Upper engine cleaner Subaru Liberty 2.5L which hose to pull?

Posts specific to the 2.5 litre NA engine

Re: Upper engine cleaner Subaru Liberty 2.5L which hose to p

Postby bigBADbenny » Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:33 pm

Lotta good info here lol. :good:
I’m in the process of parking all the notes I’ve been keeping on lib specific issues as well.
One good reason is I have a tendency to forget various gems of info that are issue or model specific.
We have a 2.5i to go with our 2.5t, and I’m in training for an H6 :P :kiss:
bigBADbenny

Car: MY07 GT-B 6MT OBP Wagon
Profile URL: http://tinyurl.com/agvbzop

Postby subyroo » Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:15 am

bigBADbenny wrote:Lotta good info here lol. :good:
One good reason is I have a tendency to forget various gems of info that are issue or model specific.

I can't disagree with the above Ben. :good:

When you say "I’m in the process of parking all the notes I’ve been keeping on lib specific issues as well."
Do you mean that you are making copies or saving links to those issues that are relevant to your vehicle/s?

A lot of info - tips and ideas disappear from the net as links etc get broken or sites close down in favor of FB etc.
Pedro

2021 Honda HR-V VTi-S
MY03 XS Forester (owned for 13yrs.)
Man blames fate for other accidents but feels personally responsible for a hole in one.
subyroo

Car: 2021 Honda HRV VTi-S

Postby bigBADbenny » Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:55 am

I think I’ve had and overcome every 2.5t issue imaginable apart from head gaskets and engine self destruction, although the PO was doing their best regardless.

I’ve dealt with all the minor stuff, successfully avoided the big stuff through research, moderation and luck.

Since everyone suffers similar issues as the mileage piles on, the same old questions keep getting asked.

So rather than post whatever I remember about solutions, I decided a few years ago to keep notes in faq form, and just keep adding info as I learn new aspects related to old issues.

I mean I was re-reading my old posts when I was just out of n00b mode, and I’m like, wtf? Is that actually me speaking? I’d completely forgotten things I’d thoroughly researched years ago! :P

Its practically a book of chapters now. :good:

The avcs diagnosis post is an absolute MONSTER and there’s still stuff to add !!!
bigBADbenny

Car: MY07 GT-B 6MT OBP Wagon
Profile URL: http://tinyurl.com/agvbzop

Previous

Return to 2.5i engine specific