Engine Light and Cruise Control

Posts specific to the 2.5 litre NA engine

Engine Light and Cruise Control

Postby oldm8 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:49 am

Hey guys, just experiencing a bit of trouble my 06 safety pack. The last month or so the engine light has been coming on sporadically, along with the cruise control light flashing as well. I can't actually select cruise control while this is happening. This problem has come and gone over the last month, but it is only recently it has happened every trip. I had her in for a service on Tuesday, and let them know about the problem. They hooked it up to a diagnostic and managed to find "fault code C0109 - IG power supply voltage" which they then told me they were unable to delete. I was asked to arrange a new time to book my car in so they can have another, more in depth look. I was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem, or has seen this error code before prior to me throwing more money in the direction of mechanics. Any help would be appreciated, cheers.
oldm8

Re: Engine Light and Cruise Control

Postby SPT » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:51 am

I had the same thing happen to me, but it was a new O2 sensor that I needed. Got the new part and all was well.
SPT
formerly terrone89

Car: 08 Heritage Wagon

Re: Engine Light and Cruise Control

Postby brainy » Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:12 am

C0109 Power Voltage Malfunction.

Does your ABS light come on at all? Does ABS work when you have this issue?

what voltage is your battery at once you switch the car off? Have you checked all the battery terminals to ensure they are clean and have good contact?
MY08 Liberty GT Spec B
brainy

Car: MY08 Liberty GT Spec B

Return to 2.5i engine specific