Turbo a 3L

Posts specific to the 3.0 litre NA H6 engine

Re: Turbo a 3L

Postby jzk25 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:12 pm

smythie wrote:far from it, kiks has hardly insulted anyone personally in his time and has been happy to divulge some experience. Ian spent all his time personally insulting people.

Both are associated with AM Auto

:roll: What is your problem dude. Ian/Kiks has nothing to do with AM Auto apart from the fact I know him. He loves to blather shit because he has a boring yet well paid job with internet access.

Am I threatening your all knowing status here or something?

FWIW, this thread is very likely rubbish to begin with. The OP is probably Ian too.
jzk25

Car: 04 GT Wagon

Postby Kevlar GT » Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:43 pm

jzk25 wrote:FWIW, this thread is very likely rubbish to begin with. The OP is probably Ian too.

No, I know the OP. Not "Ian" and from past history associated with performance Subies I don't doubt for a moment that he is serious in his research.
Kevlar GT

Postby DWDN » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:12 pm

Kevlar GT wrote:No, I know the OP. Not "Ian" and from past history associated with performance Subies I don't doubt for a moment that he is serious in his research.

I can assure you all this is very real project of mine. I'll keep updating this thread as I progress.
DWDN

Postby smythie » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:09 pm

jzk25 wrote:
smythie wrote:far from it, kiks has hardly insulted anyone personally in his time and has been happy to divulge some experience. Ian spent all his time personally insulting people.

Both are associated with AM Auto

:roll: What is your problem dude. Ian/Kiks has nothing to do with AM Auto apart from the fact I know him. He loves to blather shit because he has a boring yet well paid job with internet access.

Am I threatening your all knowing status here or something?

FWIW, this thread is very likely rubbish to begin with. The OP is probably Ian too.

Apologies. The way they sing your praises and talk about inside knowledge of some of your builds, it's easy to mistakenly make the connection.

I don't have a problem by the way. You seem to be exhibiting one though.
Flag Bitch

MY06 3.0RB
smythie

Car: MY06 3RB - Blue

Postby jzk25 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:45 am

smythie wrote:Apologies. The way they sing your praises and talk about inside knowledge of some of your builds, it's easy to mistakenly make the connection.

I don't have a problem by the way. You seem to be exhibiting one though.

So you like to make baseless assumptions and then publish them on the internet. How old are you?

This forum has very little in the way of technical knowledge base and you find the need to have a crack at someone who could bring something of use to the forum every chance you can.
jzk25

Postby jdm rsk » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:21 am

where is the popcorn :D
jdm rsk
formerly legacy rsk

Car: MY 11 VW Golf GTI ED35

Postby teK-- » Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:46 am

Plenty to go around Shane :D :beach:
MY04 2.5i Safety 5MT Sedan "Project Locomotive"
..: JDM Subaru-AVO-Whiteline-Bilstein-Swift Springs-Cusco-Rallitek-GT Brakes-Remsa-K4RT30Y-Blitz-Philips-Défi-STI-Sabelt-Redline-Alpine-Polk Audio-Kenwood-Dynamat :..
teK--
-stickered-

Postby Subie Boy » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:01 am

Hahaha the good old Forum arguments hahahaa Smythie mate, you love to argue don't you? hahaha

Shane and I will just relax with Popcorn and beers ahaha
MY11 MERCEDES E350 COUPE AVANTGARDE
MY12 MASERATI GRAN TURISMO SPORT
MY98 BMW 850ci
Subie Boy

Postby DeMobBoss » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:42 am

Gentleman please lets take it easy. Why are we (apparently now the usual suspects) eternally polluting other peoples threads with our petty arguements :roll: I mean for some of us (me included) our reputation to stir shit precedes us - bloody shameful...
Ian's contributions were mostly well informed and technically overwhelming if opinionated, most of the time but, his delivery technique was soooo abrasive. But he seems to have changed his tact and I for one wellcome him back, at least some of his technical expertise is bound to be useful to someone reading this forum, I admit I've learnt things or thought of certain aspects of my build I hadn't thought of before scanning through some of his dribble :wink:
Now, please lets get back to DWDN's project.
Peace...
MY07 Liberty 3.0RB 6MT STI homologation, Biturbocharged!!! 336.2Kw ATW
URL: http://www.YouTube.com/DeMobBoss https://www.facebook.com/pages/DeMobBoss-Performance-Ltd/178186512262241

Also driving: 1980 Porsche 930 3.3L Turbo '81 factory Sonderwunsch Slantnose, Built motor in '88 by Scuderia Veloce Willoughby gloriously aircooled 3.3L Flatsix Turbo intercooled with K27 Turbo upgrade @ 2bar maximum & 1.3bar street ;-) 1982 Porsche 911SC Original factory panel Slantnose body retrofit gloriously aircooled 3.0 Flatsix N/A 5MT(rebuilt shorted 915), Mercedes-Benz W112Lang 300SEL 3.0 Straight 6 factory MechanicalFI 4MT. 1971 Mercedes-Benz W109 300SEL 3.5 V8 factory EFI 4AT, 1982 HJ47 Toyota LandCruiser trayback -75 series front and rear-2H4.0T 5MT, MY11 Audi A5S-line Sportback 3.0TDI 7DSG, MY11 BMW ///M330d DPL® Oz 2013-Kraftwerk® tuned-640Nm/220Kw, 6ATb
DeMobBoss

