DIY: Sound deadening doors + speaker fitting, some tips

Detailed descriptions of how to do things to your Liberty.

Re: Sound deadening doors + speaker fitting, some tips

Postby hans » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:29 am

This info seems very useful for me. thanks for that...:)
hans

Car: Liberty MY07

Postby hans » Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:09 am

I'm from Melbourne. I'm planning replace my factory fitted door speakers to a better one. can any one tell me which one is better for door speakers. i don't know how to fix speakers as well. So please tell me a better place in north melbourne to change that speakers. Thanks for that. :D
hans

Car: Liberty MY07

Postby Scooby-Doo » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:42 pm

Ive got kicker spilts in my front and three ways in the back. go easily in in my my00, im no audiophile, but they sound good to me, and arnt too expensisve..

Cheers
Scooby-Doo

Postby garbo41610 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:17 am

hans wrote:I'm from Melbourne. I'm planning replace my factory fitted door speakers to a better one. can any one tell me which one is better for door speakers. i don't know how to fix speakers as well. So please tell me a better place in north melbourne to change that speakers. Thanks for that. :D

What is your budget??? I'd suggest going to as many shops as you can and taking a listen to as many speakers you can and then go from there. We can't tell you what sounds good to you. If your looking at entry level equipment then I'd budget $200 for speakers, $200 for materials (cable, sound deadener etc) and probably $150 to install = $550 or if you want to tackle the install yourself then you can budget $350 for speakers which will get you a nice set of splits. Installing speakers is relatively easy but if you want to pay the money to have them installed then IMO steer clear of installers from JB Hifi and Strathfield, they will do a sh1t job.

Join up to http://www.mobileelectronics.com.au/forums/ and read through some of the discussions there. MEA is a wealth of knowledge.

Frankston Car Audio are apparently the business for a lot of Melbournites. Their details are:

frankstoncaraudio@iprimus.com.au
http://www.frankstoncaraudio.com.au/
http://www.frankstoncaraudio.com.au/Products.html

Do it once, do it right.
Car(s): Steel Silver MY10 GT Wagon + 1985 Subaru Sherpa

Mods: (GT) HKS Panel Filter. The HKS I put in the MY10 is the same filter I took out of my MY05 GT. So yes, they do fit. Custom leather heel pad to minimise carpet wear in the drivers footwell. Slotted front rotors. (Sherpa) 14'' 6 Spoke mags, Chrome Gear Shift (sick!), Alloy Pedals (sicker!), new positive and negative battery terminals, Alpine cda-9827 H/U, JBL GT 6x9's boxed and mounted (sickest!), Kicker DS650.2 component speakers mounted in the footwells in flibreglass pods, Alpine MRP-F200 4 channel amp (4x40wRMS), Rebadged with hektik chrome eBay badges, STi stickers for more powaaaa, "leather" handbrake boot, recarpetted with grey/black car carpet from Bunnings, sick Clarke Rubber boot mat, polished and waxed.
garbo41610
-stickered-

Car: MY10 GT Wagon Steel Silver

Postby hamish_023 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:43 am

Hans hasn't revisited this site since January. Look at the post date.
hamish_023

Car: Black Liberty GT
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=10013

Re: DIY: Sound deadening doors + speaker fitting, some tips

Postby Deep Heat » Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:32 pm

Whats the best thing to use to fill the access holes and make spacers for speakers if I have to? I cant seem to find anyone near me who sells foam sheets.
Jack_Keaka wrote: I like my women like subarus, box explodes and does a head easily.
Deep Heat
formerly Twinkle

Postby mihai » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:04 am

pimp2plz wrote:Whats the best thing to use to fill the access holes and make spacers for speakers if I have to? I cant seem to find anyone near me who sells foam sheets.

Spacers go either MDF or the plastic cutting boards.

Foam sheets can be found at Clark Rubber.
[New: MY11 FPV F6 | Winter White | Pioneer DEX-P99RS | Alpine PDX-F6 | Alpine PDX-M12 | JL Audio 12W7-AE ]
[Old: MY07 2.0R | Urban Grey | 5 MT | 6000k HID | LED | Alpine IVA-W502E | Alpine PDX1.1000 | Alpine PDX4.150 | JL Audio 12W7v3 | Focal KRX2 ]
mihai

Car: MY07 Liberty 2.0R + MY11 FPV F6

Postby garbo41610 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:16 am

You will want something that will make as solid a seal as possible, so I would go with MDF. Don't forget to seal it with water resistant resin or similar to protect it from the elements.

Mods: (GT) HKS Panel Filter. The HKS I put in the MY10 is the same filter I took out of my MY05 GT. So yes, they do fit. Custom leather heel pad to minimise carpet wear in the drivers footwell. Slotted front rotors. (Sherpa) 14'' 6 Spoke mags, Chrome Gear Shift (sick!), Alloy Pedals (sicker!), new positive and negative battery terminals, Alpine cda-9827 H/U, JBL GT 6x9's boxed and mounted (sickest!), Kicker DS650.2 component speakers mounted in the footwells in flibreglass pods, Alpine MRP-F200 4 channel amp (4x40wRMS), Rebadged with hektik chrome eBay badges, STi stickers for more powaaaa, "leather" handbrake boot, recarpetted with grey/black car carpet from Bunnings, sick Clarke Rubber boot mat, polished and waxed.
garbo41610
-stickered-

Postby tangcla » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:30 am

So you're telling me the cardboard baffle we made and cut out, and balmed with duct tape, is no good to the elements? :alcoholic:
www.tangcla.com - photography

Canon 5D Mark III x2 | 16-35mm f/2.8L | 24-70mm f/2.8L IS | 70-200mm f/2.8L IS
100mm f/2.8L IS macro | 200mm f/2.0L IS | 580EX-II x2 | 430EX-II | PocketWizard TT1/TT5
tangcla

Car: B6 Audi S4 (4.2L V8)
Profile URL: http://www.tangcla.com

Postby garbo41610 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:38 am

ummm... nah should be good, duct tape to mount snooker table sized rear wings works well too???

lol

garbo41610
-stickered-

Previous

Return to Reference material & Walkthroughs