n/a modifications

Posts specific to the 2.0 litre NA engine

n/a modifications

Postby 1snap1 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:18 am

hello all,

everybody please hit me up with effective power upgrades but keeping it n/a, what do people think i should get??? and since my cars n/a, does any1 think supercharging my car would be good/different/possible etc.

like are there any aftermaket ecus for N/A motors to rev out more consume more fuel work harder anything lyk that??

ive got a friend who got an aftermarket ecu but on his sr20 n/a so yea was hoping similar things could maybe be done to my car.

well any suggestions or answers would be great.

thanks every1..
i want fog lights lol
1snap1

Postby Tiu » Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:17 am

hi there.
at the moment, i own a 06 liberty. i'm also doing the same similar to you in keeping the car NA. Because i want something that's stand out and special.

at the moment, i haven't looked into ecu yet tho :cry:

i have a 柿本改 Kakimoto Racing, Regu.06&R exhaust, and phatt racing cold air intake. i have a zero sport intake pipe, phatt racing intake chamber coming on its way from japan as we speak now.

for handling side, i have just ordered a set of swift springs, planning to mate it with the bilstein damper and see how it goes.

with the car at the moment, i feel the car's rev climb is quite slow, so i do plan later on, at some point, i will get lighten flywheel and shorter final drive to bring the acceleration up a bit.
Tiu

Postby overl0ad » Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:13 pm

i WAS going to get my NA tuned. then i sold it...

i know you can tune the stock ECU
tangcla wrote:I didn't have to. I have girly Asian hands :lol:
overl0ad

Car: MY07 GTB 6MT *sold*

Postby Tiu » Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:59 pm

overl0ad wrote:i WAS going to get my NA tuned. then i sold it...

i know you can tune the stock ECU

what do you mean tune stock ecu? explain more pls, quite interested.
Tiu

Postby overl0ad » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:48 pm

ok stat from the top. generally if subaru suspect that you've been playing with the factory ECU, they try to do a flash to it. as in upload a base map or a map with subaru updates. if the update fails, they know you've been playing with the maps with something like ecutek (cos ecutek puts a block on all read/writes to the ECU if you're not using ecutek software)

there are people out there who can tap into the stock ecu, tune it, but leave no trace/block. so if subaru tried to do an update. subaru still can.

what can you do with a stock ECU? adjust timings, fuel and some other stuff.

i'm not saying that you should be it, but it's an option that i was considering before i sold my car.
tangcla wrote:I didn't have to. I have girly Asian hands :lol:
overl0ad

Car: MY07 GTB 6MT *sold*

Postby Tiu » Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:04 am

except from ecutek, are there anything out there for the NA liberty? is there any plug n play ecu from Japan?

I'm running a mugen N1 ecu on my integra type R, so there are no hassle with tuning and it is great with just i/h/e bolt on parts. So i was thinking of doing the same thing with my liberty :wink: is there any tuner in japan that mods a NA legacy?

overl0ad wrote:ok stat from the top. generally if subaru suspect that you've been playing with the factory ECU, they try to do a flash to it. as in upload a base map or a map with subaru updates. if the update fails, they know you've been playing with the maps with something like ecutek (cos ecutek puts a block on all read/writes to the ECU if you're not using ecutek software)

there are people out there who can tap into the stock ecu, tune it, but leave no trace/block. so if subaru tried to do an update. subaru still can.

what can you do with a stock ECU? adjust timings, fuel and some other stuff.

i'm not saying that you should be it, but it's an option that i was considering before i sold my car.
Tiu

Postby Subie Boy » Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:12 pm

forced induction.... :o
MY11 MERCEDES E350 COUPE AVANTGARDE
MY12 MASERATI GRAN TURISMO SPORT
MY98 BMW 850ci
Subie Boy

Return to 2.0R engine specific