6 Months/ 12,500km Service

Posts specific to the 2.5 litre NA engine

6 Months/ 12,500km Service

Postby Gen5is » Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:24 pm

Hey guys,

Just got the car serviced today at Chatswood Subaru. I can say i received great service, got a free lift to work and back to the dealership, friendly staff, and i guess the cost was reasonable. Although a bit lacking on the service wash, left dirty water residue on the windows and oil streaks as if someone dried it off with an oily towel and oily finger marks on the bonnet near the hood latch.

Parts used;
Oil Filter
Gasket(im guessing the gasket for the oil filter?)
Upper engine cleaner
30ml Screen wash(car wash?)
2 Fuel additives
Semi Synthetic oil 10w30

I was told with the extra bottle of fuel additive it should be used in 3 months time on a full tank of 98, is this necessary? or another scheme to make some extra dough?

Came to a total of $318
Gen5is

Car: MY12 Subaru Liberty 2.5i Wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=22586

Re: 6 Months/ 12,500km Service

Postby cooki_monsta » Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:11 pm

Gen5is wrote:Hey guys,

Just got the car serviced today at Chatswood Subaru. I can say i received great service, got a free lift to work and back to the dealership, friendly staff, and i guess the cost was reasonable. Although a bit lacking on the service wash, left dirty water residue on the windows and oil streaks as if someone dried it off with an oily towel and oily finger marks on the bonnet near the hood latch.

Parts used;
Oil Filter
Upper engine cleaner
2 Fuel additives
Semi Synthetic oil 10w30

I was told with the extra bottle of fuel additive it should be used in 3 months time on a full tank of 98, is this necessary? or another scheme to make some extra dough?

Came to a total of $318

That's expensive. A JDM oil filter is about $20, windscreen wash concentrate is no more than $5 and fully synthetic oil is about $50. You don't really need fuel additives and even then, a bottle of fuel injector cleaner additive is only about $10. It only takes an hour to change the oil too. If you DIY the next two oil services then you'll save enough for a DA polishing tool, polishing pads, polishing compounds, ratchet set etc. :D
Philips 4000 K Bulbs / Alpine ICS-X7 Mobile Media Station / Pioneer 2-Way Component Speakers and 2-Way Coaxial Speakers / Exedy Heavy Duty Clutch with Single Mass Flywheel / XForce Mufflers / Tein Street Flex Coil-Overs / Subaru 17x8J +53 mm Wheels with 235/40R17 Dunlop SP Sport 01 Tires / Cusco Rear Sway Bar, End Links, and Brackets / DBA T2 Brake Rotors / Project Mu NS Brake Pads

http://web.stagram.com/n/cooki_monsta/
cooki_monsta

Car: MY05 BL9 > MY08 Z33
Profile URL: http://web.stagram.com/n/cooki_monsta/

Postby Gen5is » Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:23 pm

cooki_monsta wrote:

Parts used;
Oil Filter
Upper engine cleaner
2 Fuel additives
Semi Synthetic oil 10w30

Came to a total of $318

That's expensive. A JDM oil filter is about $20, windscreen wash concentrate is no more than $5 and fully synthetic oil is about $50. You don't really need fuel additives and even then, a bottle of fuel injector cleaner additive is only about $10. It only takes an hour to change the oil too. If you DIY the next two oil services then you'll save enough for a DA polishing tool, polishing pads, polishing compounds, ratchet set etc. :D

Oh yeah, parts were not over priced at all, most of it was labour charges anyway and some stupid environmental levy fee bs. Oil filter was $16, 30ml windscreen wash was like $4, oil was $62, fuel additive was $15 each.
Gen5is

Car: MY12 Subaru Liberty 2.5i Wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=22586

Postby alessandro132 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:07 pm

Subaru North Shore are actually good based off my experience (that's where youngy69 works).

I ended up taking my car there for a new speed sensor after mine got damaged getting a wheel alignment (another story). Ended up costing me around $400 ($300 for the part or something, got it at cost), plus got a free lift to Chatswood Station and they washed my car :mrgreen: They're a bit pricey labour-wise but hey they've got bigger overheads than your local mechanic does.

It pays to know someone who works there :wink:
TEAM TOYOTA | TEAM HKS

Cusco, HPI, HKS, and a few other bits...
alessandro132
-stickered-

Car: 2000 JZX100 Toyota Chaser Tourer V
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16914

Postby cooki_monsta » Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:57 pm

Gen5is wrote:
cooki_monsta wrote:

Parts used;
Oil Filter
Upper engine cleaner
2 Fuel additives
Semi Synthetic oil 10w30

Came to a total of $318

Oh yeah, parts were not over priced at all, most of it was labour charges anyway and some stupid environmental levy fee bs. Oil filter was $16, 30ml windscreen wash was like $4, oil was $62, fuel additive was $15 each.

If only you lived in Melbourne, I'd charge you $80 for labour for a Saturday morning oil service :P

That's half price if you include the parts. The upper engine cleaner doesn't need to be done at every service interval and I'd be using a fully synthetic oil instead. I don't bother with fuel additives really.
Philips 4000 K Bulbs / Alpine ICS-X7 Mobile Media Station / Pioneer 2-Way Component Speakers and 2-Way Coaxial Speakers / Exedy Heavy Duty Clutch with Single Mass Flywheel / XForce Mufflers / Tein Street Flex Coil-Overs / Subaru 17x8J +53 mm Wheels with 235/40R17 Dunlop SP Sport 01 Tires / Cusco Rear Sway Bar, End Links, and Brackets / DBA T2 Brake Rotors / Project Mu NS Brake Pads

http://web.stagram.com/n/cooki_monsta/
cooki_monsta

Car: MY05 BL9 > MY08 Z33
Profile URL: http://web.stagram.com/n/cooki_monsta/

Return to 2.5i engine specific