Rear diff bushes

Posts specific to the 2.5 litre NA engine

Rear diff bushes

Postby minigoat » Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:21 pm

Hey guys,

So my car started getting a bit of a shudder to the back end under acceleration a few months ago, took it around to a few mechanics and they all said it was my rear driveshafts, took it in the get serviced where they said it was the diff bushes and not the driveshafts, charged me $600 for the service and said it would be another $600 to do the bushes... Soooo it didn't get done that day (the geniuses also put my tyre on backwards but thats a rant for another day :angry2: ).

My question is, does anybody have an idea of how long it would take to replace them and the best way to go about it? Been looking around online for any pointers and I can't spot any...

Cheers.
minigoat

Car: 2004 MY05 3.0R Spec B

Re: Rear diff bushes

Postby nvmylh » Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:08 pm

it'll take most of a day, longer if you aren't all that savvy with the tools or don't have a well equipped garage. whiteline bushes are a pain in the a55 to install but have worked well in my car so far (2003 outback). Some people have had success with filling the gaps in the rear diff bushes with 3M Window Weld, google that, fair bit of info!
nvmylh

Car: '08-H6-Wagon

Return to 2.5i engine specific