Clock/info display flashing "ign"

Posts specific to the 2.5 litre NA engine

Clock/info display flashing "ign"

Postby renan_don18 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:10 pm

Hi guys,

A few days ago I noticed that sometimes my clock/info panel would flash "ign" (looks like the top part of 1, a 9 and the top part of a 0) where the temp and stuff would usually show. After a while it goes away, sometimes it doesn't. Nothing really feels wrong with the car but what is it trying to tell me?

Any ideas or info would be great.

Thanks
renan_don18

Car: Subaru Liberty 2.5i
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=25830

Re: Clock/info display flashing "ign"

Postby Phoenixx » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:53 pm

Hey, I had this same problem. I would periodically get an IGN or an Err warning on the display. It is actually not an error code but there is a thing in the owners manual about it and after a lot of searching it is basically a fault with the clock unit. It will get worse and happen more often. Options basically are get a new unit from subaru (I was quoted about 600) find a used one from a wreckers and hope its good (I have seen them for varying prices between about $130-200) or you can pull the front off the clock and resolder some bits that come loose. Its a common problem.

I resoldered mine and it fixed the problem for a while but it started happening again about a month later. Luckily when i was in Japan i happen to find one in a scrap bin at up garage for 500 yen.
Adding power makes you faster on the straights, while subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=23475
Phoenixx

Car: MY04 Liberty 2.5i
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=23475

Re: Clock/info display flashing "ign"

Postby renan_don18 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:48 pm

Phoenixx wrote:Hey, I had this same problem. I would periodically get an IGN or an Err warning on the display. It is actually not an error code but there is a thing in the owners manual about it and after a lot of searching it is basically a fault with the clock unit. It will get worse and happen more often. Options basically are get a new unit from subaru (I was quoted about 600) find a used one from a wreckers and hope its good (I have seen them for varying prices between about $130-200) or you can pull the front off the clock and resolder some bits that come loose. Its a common problem.

I resoldered mine and it fixed the problem for a while but it started happening again about a month later. Luckily when i was in Japan i happen to find one in a scrap bin at up garage for 500 yen.

thanks for the info! I thought this was a lost cause already. yeah sometimes it keeps happening but sometimes its not. Ill see what i can do about soldering the bits. hopefully wont need to replace it but yeah, its becoming an older car so parts getting cheaper at the wreckers hopefully. cheers!
renan_don18

Car: Subaru Liberty 2.5i
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=25830

Return to 2.5i engine specific