Fried my EJ25 in 98 Bilstein! help!

Posts specific to the 2.5 litre NA engine

Fried my EJ25 in 98 Bilstein! help!

Postby nick_162 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:48 pm

Story goes we owned the car for less than 4 hrs and it went POP. I should have known better before we bought it. (98 EJ25 bilstein, 170k km)

So moving on, its fried the head. Mechanic reckons probably cheaper to get a whole new short/long engine and drop it in rather than replacing and re building heads etc. posssibly agree. opinions would be great.

SO my question is, does anyone know how to do this? Want to make some cash? Does anyone know where to buy an EJ25? Better wreckers than others? Anyone got a mate selling an EJ25? i have put up post in WTB.

Be great to hear from anyone who can shed some light on this matter, its my little brothers first car and he is devo. and i should have known better when looking at it. so either way if someone wants to get in touch with me i can call them back if need be.

My name is nick and you can contact me at anytime on 0422 671 267. hope to hear soon. thanks in advance
nick_162

Car: 2002 sti

Re: Fried my EJ25 in 98 Bilstein! help!

Postby marki » Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:38 pm

4hrs?... did u evaluate the car, take the car for a test drive? If the engines shit itself, most likely the geabox is on its way out, and so will everything else. its got 12 years of wear.
Straight out, the cars old, by replacing the engine doesnt guarantee ALL will be fixed. The internals are old & (from expierence) most likely the issues will just snowball.

IMO, sell it off, the car will cost you more in the long run.
marki

Car: 03 MY04 2.5i

Re: Fried my EJ25 in 98 Bilstein! help!

Postby castek » Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:44 am

i'm guessing if its for your older brother then a turbo conversion is out, as you could buy a half cut and transplant that in.
you'd want to get the whole lot reco'd. where abouts are ya located? i can recommend a place in melbourne
castek

Car: 2005 Liberty 2.5i Arctic White

Return to 2.5i engine specific