stronger than standard (and much cheaper than OEM).
3. Exhaust system - Headers, hiflow cat and 2.5 inch all the way from headers to mufflers.
4. Auto Transmission - Not rated above 350Nm of Torque, and this mod would see around 436Nm. I would suggest a used tranny refurbished and strengthened if such a thing can be done. The standard tranny can get hot quickly when doing spirited driving if you do not have an oil cooler.

Now I am by no means experienced in the automotive field as many of you, but I would be extremely dubious of bolt on kits without proper attendance to all issues around power and torque gains of this magnitude.

Then, if you are still ready to make it go faster, you will also need to consider making it stop. And so the dollars just keep going up. To do this type of mod reliably, I would suggest a budget somewhere nearer to 12K plus any tuning and ECU mods and dyno time. Might bring it al together for 15K if you don't run into problems (like insurance and rego).

BTW, I assume you would take the Intercooler version.

So, this should attract some responses, and all responses welcome. Don't be too harsh on me though, I am a novice! :D
MY15 Jaguar XFR-S 5.0 V8 SC 8AT White Saloon (Stock - nothing more to do with 400+ KW :))
MY11 Jaguar XFS 3.0DTT 6AT White Saloon (Prepped for sale)
MY19 Subaru XV 2.0iS the shopping trolley and weekend all terrain cruiser!
MH3.0R
-stickered-

Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12969#p176433

PreviousNext

Return to 3.0R & 3.6R engine specific