Liberty Center Console/Door Lining

Posts specific to the 2.5 litre NA engine

Liberty Center Console/Door Lining

Postby lachy987 » Sat May 18, 2013 7:04 pm

Hey guys, just a quick question for all of you. I have had a problem with my center console lid, it looks like it has started to break down, and actually has large wrinkles and warps over it. It is really annoying me because i don't know how this has happened and I wonder if anyone else out there has had the same problem!? Even a couple of sections on the door arm rest section have some minor wrinkles! :angry2:

If anyone can point me in the right direction so I can replace it, and or the cause, it would be greatly appreciated. It's just annoying me and it's such a cheap part that I want fixed!

Thanks guys. :D
Attachments
photo-1.JPG
photo-1.JPG (139.64 KiB) Viewed 1632 times
lachy987

Car: Subary Liberty MY08 2.5

Re: Liberty Center Console/Door Lining

Postby seanmau5 » Sat May 18, 2013 7:08 pm

My centre console lid is fine, but my drivers side door card has very minor 'wrinkling' at the top. So minor that I'm not concerned about it, but your lid would annoy me!! Search 'wrecking liberty' or 'wrecking outback' on eBay and you'll get a heap of matches.

I'm pretty sure the centre console in the Liberty and Outback are identical.
~ Team VW ~ Das Auto ~
seanmau5
-stickered-

Car: 2009 Volkswagen Passat CC V6
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13255

Postby Joshy » Sat May 18, 2013 10:35 pm

Hey man,

you can get a cover from these guys?

http://www.redlinegoods.com/

http://www.redlinegoods.com/Legacy05shiftboot.php

scroll a bit
Current: MY02 Gen 3 RX in White
Previous: MY06 Gen 4 2.0R in Newport Blue
Joshy

Car: MY02 Gen 3 RX in White
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=22876

Postby Turbo Lag » Sun May 19, 2013 1:30 am

lachy987 wrote:Hey guys, just a quick question for all of you. I have had a problem with my center console lid, it looks like it has started to break down, and actually has large wrinkles and warps over it. It is really annoying me because i don't know how this has happened and I wonder if anyone else out there has had the same problem!? Even a couple of sections on the door arm rest section have some minor wrinkles! :angry2:

My MY08 has had exactly the same problem. It was like that when we bought it as well. Arm rest section also has a tiny bit but not really noticable at all. I don't think I'll bother replacing it anyway, since my parents use that car and don't seem to care about it at all.
'04 Subaru Liberty 2.5i Safety Pack Sedan 5MT & '08 Subaru Liberty GT-B Tuned by STI Wagon 6MT & '00 Toyota Altezza RS200-Z 6MT & '96 Honda CBR250RR MC22
Turbo Lag

Car: 04 2.5i & 08 TBSTI & Altezza
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=36287

Return to 2.5i engine specific