Weird Acceleration

Posts specific to the 2.0 litre NA engine

Re: Weird Acceleration

Postby KF1995 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:35 pm

dmh87 wrote:Leave the key out

Also, The past couple of times i have gone to drive it, it wont start for a while is this because the software is still repairing after resetting it ?
KF1995

Car: 07 sti liberty wagon

Postby dmh87 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:30 am

KF1995 wrote:Mine is running better after resetting the battery myself but the laggyness in acceleration is still there. I have done the software update about 5 times before and it only fixes it for a few days then goes back to the same thing. When i save a bit more money im going to get it tuned by KiDo so hopefully that fixes it as the factory ECU for the 2.0r is not very good.

Is the laggyness you're talking about an lag or the feel of reduced in power roughly between 2000rpm and 3000rpm?
How did you manage to do it 5 times? I only did once, drove conservatively and got a full tank of reliable fuel and has been pretty well since then.
If your car is a 2.0R, most like it's got the Hitachi ECU as opposed to the 2.5i with the Denso ECU. You can check to confirm, it's behind the carpet underneath the glove box on the passenger side. Hitachi ECU's are shit and so far confirmed by a few professional tuners that they're not tuneable. I've also wanted to get it tuned :(

KF1995 wrote:
dmh87 wrote:Leave the key out

Also, The past couple of times i have gone to drive it, it wont start for a while is this because the software is still repairing after resetting it ?

From memory, if it's after you have done the battery reset, it might take a few times to crank it over, I can't quite remember why and don't want to tell you the wrong information, maybe someone can fill me in here?
Otherwise it might just be your battery.
dmh87
-stickered-

Postby TimN » Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:22 pm

OP have you seen 'engine hesitation' thread with about 7 pages...
Ive had similar issues to what you describe, thought I was alone til I came on here. Its only an intermittent issue, usually goes back to normal in a day or two. The mechanics say nothings wrong and its a very well kept example. Hmm....
TimN

Car: Gen IV Old-face NT

Postby Yourfather » Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:35 am

Hi everyone, I'm from Singapore and do own the 2007 Subaru Legacy 2.0r which your country calls it Liberty.

I'm registering to inform u all that it has been solved in my car with regards to this issue.

The problem continues after so many parts that was thrown at it and it didn't worked, it turns out to be the knock sensor that is the problem- over sensitive to be exact.

There are 2 solutions to it:

1) buy a new knock sensor as a replacement. Replacing it will be tricky as there is a certain way the knock sensor must be aligned or it will cause premature wear.

2) this is the route I took. Unscrew the knock sensor and zip tie it somewhere in the engine and be sure it's not going to knock anything. Problem solved as long as you don't pump any fuel below ron95.

I know the 2) solution might sound crazy but in Singapore I pump ron98 anyways and it the engine were to knock, it most likely wouldn't be due to fuel. Knocking would affect turbo charged cars more than a NA car anyway.

So there it is, my solution and hopefully yours.
Yourfather

Previous

Return to 2.0R engine specific