P2441 Secondary Air Injection System Switching-Valve Stuck C

Posts specific to the 2.0 litre NA engine

P2441 Secondary Air Injection System Switching-Valve Stuck C

Postby LEG45Y » Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:22 pm

Can anyone help me with this one???

P2441 Secondary Air Injection System Switching-Valve Stuck Closed Bank 1 on a na subaru liberty 06
2.0R
LEG45Y

Re: P2441 Secondary Air Injection System Switching-Valve Stu

Postby bigBADbenny » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:21 pm

The valves can be freed up with wd40 or maybe UEC.
If that doesn't work and if your ecu is not a hitachi iirc, ask Matt (kido, ThrottleHappy tune) for a tune quote which will include that cel delete, and research inserting 28mm welsh plugs into the hose after the airpump to contain exhaust reversion.
Let me know if you need more help researching the fix (eg google).
bigBADbenny

Car: MY07 GT-B 6MT OBP Wagon
Profile URL: http://tinyurl.com/agvbzop

Postby LEG45Y » Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:15 am

bigBADbenny wrote:The valves can be freed up with wd40 or maybe UEC.
If that doesn't work and if your ecu is not a hitachi iirc, ask Matt (kido, ThrottleHappy tune) for a tune quote which will include that cel delete, and research inserting 28mm welsh plugs into the hose after the airpump to contain exhaust reversion.
Let me know if you need more help researching the fix (eg google).

Am considering essentially this

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.p ... 40259.html

Dealing with a NA.
LEG45Y

Postby MMAus » Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:44 pm

Hi,
I've got this exact issue: P2441. Secondary air injection system switching valve stuck closed (bank 1). The cars mileage is currently at about 132k. Bought car 2nd hand but service history/log book has stamps entered every six months from '06 to '14 and mechanics invoices for servicing yearly thereafter. I could see that the spark plugs haven't been replaced yet so thought that this might need doing sooner rather than later.
Anyway, the check engine light has been coming on every week or so. Sometimes it'll be ages before it comes on after resetting CEL, sometimes it'll come on within a couple of days. I could get the issue repaired but i only just bought the car and got quoted $4500-$5000 by a mechanic - which is almost the amount i paid for the bloody car!
I've also been told to only use bp 98 octane and that it's a non issue by another mechanic. I've been told to soak the offending secondary air valve in carbon cleaner too.
Can anyone advise whether this is a good idea? If so should i remove the thing entirely (which looks hard since it's behind a bunch of stuff) or can i just remove the hose and spray inside? If anyone has a link to a YouTube video showing how to clean it that'd also be handy. Cheers
MMAus

Return to 2.0R engine specific