Airbag light pink slip light fun

Posts specific to the 2.5 litre NA engine

Airbag light pink slip light fun

Postby dapple » Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:01 am

Hey all,

So my recent purchase of what appeared to be a near mint ‘08 liberty sedan had a few issues for its pink due on the 10th of dec, it’s had rear shocks leaking, valve rocker leaks, and worst of all driving it home after I bought it I chipped the windscreen :alcoholic: there is however one issue that’s the worst of all and that’s the dam airbag light. I bought the car with every receipt for everything done to the car since it rolled off the Subaru dealership lot but every year for the past 5 years around late November/early December it’s gotten a new drivers side seatbelt pretensioner. I took it to my local smash repairs and they scanned it and confirmed that this time it is defiantly an issue with the pretensioner again and they fixed the light for a solid 3 weeks, until I let dad drive it and he moved the seat around and it came back.

I’ve used a multimeter and there is defiantly continuity in the pretensioner, I’ve had the code re-read and I’ve been told my the smash repairs that they 110% absolutely will not do anything jank to make the light go away and quoted me for another pretensioner and wiring harness. I just need the car to pass a pink, is there any way of temporary disabling the light through a resistor until I get paid and I fork out the money for a whole new airbag harness?
dapple

Car: MY08 2.5 Liberty Luxury Sedan

Re: Airbag light pink slip light fun

Postby bigBADbenny » Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:26 am

Just google the resistor mod, it’s out there.

Otherwise a dry joint in the occupant sensor/sunroof switch can cause this issue according to LegacyGT forum.

Reasonably affordable item from self serve wreckers.

I’ll dig for links later.
bigBADbenny

Car: MY07 GT-B 6MT OBP Wagon
Profile URL: http://tinyurl.com/agvbzop

Postby dapple » Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:04 am

Already checked and reflowed, it’s defiantly the seat connector. I’ve seen the resistor mods but the value changes from model to model and they all have slight variance, rekon 3 ohms will be fine?
dapple

Car: MY08 2.5 Liberty Luxury Sedan

Postby bigBADbenny » Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:07 pm

Did you lookup the diagnostics in the FSM workshop manual, link in my signature?
bigBADbenny

Car: MY07 GT-B 6MT OBP Wagon
Profile URL: http://tinyurl.com/agvbzop

Return to 2.5i engine specific