mods for 07 2.5 auto

Posts specific to the 2.5 litre NA engine

Postby EJ25 » Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:08 am

tangcla wrote:Parking sensors are damn helpful.

Considering reverse parking sensors cost me $250 painted, fitted and installed, and a respray of my rear bar would cost more than that alone... I think that pays for itself already :P

would have preferred the camera now, safer for little children, not that i have any ofcourse.LOL
EJ25

Postby tangcla » Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:36 am

EJ25 wrote: would have preferred the camera now, safer for little children, not that i have any ofcourse.LOL
It's cheap to get them fitted aftermarket - my $250 was at my panelbeater after I had bought my car. :)
www.tangcla.com - photography

Canon 5D Mark III x2 | 16-35mm f/2.8L | 24-70mm f/2.8L IS | 70-200mm f/2.8L IS
100mm f/2.8L IS macro | 200mm f/2.0L IS | 580EX-II x2 | 430EX-II | PocketWizard TT1/TT5
tangcla

Car: B6 Audi S4 (4.2L V8)
Profile URL: http://www.tangcla.com

Postby viriix » Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:40 am

Jee you're all sounding like a fag with this camera shit.. :p

Seriously.. I guess parking sensors could be helpful, but I won't get them because I know how to park :p and secondly I don't like the chick pox concept on the back of my bar.. if they inbuilt it with some sort of sensor so it was all a clean finish, then perhaps!

I wouldnt mind a camera, but that would be more of a novelty, plus it would be good to probably have a sensor display to show how far you are away, as a camera really doesn't help measuring distance etc.. so you'd have to depend on both visual and audio.. imo..

Who cares about kids behind the car.. they shouldn't be running around alone!

Back in our day in school, it was drilled into you not to cross the road alone.. never had any problems..

There are only problems because parents these days lack strict iron fist discipline and the stupid breed with stupid..

But back to the topic of sensors.. I'd prefer a classy first class with LCD, showing camera, animated distance and sound xD

I think the beamers and mercs have something similar.
Current: MY12 Tornado Red VW Golf GTI
Past: MY07 Pearl White Subaru Liberty GT-B | MY04 Arctic Blue Honda Accord Euro-L | MY2K Salsa Red Dodge Neon
viriix

Postby johnnydad » Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:48 pm

viriix wrote:Who cares about kids behind the car.. they shouldn't be running around alone!

Hopefully everyone. Unless you are a complete retard?
johnnydad

Postby viriix » Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:33 pm

johnnydad wrote:
viriix wrote:Who cares about kids behind the car.. they shouldn't be running around alone!

You need to lighten up dude.. all in good jest.. also take into the fact i'm a pretty sarcastic and negative person in general with a pretty blunt and honest opinion on a lot of things :]
Current: MY12 Tornado Red VW Golf GTI
Past: MY07 Pearl White Subaru Liberty GT-B | MY04 Arctic Blue Honda Accord Euro-L | MY2K Salsa Red Dodge Neon
viriix

Postby MY07GT » Sat Oct 27, 2007 2:36 am

johnnydad wrote:

:haha: :clapping: :rofl:

Phil.
[TEAM FUNERAL]
[MY07GT]
club.liberty.asn.au
MY07GT

Postby Subie Boy » Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:34 pm

Anyone done this mod? Engine (turbo, etc)
MY11 MERCEDES E350 COUPE AVANTGARDE
MY12 MASERATI GRAN TURISMO SPORT
MY98 BMW 850ci
Subie Boy

Postby AndySTi » Sun May 03, 2009 8:32 pm

Excuse the nooby question, but what would be the best bang for you buck performance related mod for the 2.5i? Besides a panel filter (if that counts :? )
AndySTi

Car: MY07 LGT TB STI

Postby matty_et » Sun May 03, 2009 9:19 pm

i don't know about bang for buck.... kinda dear... but id guess that extractors and after market exhaust will see the best results. to gain power from N/A's other than that its mainly internal work.. cams, higher comp etc. nothing really on the cheap side. unfortuanatly
matty_et

Postby AndySTi » Sun May 03, 2009 9:39 pm

matty_et wrote:i don't know about bang for buck.... kinda dear... but id guess that extractors and after market exhaust will see the best results. to gain power from N/A's other than that its mainly internal work.. cams, higher comp etc. nothing really on the cheap side. unfortuanatly
:swoon:
AndySTi

Car: MY07 LGT TB STI

Postby matty_et » Mon May 04, 2009 8:57 pm

to be honest mate your moneys probably better spent in the handling department, a nice set of springs.. ive heard H&R or EBAICH are good. and a set of swaybars.

ive got a hi-tech cat back exhaust, hks panel filter and besides a nicer sounding note i doubt if the engines gained a total of 3 Kw :lol:
but yeh ive got a rear sway bar on the way :D and a set of BC coilovers already fitted and thats where i feel my money was best spent IMO.
matty_et

Postby nytrojen » Tue May 05, 2009 11:57 am

EJ25 wrote:
viriix wrote:If you're in 'sport shift' 'tip-tronic' mode or whatever they call it these days.. you can hold it in gear..

lol, the difference is, when you push the gearstick(or wateva its called) to the right, the sport sign lights up. However, this does practically nothing, as the thing still shifts by itself and imo holds gears alot longer. I personally call it tiptronic only when you hit the gearstick upwards to activate the 'tiptronic' mode. In this mode, you can shift gears 'manually'. However, the thing still shifts itself when im just about to hit cutoff. ie when im flooring it on first gear all the way, the comp shifts it to second, alhough i didnt touch the gearstick. Compare this to the accord euro, where i can i-vtec first gear and it will stay at cutoff till the comp works out after 1 or 2 seconds, thats its cutoff and shifts. and adrian, dont talk unless you got an auto.hahahha 8)

There's actually 2 modes: when you push the shifter to the right it goes into "sport" mode. This is essentially like the "power" setting on older autos. It just hold the revs higher before it shifts. To go into tiptronic mode you need to move the shifter up or down. Then you're in completely manual mode... but it WILL shift down if you brake from say 80 to 20 and are still in 4th. It won't shift up at all and will ping off the redline in manual mode, and beep at you furiously if you try and downshift when you're going too fast for the lower gear.
nytrojen
-stickered-

Postby Hobber » Tue May 05, 2009 8:54 pm

Yeah always interesting when you stop at the lights and forget you are in 'tiptronic'... car nicely changes down into 1st when you stop, then you take off and wonder why it's not shifting up :P
Hobber

Car: MY10 GT Premium

Postby smythie » Tue May 05, 2009 9:04 pm

better than taking off thinking you are in tip tronic and bumping the lever forward for 2nd only to get Neutral
Flag Bitch

MY06 3.0RB
smythie

Car: MY06 3RB - Blue

Postby Flamethrower » Sun May 10, 2009 10:23 am

matty_et wrote:to be honest mate your moneys probably better spent in the handling department, a nice set of springs.. ive heard H&R or EBAICH are good. and a set of swaybars.

ive got a hi-tech cat back exhaust, hks panel filter and besides a nicer sounding note i doubt if the engines gained a total of 3 Kw :lol:
but yeh ive got a rear sway bar on the way :D and a set of BC coilovers already fitted and thats where i feel my money was best spent IMO.

?? What about the ECU? is that worthwhile or are we playing with fire when we are talking 2.5?
MY08 Liberty Heritage
Diamond Grey
Flamethrower

PreviousNext

Return to 2.5i engine specific