2.0r Newbie With Lowering Question

Posts specific to the 2.0 litre NA engine

2.0r Newbie With Lowering Question

Postby Rosadi » Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:24 pm

Hey guys, My names Daniel and have just thrown a set of 19s on my liberty. The moment the wheels were fitted i realised i needed to lower it. My question goes to anyone out there, how low is too low? i don't want to have to do the whole driving at angles to go over speed humps. I just want it to sit a lot nicer then it does. Looks like a 4wd...
Also the guy told me 450 for king springs. i know nothing about springs but mates iv'e asked have said king springs are crap? any help would be appreciated :)

P.S This is a kick ass site!
Rosadi

Postby Subie Boy » Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:40 pm

Get K-Sport coilovers man....they are working well with my car!!
MY11 MERCEDES E350 COUPE AVANTGARDE
MY12 MASERATI GRAN TURISMO SPORT
MY98 BMW 850ci
Subie Boy

Postby Rosadi » Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:43 pm

Thanks for the quick reply mate, if you don't mind me asking what did they set you back? also do you have a pic of how your car sits?
Rosadi

Postby Arith » Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:52 am

Welcome Daniel! Hope you find this forum useful for all your needs. Ok, first questions first. What is your budget?

2nd question: how picky are you with your ride height? Don't car as long as it's lower than stock? Or are you very specific about how much fender gap you are able to tolerate?

But you're probably looking at 15mm-20mm of lowering max, if you don't want to do the angle thing over speedbumps and driveways. Even then you'll have to at least go slow, if not at an angle, over some of the larger obstacles.

Anyway, go and measure how much gap you'd like to get rid of before you are happy with how your car looks with 19's. See if that matches the max you can go before having to worry about driving it over things.

Oh, and buy a club t-shirt! That will increase your Liberty's power by at least 30 kw.

[ Former Liberty ... Slightly Modified -> Click
here for modifications & profile ]
Arith
-stickered-

Car: MY11 Volvo S60 T6

Postby 04GT » Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:56 am

Slam it low, i mean real low
- GAZ Automotive -
- HKS Panel Filter, STi Radiator Cap, STi strut brace -
04GT

Postby Subie Boy » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:06 am

Rosadi wrote:Thanks for the quick reply mate, if you don't mind me asking what did they set you back? also do you have a pic of how your car sits?

They set me back about $1600 installed and pm me your email and I will send you pics
MY11 MERCEDES E350 COUPE AVANTGARDE
MY12 MASERATI GRAN TURISMO SPORT
MY98 BMW 850ci
Subie Boy

Postby 04GT » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:42 am

Talking about coilovers, anyone have experienced D2 or G4 coilovers? If so, let me know how they go, just deciding whether i want to go all out on a decent set which i'm probably not gonna use it on track or just buy some D2s and slam it
- GAZ Automotive -
- HKS Panel Filter, STi Radiator Cap, STi strut brace -
04GT

Postby Rosadi » Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:03 am

Hi Arith, thanks for the welcoming...Um don't want to go overbored, say baybe 600-700 bucks...more concerend with the look, as for the ride itself, i can handle a few bumps, just don't want to be inconvenienced by it or worry about driving up an down the average driveway..
Rosadi

Postby sooobi » Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:30 am

04GT wrote:Talking about coilovers, anyone have experienced D2 or G4 coilovers? If so, let me know how they go, just deciding whether i want to go all out on a decent set which i'm probably not gonna use it on track or just buy some D2s and slam it

You have 186 posts here and you don't know that those brands are not well regarded? Unless you want to replace them every year or so..

Rosadi wrote:Hi Arith, thanks for the welcoming...Um don't want to go overbored, say baybe 600-700 bucks...more concerend with the look, as for the ride itself, i can handle a few bumps, just don't want to be inconvenienced by it or worry about driving up an down the average driveway..

Dude.. read some of the forums.. You can't say, oh, I'm going to budget for $700 coil-overs. They would be soooo shlt.. You're only real (sensible) option is changing just the springs..

It's an extremely common question. The guys here all like $$$ brand names like TEIN etc, and yeah, they are sweet.. but really, for your car, why spend $$$ when you can get a set of second hand STI springs for sweet FA and achieve the same result?

Like I said, read some of the forums, it's not yahoo answers.

Kings should be around $350 fitted. They are very harsh on your bumpstops.

Enjoy the site.
Gen1, Gen2, Gen3, Gen4.. No mods, honest...
sooobi

Car: my05mt GT b.spec no neons
Profile URL: http://forum.liberty.asn.au

Return to 2.0R engine specific