What type of fuel to use?

Posts specific to the 3.0 litre NA H6 engine

Re: What type of fuel to use?

Postby coyote » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:23 am

This:

zorro wrote:There is no harm in running a stock car on 91 as the ecu will have a low octane table to suit

is not correct.

Everything in the thread below applies just as much to H6s.

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=13161&start=0

Comparisons of how you think a fuel performs in your car are useless unless you've done an ecu reset and allowed at least half a tank for the ecu to do some learning.

** Team Tony **
coyote

Postby garbo41610 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:53 am

Subaru Sherpa is the most awesome, powerful p*ssy magnet to hit the road... OK, none of those are true but they are damn cool either way.
Car(s): Steel Silver MY10 GT Wagon + 1985 Subaru Sherpa

Mods: (GT) HKS Panel Filter. The HKS I put in the MY10 is the same filter I took out of my MY05 GT. So yes, they do fit. Custom leather heel pad to minimise carpet wear in the drivers footwell. Slotted front rotors. (Sherpa) 14'' 6 Spoke mags, Chrome Gear Shift (sick!), Alloy Pedals (sicker!), new positive and negative battery terminals, Alpine cda-9827 H/U, JBL GT 6x9's boxed and mounted (sickest!), Kicker DS650.2 component speakers mounted in the footwells in flibreglass pods, Alpine MRP-F200 4 channel amp (4x40wRMS), Rebadged with hektik chrome eBay badges, STi stickers for more powaaaa, "leather" handbrake boot, recarpetted with grey/black car carpet from Bunnings, sick Clarke Rubber boot mat, polished and waxed.
garbo41610
-stickered-

Car: MY10 GT Wagon Steel Silver

Postby coyote » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:20 am

garbo41610 wrote:Subaru Sherpa is the most awesome, powerful p*ssy magnet to hit the road... OK, none of those are true but they are damn cool either way.

I am stunned. That is the tidiest Sherpa I've seen in ... ever.

Not saying that makes it any good, but it's wonderfully presented.

** Team Tony **
coyote

Postby zorro » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:54 am

coyote wrote:This:

zorro wrote:There is no harm in running a stock car on 91 as the ecu will have a low octane table to suit

is not correct.

Everything in the thread below applies just as much to H6s.

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=13161&start=0

Comparisons of how you think a fuel performs in your car are useless unless you've done an ecu reset and allowed at least half a tank for the ecu to do some learning.

Same principal though. A manufacturer wouldn't leave a std tune with 98ron only, not everyone is like minded so the margin for people putting wrong fuel in would have to accommodate at least 95.

I haven't had a look as I'm only new to Subaru, but will be getting my hands on the tuning software as soon as I have one in my driveway. Do they run high and low tables or do they do VE correction differently?
zorro

Car: Z-Series Senator

Postby coyote » Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:10 pm

There's an advance multiplier (max of 1) and a failsafe table for when that doesn't stop the knocking.

Romraider is where to find the info you'll need. Good on you for having a go. PM me if you need help.

** Team Tony **
coyote

Postby Farugah » Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:02 pm

I am so going to trade my Black Spec.B for a sherpa anyone wanting to trade down to a liberty :D
Farugah

Car: MY05 3.0RB Sedan Black

Postby garbo41610 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:05 pm

F*ck no!

:lol:

Mods: (GT) HKS Panel Filter. The HKS I put in the MY10 is the same filter I took out of my MY05 GT. So yes, they do fit. Custom leather heel pad to minimise carpet wear in the drivers footwell. Slotted front rotors. (Sherpa) 14'' 6 Spoke mags, Chrome Gear Shift (sick!), Alloy Pedals (sicker!), new positive and negative battery terminals, Alpine cda-9827 H/U, JBL GT 6x9's boxed and mounted (sickest!), Kicker DS650.2 component speakers mounted in the footwells in flibreglass pods, Alpine MRP-F200 4 channel amp (4x40wRMS), Rebadged with hektik chrome eBay badges, STi stickers for more powaaaa, "leather" handbrake boot, recarpetted with grey/black car carpet from Bunnings, sick Clarke Rubber boot mat, polished and waxed.
garbo41610
-stickered-

Postby zorro » Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:49 pm

coyote wrote:There's an advance multiplier (max of 1) and a failsafe table for when that doesn't stop the knocking.

Romraider is where to find the info you'll need. Good on you for having a go. PM me if you need help.

Thanks mate might have to ask for tips here and there. Im right with EFIlive and kalmaker type chip burning (300zx) so keen to learn something new
zorro

Car: Z-Series Senator

Postby coyote » Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:59 pm

The process is simpler, but the maps are a little more complex.

Software is brilliant though (and free).

** Team Tony **
coyote

Postby garbo41610 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:29 pm

coyote wrote:The process is simpler, but the maps are a little more complex.

Software is brilliant though (and free).

Speaking of maps... Check this out!
http://maps.google.com.au/maps?q=20+dry ... 2C0%2C6.17

garbo41610
-stickered-

Postby Dropz » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:34 pm

Haha, nice!

Now we know where you live/ frequent/ visited once. We can stalk you and steal it with a paper clip :)
Built not bought, it's a way of life.
Dropz

Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17921

Postby SH30RB » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:34 pm

garbo41610 wrote:Speaking of maps... Check this out!
http://maps.google.com.au/maps?q=20+dry ... 2C0%2C6.17

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
TEAM FUNERAL HEARSE!
Only slightly modified, I swear!
SH30RB
-stickered-

Car: 05 Liberty 3.0R-B wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=14766

Postby garbo41610 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:38 pm

pfft... paperclip... all I do is sneeze on the window of a morning and it starts.

garbo41610
-stickered-

Postby Dropz » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:41 pm

does it need to be your sneeze or will anyones work? :P
Built not bought, it's a way of life.
Dropz

Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17921

Postby garbo41610 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:46 pm

Anyone's will work. It's a sort of "remote start" sort of feature.

garbo41610
-stickered-

Previous

Return to 3.0R & 3.6R engine specific