Already had a tune or not

Posts specific to the 2.5 litre NA engine

Already had a tune or not

Postby Beno » Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:31 pm

Hi All,

I'm new to the whole Subaru thing and must say they are awesome !!
I have bought a 07 Liberty gtb and love it.. I bought the car off a dealer and they told me it was stock.
Upon having a look it has a tcp tbe, avo tmic and hi flow filter. Was wondering how to tell if this car has already had a flash tune done as I thought you had to tune them once you have done exhaust etc..
I have put a boost gauge in to see if the boost has been adjusted and it peaks at 16 psi is this stock and is there any other way to tell if tune is done?
Any advice would be appreciated
Thanks Ben
Beno

Car: 07 GT-B 6mt Obp sedan

Re: Already had a tune or not

Postby KiDo_Tuning » Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:47 pm

Beno wrote:Hi All,

I'm new to the whole Subaru thing and must say they are awesome !!
I have bought a 07 Liberty gtb and love it.. I bought the car off a dealer and they told me it was stock.
Upon having a look it has a tcp tbe, avo tmic and hi flow filter. Was wondering how to tell if this car has already had a flash tune done as I thought you had to tune them once you have done exhaust etc..
I have put a boost gauge in to see if the boost has been adjusted and it peaks at 16 psi is this stock and is there any other way to tell if tune is done?
Any advice would be appreciated
Thanks Ben

I would say its been tuned. I suspect if its silver and you bought it in the last few weeks, I even know which car t is.
Stock boost is under 14psi

How does the auto shift? Smooth shifts?
KiDo Racing Tunes Info: HERE

Great minds discuss ideas;
Average minds discuss events;
Small minds discuss people
KiDo_Tuning

Car: Subarus + Nissans

Postby Beno » Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:13 pm

Hi mate,
Sorry should have been more specific mine is obsidian Black and a 6mt. It holds 16 psi till about 5000 rpm then drops off.. Car is very punchy and drives really nice in s mode but doesn't seem to like s# mode. When I go wot it the engine bogs down before taking off and once almost stalled.. Will it have different boost settings with the different si drive settings.. I will get it tuned again just to be sure.. Where are you located kido ?
Beno

Postby KiDo_Tuning » Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:37 am

Sounds like it may be untuned or may even have EcuTek on it if it holds 16psi from say 2400rpm to 5000rpm

Live in Coffs Harbour. In Brisbane every few weeks though.
KiDo Racing Tunes Info: HERE

Great minds discuss ideas;
Average minds discuss events;
Small minds discuss people
KiDo_Tuning

Car: Subarus + Nissans

Postby Beno » Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:06 pm

Would be keen to get a tune and heard your tunes are good. Can you let me know when you plan to head up here next.. Hopes its not ecutek have not heard good things about it.. Can you please pm me some idea of pricing cheers mate..
Beno

Return to 2.5i engine specific