Electrical Problems MY04 2.5i

Posts specific to the 2.5 litre NA engine

Electrical Problems MY04 2.5i

Postby minigoat » Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:27 pm

Hey guys,

A few days ago some strange electrical bugs started raising their ugly little faces.

The first and most frustrating so far, is my power windows are not working, and the interior lock switch/central locking switch doesn't work either, I googled the issue and found the correct fuze, pulled it out, it looked ok, and after putting it back in, they worked for another day or so, but have since died. The fuze still looks ok, no idea what is going on there.

The second issue, is my driver side mirror indicator is extremely dim, it cannot be seen at all in the daylight, and only just visible at night. Still flashes correctly, just very dim.

And the last issue, is with my centre console... At completely random times, and with no warning, it will lose all power, both the head unit and climate control section, before immediately rebooting, and everything going back to normal, it might not happen for several hours, or it can happen as frequently as a half dozen times in 5 minutes.

I am completely stumped with all of these faults and any advice would be great.

Cheers, Luke.
minigoat

Car: 2004 MY05 3.0R Spec B

Re: Electrical Problems MY04 2.5i

Postby cooki_monsta » Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:26 pm

Have you checked both sets of fuses? There's one set within the cabin and another under the bonnet. It's worth checking your relays too. You probably should inspect and clean your earthing straps and points too. I dislike electrical issues. :(
Philips 4000 K Bulbs / Alpine ICS-X7 Mobile Media Station / Pioneer 2-Way Component Speakers and 2-Way Coaxial Speakers / Exedy Heavy Duty Clutch with Single Mass Flywheel / XForce Mufflers / Tein Street Flex Coil-Overs / Subaru 17x8J +53 mm Wheels with 235/40R17 Dunlop SP Sport 01 Tires / Cusco Rear Sway Bar, End Links, and Brackets / DBA T2 Brake Rotors / Project Mu NS Brake Pads

http://web.stagram.com/n/cooki_monsta/
cooki_monsta

Car: MY05 BL9 > MY08 Z33
Profile URL: http://web.stagram.com/n/cooki_monsta/

Return to 2.5i engine specific