Car: MY07 Liberty 3.0RB STI Biturbo

Postby DWDN » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:21 am

Say hello to my little friend:

DWDN

Postby DeMobBoss » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:54 am

Oh wow very nice. There's just something inately beautiful about a polished engine sitting on a crate. :good:
MY07 Liberty 3.0RB 6MT STI homologation, Biturbocharged!!! 336.2Kw ATW
URL: http://www.YouTube.com/DeMobBoss https://www.facebook.com/pages/DeMobBoss-Performance-Ltd/178186512262241

Also driving: 1980 Porsche 930 3.3L Turbo '81 factory Sonderwunsch Slantnose, Built motor in '88 by Scuderia Veloce Willoughby gloriously aircooled 3.3L Flatsix Turbo intercooled with K27 Turbo upgrade @ 2bar maximum & 1.3bar street ;-) 1982 Porsche 911SC Original factory panel Slantnose body retrofit gloriously aircooled 3.0 Flatsix N/A 5MT(rebuilt shorted 915), Mercedes-Benz W112Lang 300SEL 3.0 Straight 6 factory MechanicalFI 4MT. 1971 Mercedes-Benz W109 300SEL 3.5 V8 factory EFI 4AT, 1982 HJ47 Toyota LandCruiser trayback -75 series front and rear-2H4.0T 5MT, MY11 Audi A5S-line Sportback 3.0TDI 7DSG, MY11 BMW ///M330d DPL® Oz 2013-Kraftwerk® tuned-640Nm/220Kw, 6ATb
DeMobBoss

Car: MY07 Liberty 3.0RB STI Biturbo

Postby kiks » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:04 pm

I have nothing to do with AM auto at all, not in the slightest. That workshop constantly and consistantly amazes its clients and customers with unique solutions and brilliant results. It's Jzk25's business to promote and defend. All you'll ever find anyone else doing is speaking out for the excellent work they've done, and occasionally drinking all his beer. The only link to AMauto I have ever had is as a paying customer and loyalist beer drinker and shit talker to go fishing for people when I'm bored :lol:

Smythie's opinions are his own and even idiots are welcome to think and use oxygen occasionally. But to say the work that comes out of Al's shop isnt directly proportional to the customers budget and requirements is a lie. If you want gold plated crap and titanium toilet lids I'm sure they could deliver. If you want a cost effective engine transplant for a great price from two very competent people, its your own business to do the research and ask the questions. But theres a few hundred people that would reccommend AM over anyone else. It's prudent to realise it is a small business, so one might better have some decent facts and at the very least a technical or mechanically aspirated mind to give reasoning for the opinion and do so on a specific basis.

I think the pictures he posted earlier are testament to the fact anyone can ring up, have a chat, and arrange for whatever they want in whatever timeframe they want and would be thoroughly satisfied. If the best wrx in the world (arguably) uses Al's work, one of the best 2.35 track EJ's uses his work, "one of the stupidest street cars around" *Al's work, and the majority of quality OEM quality subaru conversions in SE QLD use his work that's testament enough.

*fixed for accuracy and misleading statement. Lets keep this in the context of streetable stuff you can pick milk and eggs up in, and drop by a track for a 125+mph pass without a trailer.
Last edited by kiks on Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kiks

Car: 1UZTurbo HQ ute, Gen3 1GZ 5L V12 lib

Postby DWDN » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:16 pm

kiks wrote:the highest HP EZ H6 in the world uses Al's work, and the majority of quality OEM quality subaru conversions in SE QLD use his work that's testament enough.

Was that Mealer's EZ? Didn't he end up running a 9.4 quarter? Although I did think it was a USA produced car?
DWDN

Postby kiks » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:15 pm

Sorry mate. I dont tend to include fully slicked stripped seamwelded caged unregistered 95 imprezas as streetable cars you drive to the shops in. Let me rephrase. "fastest ez30r turbo you'll find with numberplates and no parachute mounts, that drives its own way to the track and home, with cupholders and electric windows, that doesnt attract the attention of any police and has perfect road manners". You're right though, my mistake.
kiks

Car: 1UZTurbo HQ ute, Gen3 1GZ 5L V12 lib

Postby Kevlar GT » Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:13 pm

Kiks and Smythie, take your shit somewhere else and let this thread continue with on topic posts FFS! Just try ignoring each other or something so the rest of us don't have to read through your dribs to get to the good bits. Your worse than my 8 year old.

:roll:
Kevlar GT

PreviousNext

Return to 3.0R & 3.6R engine specific