Exhausted...

Posts specific to the 2.5 litre NA engine

Exhausted...

Postby darkarts616 » Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:33 pm

hi yall,
i own a stocko RX2.5 and i was wondering if anyone knows how loud one is without both middle mufflers and just a straight thru. i would like a bit of noise but i dont really want to spend a heap then get defected.
any info or suggestions would be appreciated
Cheers Lucas
darkarts616

Postby Mano™ » Sat Jan 13, 2007 10:58 am

Hey champ and welcome..

Unsure really how loud it would be, but it would have a bit of a note on it..

Best way is to ring and ask an exhaust place, these guys would know the approx sound ranges it would be pushing out :)

It's weird.. but even if someone has the same car, it always sounds diffrent, let alone diffrent loudness.

It also comes down to the type of exhaust you want... I have hurd and seen thinner exhausts tend to have a tinny sound. My exhaust is custom and thick on my rs subie, and she is quite deep and loud.

So just give an exhaust place, that you know of that does Subarus, it would be alot more helpfull..

Maybe someone here could also help, but best would be an Exhaust place :)

Cheers
Mano 8)
Mano™
-stickered-

Car: MY06 Liberty GT

Postby LIBER8ED » Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:57 am

Hey Lucas, welcome to the funzone!! ha ha

Mate i have a stocko 2.5i, and all i have done, is take the center muffler out, and exchange the 2 rear bus mufflers for a couple of cannons..

must say rather loud, and you can certainly hear me coming...

cops havent had any issues with it, and admittedly i have been pulled over.. but we wont go there.. ha ha..

Other than that, im happy with the sound... now... ive finally accepted that i wont get the boxer rumble out of it without spending up big, so ive grown to like the note i have now.
He who laughs last, thinks slowest.

[TEAM BLUE OVAL]

Image[ImageImageImageImage
LIBER8ED
-stickered-

Car: MY06 3RB Liberty Wagon 6MT

Return to 2.5i engine specific