$1500 - $2000 on improvement suggestions

Posts specific to the 2.5 litre NA engine

Re: $1500 - $2000 on improvement suggestions

Postby subyroo » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:06 am

BrosephStalin wrote:Thanks for the input Turbo Lag

How was the vibration and general smoothness of the ride after you converted to SMF?

I did the DMF to SMF (Warranty) on my Ex - 2003 XS Forester and for me the feeling was much much better, it was like it had gained a little in the feeling of acceleration, now whether that was a placebo effect or not I don't know. But to somebody who OCD & pedantic, it definitely felt it had a bit more toe in it. :good:
Pedro

2021 Honda HR-V VTi-S
MY03 XS Forester (owned for 13yrs.)
Man blames fate for other accidents but feels personally responsible for a hole in one.
subyroo

Car: 2021 Honda HRV VTi-S

Postby BrosephStalin » Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:50 pm

I ended up getting the callipers, will see how much life the rotors and pads have. I think regardless it will be an improvement because my current brakes are definitely wearing out.

Thanks for all your input guys. I won't do the SMF conversion yet seeing how the clutch is still pretty healthy - haven't had any issues with it. But if the clutch will need to retire one day during my ownership, then I'll switch over to SMF and see what the fuss is all about!

In the meantime, I've sent you a PM Turbo Lag re swaybar. :)
BrosephStalin

Car: 2005 3.0R Spec B 6spd Manual

Postby Turbo Lag » Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:42 am

BrosephStalin wrote:I ended up getting the callipers, will see how much life the rotors and pads have. I think regardless it will be an improvement because my current brakes are definitely wearing out.

Thanks for all your input guys. I won't do the SMF conversion yet seeing how the clutch is still pretty healthy - haven't had any issues with it. But if the clutch will need to retire one day during my ownership, then I'll switch over to SMF and see what the fuss is all about!

In the meantime, I've sent you a PM Turbo Lag re swaybar. :)

Nice one, I think it's a good buy. 8) Let us know how you go!

I've sent you a message on FB RE: swaybar, see what you think. :)
'04 Subaru Liberty 2.5i Safety Pack Sedan 5MT & '08 Subaru Liberty GT-B Tuned by STI Wagon 6MT & '00 Toyota Altezza RS200-Z 6MT & '16 Honda CB500F
Turbo Lag

Car: 04 2.5i & 08 TBSTI & Altezza
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=36287

Previous

Return to 2.5i engine specific