Around we go again - Full Alloy Rad for EZ30...

Posts specific to the 3.0 litre NA H6 engine

Around we go again - Full Alloy Rad for EZ30...

Postby montyLalor » Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:36 pm

Hi everyone,

I note that this has been covered before - purchasing a full alloy large capacity radiator for the EZ30...

This time around it's a PWR 'custom' make that I've personally verified as being a 100% plug-and-play replacement for the teeny tiny OEM radiator (that should've only ever been used on the dak-dak EJ natmos).
Hey Subaru! This is not Japan :roll: ...

My personal verification path started with reverse-engineering a 3D model from the OEM itty bitty rad...

...and submitting it with a drawing (generated from said model), which dimensioned all the key features that would make a full-alloy rad plug-and-play. I was subsequently sent a PWR drawing (don't ask for a copy - the answer is no!) that I quickly marked up with minor revisions as it was a drawing they had done for a pre-update EZ30.

So, I will be purchasing a 42mm core full-alloy PWR rad for (sit down if you're not already) thirteen hundred and fifty dollars and fifteen cents (incl.).
Yes, it's much steeper than I'd hoped - but so is the rapid ascent of the daily temps here in Brisvegas atm! :shock:

Yes, this purchase is driven by paranoia, but also because there's nothing else credible on the market at the moment... Fenix are 12 months out on their version and I will not buy a ChinaBay special.

So if you feel the need, I'm just informing everyone that PWR have a design that's ready to go with a reasonable 4-5 week lead time.
Stuck behind those that maneuver with the eloquence of a fiery wall of disintegrating fuselage...
montyLalor

Car: MY09 BLE 3.0R Spec B 6MT 32Jobp

Re: Around we go again - Full Alloy Rad for EZ30...

Postby bigBADbenny » Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:49 am

Wow! That’s a big commitment:good:

I’d be running a body ground to that beauty, prevent future electrolysis :good:
bigBADbenny

Car: MY07 GT-B 6MT OBP Wagon
Profile URL: http://tinyurl.com/agvbzop

Postby Shiv » Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:17 pm

Good to know, thanks for sharing and massive props for the effort!

I've been thinking of rads now that we're entering Summer. Desperately need to upgrade due to beach driving.

Definitely need to spend some time checking out prior threads on the topic...

Anyway, let us know how it goes please!
MY08 'off-road spec' Outback 3.0R Premium -- 1"inch raised King Springs, 1"inch lifting blocks, SubaXtreme alloy front & rear bars, KIDO Tune, Valenti Style Tail Lights + much much more!
Shiv

Car: MY08 Outback 3.0R Premium
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=27335

Postby StackAttack » Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:42 pm

montyLalor wrote:Hi everyone,

I note that this has been covered before - purchasing a full alloy large capacity radiator for the EZ30...

This time around it's a PWR 'custom' make that I've personally verified as being a 100% plug-and-play replacement for the teeny tiny OEM radiator (that should've only ever been used on the dak-dak EJ natmos).
Hey Subaru! This is not Japan :roll: ...

My personal verification path started with reverse-engineering a 3D model from the OEM itty bitty rad...

...and submitting it with a drawing (generated from said model), which dimensioned all the key features that would make a full-alloy rad plug-and-play. I was subsequently sent a PWR drawing (don't ask for a copy - the answer is no!) that I quickly marked up with minor revisions as it was a drawing they had done for a pre-update EZ30.

So, I will be purchasing a 42mm core full-alloy PWR rad for (sit down if you're not already) thirteen hundred and fifty dollars and fifteen cents (incl.).
Yes, it's much steeper than I'd hoped - but so is the rapid ascent of the daily temps here in Brisvegas atm! :shock:

Yes, this purchase is driven by paranoia, but also because there's nothing else credible on the market at the moment... Fenix are 12 months out on their version and I will not buy a ChinaBay special.

So if you feel the need, I'm just informing everyone that PWR have a design that's ready to go with a reasonable 4-5 week lead time.

Hello, apologies for the late reply. I'm wondering if there's any updates? Perhaps a PWR relevant part number? I'm currently looking to replace my OEM rad and I figure I may as well upgrade it at the same time.
Kind Regards,
StackAttack

Car: 2004 3.0R Spec.B

Postby Drew68 » Mon Feb 27, 2023 6:19 pm

Update I sent PWR an email and they responded immediately with the price and pictures.

"
We have custom make one for a customer in the past which features our 42mm core. (see attached)

Pricing is $1503.81 inc GST plus freight and would take approx. 5-6 weeks to manufacture.
" - PWR
Drew68

Car: Liberty H6

Postby bigBADbenny » Wed Mar 01, 2023 4:31 am

Kobe Motorsport on FB or eBay is doing another run of their well regarded and relatively affordable alloy h6 radiators, fyi.
bigBADbenny

Car: MY07 GT-B 6MT OBP Wagon
Profile URL: http://tinyurl.com/agvbzop

Return to 3.0R & 3.6R engine specific