EJ25 NA intermittent warm start issue

Posts specific to the 2.5 litre NA engine

EJ25 NA intermittent warm start issue

Postby Mooti » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:05 pm

Hey all, first time forum post and its a bit of a odd one since the problems a bit weird so ill get right into it.

Been driving a Gen 3 liberty NA EJ25 for almost 6 months now with about 300k kms on it and it has no trouble starting cold however if its warmed up and stopped and left to cool for say 5-10 mins it wont start no matter what. I've tried cranking for 1-2 seconds, 5-8 seconds and also tried half and full throttle as per manual instructions. The only thing that seems to work is waiting another couple of minutes and then itll take.

It seems odd that cold starting is not an issue and if it was flooded, the technique in the manual of full throttle while cranking doesnt help.

I suppose the question is, has anyone had a similar issue or heard about something similar? From the small amount of research ive done, i dont think its an IACV problem but i stand to be corrected.

Thanks in advance for the help,
Mooti
Mooti

Car: 2003 Gen 3 Liberty 2.5 NA

Re: EJ25 NA intermittent warm start issue

Postby bigBADbenny » Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:29 pm

You’re not alone with this issue:
https://www.google.com.au/search?biw=32 ... I0sm5xX6Ww

I see similar issues in the search results, let me know if you’re still struggling, I’ll delve deeper :)
bigBADbenny

Car: MY07 GT-B 6MT OBP Wagon
Profile URL: http://tinyurl.com/agvbzop

Re: EJ25 NA intermittent warm start issue

Postby Mooti » Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:31 pm

Thanks for the reply benny,
Similar issue to some of the other posts, changing the fuel pump, spark plugs and using upper engine, throttle body air intake, as well as injector cleaner has made no difference.
It happens so infrequently and i know it will start eventually when it does happen, so i guess its not that big a deal just annoying not knowing why, i suppose its just an added feature :lol:
Cheers mate
Mooti

Car: 2003 Gen 3 Liberty 2.5 NA

Return to 2.5i engine specific