Unequal headers.

Posts specific to the 2.5 litre NA engine

Unequal headers.

Postby VanillaIce220 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:46 pm

Hey guys.
I am trying to sort out UE length headers for a family member who has a 2.5L NA liberty. He wanted some UE and he wants to do it on a budget because he is basically a poor uni student. I found these http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Subaru-Fores ... 3ab1bde403 wonder if they would bolt straight up or if it will require some modification. I havent looked under his car to see where it all links up. if you know of any cheaper/better please post a link. Thanks.
Meme god.
VanillaIce220

Car: Subaru Liberty 04 GT

Re: Unequal headers.

Postby Liberty Wagon » Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:49 pm

They will bolt up no problem but you will need to modify the center section of the exhaust to suit and cut a bit of the undercar cover out.
Liberty Wagon

Car: MY05 Liberty Wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=18492

Postby KiDo_Tuning » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:35 pm

Depending on what model, it will also throw a CEL for P0420 rendering the car nearly undriveable
KiDo Racing Tunes Info: HERE

Great minds discuss ideas;
Average minds discuss events;
Small minds discuss people
KiDo_Tuning

Car: Subarus + Nissans

Postby Liberty Wagon » Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:30 pm

KiDo_Tuning wrote:Depending on what model, it will also throw a CEL for P0420 rendering the car nearly undriveable

Not necessarily, the O2 sensors simply need to be relocated. I have this set up in my car and not once has it thrown a DTC fault code.

Having said this, it is not cheap to bolt these headers up after you have fabbed a new center section and extended your O2 sensor wiring. Plus you run the risk of stuffing the thread on your O2 sensors which are very expensive to replace.
Liberty Wagon

Postby VanillaIce220 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:29 am

KiDo_Tuning wrote:Depending on what model, it will also throw a CEL for P0420 rendering the car nearly undriveable

Ahh them codes ahahah, I'm considering going catless with my GT but I dont want to throw a code so I am buying an AVO dump or something and getting the custom dump I have now and making that catless. Okay Okay, I will let him know what he will have to do if he goes with it. The local guy who made my dump and probably sort some of that out... but he is busy as.

Thanks Hayden and Matt.
Meme god.
VanillaIce220

Car: Subaru Liberty 04 GT

Postby Liberty Wagon » Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:42 pm

VanillaIce220 wrote:

Ahh them codes ahahah, I'm considering going catless with my GT but I dont want to throw a code so I am buying an AVO dump or something and getting the custom dump I have now and making that catless. Okay Okay, I will let him know what he will have to do if he goes with it. The local guy who made my dump and probably sort some of that out... but he is busy as.

Thanks Hayden and Matt.

No problem mate, be very careful if you decide to delete the catalytic converter as the fines are huge. May be worth considering a high flow cat instead.
If you need any help with the header install, let me know. I have done exactly this to my car and can get you some pictures to help you visualize what is needed.
Liberty Wagon

Postby KiDo_Tuning » Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:35 am

VanillaIce220 wrote:

Thanks Hayden and Matt.

Trust me, you wont have codes for that ;)
KiDo Racing Tunes Info: HERE

Great minds discuss ideas;
Average minds discuss events;
Small minds discuss people
KiDo_Tuning

Car: Subarus + Nissans

Return to 2.5i engine specific