N/A mods advise

Posts specific to the 2.5 litre NA engine

Re: N/A mods advise

Postby bigBADbenny » Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:17 pm

If they're low K's and babied they're acceptable but once crapped out are harsh, jiggly and bottom out with a crash over rough roads. Not what you want for safety and handling.

Shockworks are firm around town but absolutely shine on the crappest roads, you'll feel in control in all conditions.
Sway bar upgrades are neither recommended nor required so you save another $600 or so, making Shockworks a better value proposition than more affordable coilovers. :good:
bigBADbenny

Car: MY07 GT-B 6MT OBP Wagon
Profile URL: http://tinyurl.com/agvbzop

Postby shav » Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:11 pm

SIMO888 wrote:shav what did you find wrong with the stock liberty bilstiens ??

I didnt have the Bilsteins as my car isnt a Spec B. I had the KYB stock suspension. If funds permitted though I'd opt for the Shockworks.
Cheers
Shav

MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium Sedan | HKS Panel filter | Pierburg 3 port | Whiteline adj sways F&R | Cusco HD mounts | Whiteline HD front sway links | Anycarlink AL-1080B | Ultrex s/s 3" CBE | Ultrex PU lip spoiler | Invidia s/s dump pipe and 100cel cat | KiDo tuned | DBA T2 rotors | Intima SS brake pads | Mishimoto TMIC | Koya ISR7 wheels | 265L Kobe fuel pump | Diamond Works SI Drive dial | Bilsteins

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
2012 Focus Cayo 2.0 road bike
2015 Cervelo S5 VWD road bike
shav

Car: MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18915&start=480

Postby SIMO888 » Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:11 am

These are 2 articles I read on n/a power for gen 4 liberty's n that's why I asked the questions here

http://www.offroadsubarus.com/showthread.php?t=5448

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.p ... 15322.html
SIMO888

Car: iberty tuned by sti MY07

Postby Surge » Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:23 am

If you want some power on an NA subaru, while keeping it NA, I'd go get a bigger fuel pump and an E85 tune from kidotuning aka Matt.

I just had mine retuned again after going with bigger injectors and it's a noticible difference over the previous tune which already had a huge improvement over stock.
After this latest retune I'm having a hard time deciding whether to drive my gc8 wrx powered liberty or my 2008 2.5i

The butt dyno approves!

Also there are other benifits of a Kido tune with regard to overall performance of your systems in the car, from the auto gearbox (if you have one ) to the brake system (which Matt can explain via PM I'm sure).

Without spending too much you can get a solid lift in performance that way.
Surge

Car: 2010 lib GT 5eat

Postby shav » Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:31 am

Surge wrote:If you want some power on an NA subaru, while keeping it NA, I'd go get a bigger fuel pump and an E85 tune from kidotuning aka Matt.

I just had mine retuned again after going with bigger injectors and it's a noticible difference over the previous tune which already had a huge improvement over stock.
After this latest retune I'm having a hard time deciding whether to drive my gc8 wrx powered liberty or my 2008 2.5i

The butt dyno approves!

Also there are other benifits of a Kido tune with regard to overall performance of your systems in the car, from the auto gearbox (if you have one ) to the brake system (which Matt can explain via PM I'm sure).

Without spending too much you can get a solid lift in performance that way.

I too have heard this. Surprisingly the NA engines respond well to these small upgrades.
Cheers
Shav

MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium Sedan | HKS Panel filter | Pierburg 3 port | Whiteline adj sways F&R | Cusco HD mounts | Whiteline HD front sway links | Anycarlink AL-1080B | Ultrex s/s 3" CBE | Ultrex PU lip spoiler | Invidia s/s dump pipe and 100cel cat | KiDo tuned | DBA T2 rotors | Intima SS brake pads | Mishimoto TMIC | Koya ISR7 wheels | 265L Kobe fuel pump | Diamond Works SI Drive dial | Bilsteins

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
2012 Focus Cayo 2.0 road bike
2015 Cervelo S5 VWD road bike
shav

Car: MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18915&start=480

Previous

Return to 2.5i engine specific