ECM update software to improve catalytic operation.

Posts specific to the 2.5 litre NA engine

ECM update software to improve catalytic operation.

Postby shanus888 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:46 am

Ahh the dreaded PO420 code, after months of clearing the code myself and researching then losing interest im now determined to fix this as cheaply as possible. Things that i have learnt about this code and people that have tried everything are: replacing the cat is a waist of time, replacing sensors is a waist of time, installing an extender spacer is a waist of time.
The only proper fix that i have found with no negative feed back is to upgrade the ECM software (PAC FILE UPDATE FOR CATALYTIC SYSTEM) in your car which for some reason was never offered in Australia but in every other country nor have local Subaru dealers heard about this update. Now my mechanic does have this software that he had to purchase from Germany for $250, and is willing to install it for $275.
The question is: has anyone seen this software online for free or cheeper? please help its such a pain in the arse to have to clear the codes every 2 weeks and then have the idle reset only to have me hopping along the streets trying not to stall the engine!
shanus888

Car: Subaru Liberty 2.5 2008

Re: ECM update software to improve catalytic operation.

Postby KiDo_Tuning » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:05 pm

shanus888 wrote:Ahh the dreaded PO420 code, after months of clearing the code myself and researching then losing interest im now determined to fix this as cheaply as possible. Things that i have learnt about this code and people that have tried everything are: replacing the cat is a waist of time, replacing sensors is a waist of time, installing an extender spacer is a waist of time.
The only proper fix that i have found with no negative feed back is to upgrade the ECM software (PAC FILE UPDATE FOR CATALYTIC SYSTEM) in your car which for some reason was never offered in Australia but in every other country nor have local Subaru dealers heard about this update. Now my mechanic does have this software that he had to purchase from Germany for $250, and is willing to install it for $275.
The question is: has anyone seen this software online for free or cheeper? please help its such a pain in the arse to have to clear the codes every 2 weeks and then have the idle reset only to have me hopping along the streets trying not to stall the engine!

I turn the code off for free. Where do you live?
KiDo Racing Tunes Info: HERE

Great minds discuss ideas;
Average minds discuss events;
Small minds discuss people
KiDo_Tuning

Car: Subarus + Nissans

Re: ECM update software to improve catalytic operation.

Postby BillyCorgi » Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:25 am

Get your Short Shift Adaptor viewtopic.php?f=68&t=30525
Get your Gear Shift Rejuvenation Kit viewtopic.php?f=68&t=31240
Get your Centre Differential Rebuild viewtopic.php?f=6&t=31089
Want a custom built Brake Cylinder Stopper? viewtopic.php?f=6&t=31321
Need to hire a Guard Rolling Machine? viewtopic.php?f=6&t=31899
Get your BillyCorgi's "Not-4-Wimps" Chilli Sauce
BillyCorgi

Car: Liberty 3.0R-B Wagon E85 Flex Fuel
Profile URL: www.facebook.com/CorgiWerx

Return to 2.5i engine specific