1992 Liberty Wagon engine questions

Posts specific to the 2.0 litre NA engine

1992 Liberty Wagon engine questions

Postby trev007 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:37 pm

Hi All,

Ive done some research on the net but not much luck re two questions I have for my 92 Liberty wagon. Recently when I put it in park sometimes it will idle then rev up a bit and drop back to an idle, the engine check light comes on. It dosent happen all the time and if i put it into drive, it just idles normally. The other question is when I`m accelerating I get a sound like fluid rushing around and comes from the gear stick area. No problems in driving or gear changing, just a weird swooshing noise.

Its a standard Liberty auto, no turbo.

Appreciate any assistance.

Thanks Trevor
trev007

Car: 92 Liberty Wagon

Re: 1992 Liberty Wagon engine questions

Postby Dropz » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:26 pm

The fluid rush would probably be coolant rush. If you listen closer does it sound maybe behind the dash/glovebox area?
This is caused by air in the cooling system, often caused by a blown headgasket, but can also occur from another coolant leak or coolant loss issue.

To diagnose the check engine code you will need a workshop to plug in a scan tool suitable for the old libertys and read what code is causing the light to come on. It may be related to the IACV or something along those lines.
Built not bought, it's a way of life.
Dropz

Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17921

Postby trev007 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:43 pm

Thanks mate I appreciate the reply. The old girl had a recon 12 months ago and runs like a dream so can't imagine its too much, maybe time to drop into the dealer..
trev007

Car: 92 Liberty Wagon

Postby Deep Heat » Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:38 am

Has the noise been there since the recon?
Jack_Keaka wrote: I like my women like subarus, box explodes and does a head easily.
Deep Heat
formerly Twinkle

Return to 2.0R engine specific