Sluggsih low down grunt

Posts specific to the 2.5 litre NA engine

Sluggsih low down grunt

Postby Flamethrower » Fri May 29, 2009 12:47 pm

Guy's, does anyone here with a MY07-08 2.5 Liberty non-turbo reckon it's a bit sliggish? It's lacking some low down torque?
I was at the dealers today and commented about that, i was told that they would recommend flashing the ECU etc back to nil and starting again. I'll do that with my next service? I'm sure my old MY-00 2.5 RX was a bit quicker and it has 13KW less power?
I'd be interested to hear from the experts here?

I'm also been researching low cost options to improve performance - but apart from the MRT route and extractors there's not much out there?
MY08 Liberty Heritage
Diamond Grey
Flamethrower

Postby wassell2381 » Fri May 29, 2009 2:18 pm

ye
i reckon that aswell. Ive got the 4 speed auto and that just seems to be sluggish all the time. The manuals are supposed to be a bit better.

Whats involved in getting the ECU set back to 0?
Current:
... TBC
Sold:
MY09 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
MY10 BMW 320d LCI
MY09 Impreza RS Hatch
MY04 Liberty Safety Pack Sedan
wassell2381
-stickered-

Car: Nil

Postby Spec B Wgn » Fri May 29, 2009 2:53 pm

i would suggest an ECU reset as well...

the advance multiplier is basically a setting between 0-16 and effectively shows how your car is running...

its very common to see the multiplier down as low as 5-8 and as high as 14-16

low is bad , high is good and can all be down to how the car ihas been driven, or even if a bad fuel has been used.

reset the ECU if yo can and then try to get some spirited driving in without breaking the law. Hopefully the multiplier will reset itself and then maintain a high reading for you.
This cowboy walks in to a German car showroom and he says 'Audi!'
Spec B Wgn

Postby Flamethrower » Fri May 29, 2009 3:23 pm

Spec B Wgn wrote:i would suggest an ECU reset as well...

the advance multiplier is basically a setting between 0-16 and effectively shows how your car is running...

low is bad , high is good and can all be down to how the car ihas been driven, or even if a bad fuel has been used.

reset the ECU if yo can and then try to get some spirited driving in without breaking the law. Hopefully the multiplier will reset itself and then maintain a high reading for you.

Matey, that's exactly what the Subaru mechanic said, as 95% of my driving is restricted to short suburban driving, the damn car thinks it's Granny mobile or something. I need to exorcise that from the Liberty and take it down Hume Hwy to Goulburn or something 100ks avg speed! :twisted:
MY08 Liberty Heritage
Diamond Grey
Flamethrower

Postby Spec B Wgn » Fri May 29, 2009 3:33 pm

Flamethrower wrote:
Spec B Wgn wrote:i would suggest an ECU reset as well...

Matey, that's exactly what the Subaru mechanic said, as 95% of my driving is restricted to short suburban driving, the damn car thinks it's Granny mobile or something. I need to exorcise that from the Liberty and take it down Hume Hwy to Goulburn or something 100ks avg speed! :twisted:

good stuff... stick some 98 fuel in it if you can.. every little bit helps
This cowboy walks in to a German car showroom and he says 'Audi!'
Spec B Wgn

Postby sinist4 » Fri May 29, 2009 3:46 pm

i'll noticed this problem also, however i think its more noticable when you first the start the car up. it doesnt seem to be that slow when its heated up.
[Team Diamond Grey]
sinist4

Postby marki » Fri May 29, 2009 5:28 pm

Ive said this ALOT on this forum, almost like a ghost quivering feel when u accelarate. Sometimes i think im towing a friggin' caravan!! but once u get moving its adequet.
Its not a revvy car and this is why its sluggish-- I had an integra before the Liberty, and just touching the accelarator wuld set the car off.

The gearbox is overgeared, no ecu reset will do anything. If u wanted power; straight out mate, u brought the wrong car.

My mates got a RX Impreza manual, yes they feel alot lighter, but believe it from me, my auto liberty will smash him.
marki

Car: 03 MY04 2.5i

Return to 2.5i engine specific