How To Tint Your Tail Lights

Detailed descriptions of how to do things to your Liberty.

Re: How To Tint Your Tail Lights

Postby Brunsy3.0 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:56 pm

Im looking to do this sometime in the future but am always unsure of how dark it will turn out without actually seeing it do tbe pictures depict the darkness of the tint properly? I was also thinking of masking up and attempting finely cutting around the reverse light area being clear seems to turn brown with tint
....THE WHITEWASH....
Brunsy3.0

Car: 07 3.0 Liberty Spec. B pearl white
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=21059

Postby KelvinTaylor88 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:15 pm

Brunsy3.0 wrote:Im looking to do this sometime in the future but am always unsure of how dark it will turn out without actually seeing it do tbe pictures depict the darkness of the tint properly? I was also thinking of masking up and attempting finely cutting around the reverse light area being clear seems to turn brown with tint

I've got some side by side shots of my lights tinted vs non-tinted if you want me to upload them.
As for cutting out the reverse light section I think it'd be very difficult to get a precise finish and avoid flaking but it may be possible.
2006 Subaru Liberty 3.0R Spec B Urban Grey Metallic
Tuned, Raptor Headers, K2 Gear Spec Neo Catback, HKS ES Premium Ti Limited Mufflers, Shockworks Coilovers, Rays 57 Pro w/ Titanium Lip, Advan AD08R, JDM Front End w/ Zerosports Front Lip, Corazon Grille, Deltaspeed Side Skirts, Custom Headlights, Stickered, and more...

WTB: Diffuser, Subaru Badge, Brembos?
KelvinTaylor88

Car: MY06 Liberty Spec-B Sedan
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=26710

Postby Brunsy3.0 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:03 am

Yeah some before and after shots would give me a really good idea of how dark they go. What tint did you get?
....THE WHITEWASH....
Brunsy3.0

Car: 07 3.0 Liberty Spec. B pearl white
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=21059

Postby KelvinTaylor88 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:57 am

Brunsy3.0 wrote:Yeah some before and after shots would give me a really good idea of how dark they go. What tint did you get?

I used this stuff - http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/251116157995 ... 1438.l2649
Nice and cheap and it's a shade I was very happy with (a little darker but nothing too extreme)

With and without tint:

2006 Subaru Liberty 3.0R Spec B Urban Grey Metallic
Tuned, Raptor Headers, K2 Gear Spec Neo Catback, HKS ES Premium Ti Limited Mufflers, Shockworks Coilovers, Rays 57 Pro w/ Titanium Lip, Advan AD08R, JDM Front End w/ Zerosports Front Lip, Corazon Grille, Deltaspeed Side Skirts, Custom Headlights, Stickered, and more...

WTB: Diffuser, Subaru Badge, Brembos?
KelvinTaylor88

Car: MY06 Liberty Spec-B Sedan
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=26710

Postby Corsair » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:17 pm

Just an update for future reference...
Somebody ran into the back of me a while back (during the day), and I had to put in the car for an claim assessment. Ummed and ahhed about removing the tint, but in the end decided to roll the dice and leave it on. Car came back fully repaired with no problems or questions. :derisive:
I got this plan. It's called 'Save Ass'. And the way it works is this - I slip outta one of these windows and I run like a bastard!
Corsair
-stickered-

Car: MY09 Liberty 2.5i
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15709

Previous

Return to Reference material & Walkthroughs