Recall for fuel pump harness connector

Posts specific to the 2.5 litre NA engine

Recall for fuel pump harness connector

Postby ICE_BM » Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:48 pm

Hi forum enthusiasts,

MY04-09, I got a letter for this recall (so far) only on one of my 4GENs, the 2.5i, no letter for the H6 Liberty yet, both are wagons not sedans. My son's mate got a letter for his Impreza sedan.
Anyone got info whether the H6 uses a different fuel pump and therefore might not be recalled?
That's Question1...

Question2: I had the job done, and now since getting the car back just a short while later it throws code P0463 (Fuel Level Sensor "A" Circuit High), and the fuel gauge was playing up. I reset the code but it has come back this morning. A bit of online reading indicates that this is probably an issue with the same harness that the dealer would have been messing with. I have sent a message to the dealer, still waiting to hear back. Cynical me is expecting the dealer to deny all responsibility, so I'm posting on here to see if anyone has experience with the P0463 code and what you might have done to fix it.

Thanks in advance
ICE_BM

Car: Lib 3RB Wagon MY08; OB MY06 2.5 5sp

Re: Recall for fuel pump harness connector

Postby binary » Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:09 pm

Check your VINs on the gov recalls site linked in this thread --> viewtopic.php?f=45&t=35466
Pretty sure the H6s aren't affected.
MY05 Liberty GT auto wagon | Ultrex dump pipe, tuned by Torqued Performance http://www.torquedperformance.com/
binary

Car: MY05 GT 5EAT wagon

Postby jp928 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:45 am

Just had mine done. At the book in I asked the guy to inspect the rear seat and note its condition. He asked if I mean for hime to see something specific - No, just note its condition (being spotless, unmarked). He smiled when he got the point. Mate had his dash damaged in the airbag recall, and was told 'It was like that', which was BS as I know his car well. I suggest for any work on the interior you ask them to note the condition at book in.
jp 08 gtb 6mt wagon
jp928

Car: 08 gtb 6mt wagon

Postby bigBADbenny » Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:05 pm

It’s easy enough to diy inspect, pull the rear seat, remove the black cover, pull the fuel pump/sender plug and look for burnt pins.

I did the fix on a mates outback a few years ago, his car would start, run then conk out.
The symptoms got worse with time.

If burnt pins, replace the pump top assy and the plug.

Do the lower filter assy and pop in an upgrade pump whilst you’re at it.

Use my diy parts guide to find a matching car at the wreckers for the plug & pump top assy, buy the rest new.
bigBADbenny

Car: MY07 GT-B 6MT OBP Wagon
Profile URL: http://tinyurl.com/agvbzop

Return to 2.5i engine specific