Engine hesitation/flat spot (Liberty 2.0R)

Posts specific to the 2.0 litre NA engine

Re: Engine hesitation/flat spot (Liberty 2.0R)

Postby PinkK » Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:10 am

ha ha I understand a few under the weather myself ;) I mean I have asked for a quote and they are VERY reasonable check out Bryce's (KiDo)'s treads I believe they are heading to brissy soon :)
PinkK
-stickered-

Car: MY08 Liberty GT Spec. B Wagon

Postby Kormoran » Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:02 am

I shot through a message so we'll see how we go, it is tax time after all ;)

PS;
This forum is addictive! Im trying to watch a movie but i find i miss big chunks cos Im stuck reading posts or checking out awesome car pics on here :)
Kormoran

Car: MY06 Liberty 2.0R 5MT
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17776

Postby jslayz » Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:57 am

hehe welcome to the lib addiction :-)
CURRENT - ATP GTX 3576 - 22psi - 283.7awkw
OLD - Dom 1.5Xtr - Last dyno 254ahkw, previous 238ahkw, first 224awkw.
My journey thread: http://forum.liberty.asn.au/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15523
My Lib Pics here: http://forum.liberty.asn.au/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15523&start=570#p370656
jslayz

Car: 2005 Liberty GT Wagon

Postby KiDo_Tuning » Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:45 am

Kormoran wrote:Sending through an email as I type this, see what the damage will be.
I'm tempted to get an exhaust/extractors though (If its worth putting extractors on a 2.0R) will it need a re-tune if i do?

Ill just note too, I still haven't had a problem since changing to BP Ultimate.

Catback exhaust or extractors will give some decent gains in power :)

Smoother power, improved fuel economy(often the fuel economy savings will pay for the tune within 3 months!)
KiDo Racing Tunes Info: HERE

Great minds discuss ideas;
Average minds discuss events;
Small minds discuss people
KiDo_Tuning

Car: Subarus + Nissans

Postby Kormoran » Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:54 pm

Xforce 2.25" catback, are they quality? :D

It looks pretty sweet!
Kormoran

Postby d-chang » Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:41 pm

Kormoran wrote:Xforce 2.25" catback, are they quality? :D

It looks pretty sweet!

I have an XForce 2.25 system on my car, check out my profile to find out more :D I also need to update it, haven't done so in a while..
Below car has been gone for quite some time now... blew bottom end bearing and dealership screwed me! Now driving 2008 WRX with ~65k kms on the clock. Only has cat back exhaust and tune by KiDo at the moment! More to come... but slowly!

Purchased recently (12/11/2013), already with: Stage 2 Pedders lowered springs, rear Whiteline sway bar, Advan Racing TCII 18x8 wheels, k&N pod filter, custom 3" exhaust system from turbo back with Magnaflow mufflers. ECUTEK tune of some sort (hopefully soon to be fixed)..... now FIXED!! Now KiDo Tuned!
Added: HID kit, EZ lip equivalents to the front and sides, and various LED treatments, oem boot spoiler, [LGT WRC] plates, GFB Respons BOV for extra Pssscchhh! --> Gone... I couldn't afford it's heart transplant... but keep a look out, as it will come back on sale soon!
d-chang
-stickered-

Car: MY05 Liberty GT
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=15749

Postby Kormoran » Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:44 pm

Oh sweet what's the damage on one? (I sent them an email anyway)

I literally just checked my bank and the tax office was quite generous this year so some of that is exhaust & tune!
And how do they sound of course? :D
Kormoran

Postby d-chang » Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:06 pm

Kormoran wrote:Oh sweet what's the damage on one? (I sent them an email anyway)

I literally just checked my bank and the tax office was quite generous this year so some of that is exhaust & tune!

Yeah it set me back a bit, mainly because it is entirely out of stainless steel, but if you read my thread, I ran into a few issues with the cats and resonators. So those are still factory, but from that back is stainless steel goodness! :D How does it sound you ask, on idle you can hardly hear it, just a small purr. But once the revs rise, I have had some people give me a double take because they don't expect a growl out of a Liberty that is not a GT! It's brilliant!
Below car has been gone for quite some time now... blew bottom end bearing and dealership screwed me! Now driving 2008 WRX with ~65k kms on the clock. Only has cat back exhaust and tune by KiDo at the moment! More to come... but slowly!

