Two issues CEL with code P0030 & rear wheel bearing grind

Posts specific to the 2.5 litre NA engine

Two issues CEL with code P0030 & rear wheel bearing grind

Postby seanylee93 » Sun May 11, 2014 1:40 pm

Hi everyone, first time post here so hopefully I've put this in the right area 8)

Over the last couple of weeks I've had a slight grinding in the left rear wheel when turning left, mechanic suggests wheel bearing. Would that be correct as it's only when the wheel is unloaded?
Also am I better off getting an oem part or not?

On a separate note, just yesterday I started the car and the cruise control started flashing. After the drive I got back in the car and started it to go home, this time the CEL was on as well as flashing cruise control :cry: . I got the code to display on the dash and came up as P0030. Car seems to run completely normal with the occasional sulphur smell if I do a bit of sprinted driving.

Any idea what would cause that code? Bad O2 sensor?

I did search a bit but thought I might get a better answer asking here.
seanylee93

Car: 2004 MY05 Subaru Liberty 2.5i

Re: Two issues CEL with code P0030 & rear wheel bearing grin

Postby d-chang » Mon May 12, 2014 9:29 am

Hey there!

Yep right on.. P0030 is an 02 sensor, bank 1 sensor 1.. Notorious if you have a preface. As far as I know, Garage88 have the updated 02 sensors.
Below car has been gone for quite some time now... blew bottom end bearing and dealership screwed me! Now driving 2008 WRX with ~65k kms on the clock. Only has cat back exhaust and tune by KiDo at the moment! More to come... but slowly!

Purchased recently (12/11/2013), already with: Stage 2 Pedders lowered springs, rear Whiteline sway bar, Advan Racing TCII 18x8 wheels, k&N pod filter, custom 3" exhaust system from turbo back with Magnaflow mufflers. ECUTEK tune of some sort (hopefully soon to be fixed)..... now FIXED!! Now KiDo Tuned!
Added: HID kit, EZ lip equivalents to the front and sides, and various LED treatments, oem boot spoiler, [LGT WRC] plates, GFB Respons BOV for extra Pssscchhh! --> Gone... I couldn't afford it's heart transplant... but keep a look out, as it will come back on sale soon!
d-chang
-stickered-

Car: MY05 Liberty GT
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=15749

Re: Two issues CEL with code P0030 & rear wheel bearing grin

Postby seanylee93 » Mon May 12, 2014 5:44 pm

I ended up bringing to my mechanic today to have a look, he discovered the O2 sensor itself was fine but the heater circuit had failed. Ended up getting it replaced as I didn't want to risk anything else going wrong while the CEL was displaying.. I'm not sure if he gave a reasonable price at $375 supplied and fitted ($100 labour), I know from the US the part is $140 plus postage.
Thanks for getting back to me on that though 8)

Is there any sellers here who do the rear hub assembly for a pre facelift liberty?
I'm not in a huge rush to get it done so I can order the part from someone here if there is a seller.
seanylee93

Car: 2004 MY05 Subaru Liberty 2.5i

Return to 2.5i engine specific