Feedback needed: Xtreme Racing Tuning - West_Minist Tuning

Posts specific to the 3.0 litre NA H6 engine

Feedback needed: Xtreme Racing Tuning - West_Minist Tuning

Postby west_minist » Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:06 am

Dear All:

I would like your feedback on my services if possible.

I know in the past many of you have asked about generic maps that can be loaded that can tune you in one go. But due to not being able to overlook logs, I cannot let those 1 time tunes go just like that and I always end up custom tuning, because each car is different. Yes I can release a map that can cure all problems, but personally, I always expect the best :)

I put a lot of effort into tuning and cannot release my tunes, but you are always able to rewrite your tunes by other tuners or the stock map. I do not lock the ECU like ECUTek.

So if you had contacted me in the past or got your car tuned and it has been more than 3 months since I last tuned you, I look forward to your comments.
West_Minist

Subaru Diagnostics & Logging Reviewer
Subaru Expert Tuner
http://www.xtremeracingtuning.com/forum
info@xtremeracingtuning.com

Facebook

Viciously Tuned, Driven Hard
west_minist

Car: 2000 Subaru Impreza 2R 4EAT

Re: Feedback needed: Xtreme Racing Tuning - West_Minist Tuni

Postby MH3.0R » Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:47 pm

Edward,

Since you ask nicely for feedback, then here is mine.

With all mods to my car, I buy them, so I own them. I can do whatever I like to an aftermarket mod that I purchase, and I expect nothing less. Therefore, my personal preference, is to use a tuner that does not locks their maps. Otherwise it means I have lost all investment (purchase) in the previous tune.

So, as I said, this is my personal preference and not a judgement of the quality or responsiveness of your services.

Kind Regards,

Mark.
MY15 Jaguar XFR-S 5.0 V8 SC 8AT White Saloon (Stock - nothing more to do with 400+ KW :))
MY11 Jaguar XFS 3.0DTT 6AT White Saloon (Prepped for sale)
MY19 Subaru XV 2.0iS the shopping trolley and weekend all terrain cruiser!
MH3.0R
-stickered-

Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12969#p176433

Postby Tradewind » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:10 pm

Anyone who has used your services that I have come across have been very happy with your work Edward. I have recommended your service to others also.

Some people will only purchase a tune service if the tune is unlocked - that can be an obstacle to selling more of your service, however I understand your reasoning. There are others who tune as you do and they also lock their files, nothing uncommon in the H6 tuning industry from what I have learnt.
2015 Liberty 3.6R (6GEN) - Raptor headers and Raptor SUPER MAF
Tradewind

Car: Grey MY15 6GEN 3.6R - Raptor MAF

Postby Tradewind » Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:56 pm

I have been recommending your services to some potential 4cyl Subaru customers in the USA

See what develops
Tradewind

Postby west_minist » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:17 pm

Tim you are correct. A lot of work goes into it, and it would not be uncommon to go to any tuner, regardless of opensource or specific tuning that you would find they work being protected.

A customer have the stock rom that any person else can reflash the car and go again. If they feel like, there can reflash XRT again to compare.

Ok. Thank you for your marketing. A USDM contacted me and I sent him all the info.
west_minist

Car: 2000 Subaru Impreza 2R 4EAT

Postby Tradewind » Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:44 am

Ed

You will soon get feedback for this thread from me

It will be my car and also local customer car both 3.0 RB, mine obviously 06 other car is 07. Both manual
Tradewind

Postby kiks » Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:50 am

MH3.0R wrote:Edward,

Since you ask nicely for feedback, then here is mine.

With all mods to my car, I buy them, so I own them. I can do whatever I like to an aftermarket mod that I purchase, and I expect nothing less. Therefore, my personal preference, is to use a tuner that does not locks their maps. Otherwise it means I have lost all investment (purchase) in the previous tune.

So, as I said, this is my personal preference and not a judgement of the quality or responsiveness of your services.

Kind Regards,

Mark.

Most people lock their maps so retards dont go changing shit, having an electrical problem (conrod hits alternator), and then blaming a bad tune.
kiks

Car: 1UZTurbo HQ ute, Gen3 1GZ 5L V12 lib

Return to 3.0R & 3.6R engine specific