Purchased recently (12/11/2013), already with: Stage 2 Pedders lowered springs, rear Whiteline sway bar, Advan Racing TCII 18x8 wheels, k&N pod filter, custom 3" exhaust system from turbo back with Magnaflow mufflers. ECUTEK tune of some sort (hopefully soon to be fixed)..... now FIXED!! Now KiDo Tuned!
Added: HID kit, EZ lip equivalents to the front and sides, and various LED treatments, oem boot spoiler, [LGT WRC] plates, GFB Respons BOV for extra Pssscchhh! --> Gone... I couldn't afford it's heart transplant... but keep a look out, as it will come back on sale soon!
d-chang
-stickered-

Postby d-chang » Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:10 pm

d-chang wrote:
Kormoran wrote:Oh sweet what's the damage on one? (I sent them an email anyway)

Yeah it set me back a bit, mainly because it is entirely out of stainless steel, but if you read my thread, I ran into a few issues with the cats and resonators. So those are still factory, but from that back is stainless steel goodness! :D How does it sound you ask, on idle you can hardly hear it, just a small purr. But once the revs rise, I have had some people give me a double take because they don't expect a growl out of a Liberty that is not a GT! It's brilliant!

After all that... didn't say the price... it cost me $1050 fitted.. :?

d-chang
-stickered-

Postby Kormoran » Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:13 pm

After all that... didn't say the price... it cost me $1050 fitted..

Not too bad I guess. We'll see what happens, i admit looking at it on your car I want it even more though so i may fork out the $$$$ :P
Kormoran

Postby Kormoran » Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:19 pm

Was looking and found this;

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/lurnea/o ... 1003723699

He's saying it's for 2.0i... but don't they have a single exhaust?

Edit;

Found this too, is this decent?

http://www.bestmufflers.com/bshop/produ ... 664d787ff5

RE EDIT lol;

http://www.mufflerstothemax.com/shop-by ... -2004-2009

FOUND THIS, and it's in Ashmore. Leaning towards option 3 :P
Kormoran

Postby d-chang » Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:26 pm

Kormoran wrote:Was looking and found this;

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/lurnea/o ... 1003723699

He's saying it's for 2.0i... but don't they have a single exhaust?

Edit;

Found this too, is this decent?

http://www.bestmufflers.com/bshop/produ ... 664d787ff5

RE EDIT lol;

http://www.mufflerstothemax.com/shop-by ... -2004-2009

FOUND THIS, and it's in Ashmore. Leaning towards option 3 :P

Ooohhh I really like the first link!! The angle cut exhaust tips look soooo sleek! $450 is not too bad! In regards to the 2.0i, in the 04-06 models they were single exhaust, but in the 07-08 they were dual.

The second link you posted is the same one as mine. :D

d-chang
-stickered-

Postby Kormoran » Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:39 pm

Oh I thought they stopped producing the 2.0i in 05/06 when they went to the 2.0R?

Going to do some shopping around on Monday, will let you know how things go!
Kormoran

Postby Kormoran » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:31 pm

Low and behold, the problem returned today. No power at 2500rpms and even taking off in first was jumpy unless i did it above 3000rpm :evil: . Reset the ecu, so far so good
1 month seems so long to wait for my tune.. but going to be well worth it! :mrgreen:
Kormoran

Postby PinkK » Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:04 am

Just had a quick look at your posts, if your at brissy then I am pretty sure that Matt from KiDo is heading up your way in August, then you don't have to worry so much about the wait :)
Check out KiDo in the for sale section and the I think its the tread labeled Sydney and Melbourne dates, go to near the end (i would post the link but I'm on my phone)
PinkK
-stickered-

Car: MY08 Liberty GT Spec. B Wagon

PreviousNext

Return to 2.0R engine specific