CEL/Cruise Light - Code P0032 - Car running rough above 4k

Posts specific to the 2.5 litre NA engine

CEL/Cruise Light - Code P0032 - Car running rough above 4k

Postby 08_adaml » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:00 pm

Hi all.

Have an issue with my subaru 2.5 manual, 4/2004 model. It has been displaying the CEL light and blinking cruise control light for some time now. The car accelerates fine until about 3500rpm when it feels like its missing. I replaced the spark plugs, leads and coil pack to still have no luclk with the missing side of things. I have cleared the code only for it to reappear less than 1km down the road. The code showing is P0032 - Heater Control Circuit High (Bank 1, Sen 1). I am assuming that it could be an oxygen sensor now, but got quoted $450 from an aftermarket supplier (supply only)!!!

Just wondering if anyone knows where i can get a cheap one from, that is compatible with my car!?? Could an oxygen sensor really have such an impact with my car running like a dog (missing under load and over 3500rpm)?? Fuel consumption is still fine, getting 600kms to a tank.

Ps i should also note, the code was displayed even before i had a new engine put into this car, and it is still there!!
08_adaml

Car: my07 Lilberty GT 6spd

Re: CEL/Cruise Light - Code P0032 - Car running rough above

Postby SeanSpencer » Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:29 pm

hey mate did you ever find a answer to this as the same is happening to my car.
SeanSpencer

Car: 2006 Subaru liberty Gen 4 Wagon

Re: CEL/Cruise Light - Code P0032 - Car running rough above

Postby Miggy » Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:26 pm

Hey mate, the P0032 heater circuit error refers to the front oxygen sensor (easily accessible from up) and some aftermarket sensors do work (subies don't use generic) , but I replaced mine with an oem Denso sensor off ebay ($200). The cruise control blinking is just a safety thing due to burnt out heater circuit. It actually shouldn't affect performance really when engine is warm as the heater is just to start heating the sensor when you first start the engine. Just swap out the front sensor with an oxygen sensor wrench and you should be good to go!
Ps. How do you get 600 to a tank? Had my libby for a year and max is ~450kms. :roll:
Miggy

Car: Liberty 2.5i MY06 5MT

Return to 2.5i engine specific