Page 1 of 2

Pics MY08 Lib tb STi with new 19"s

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:11 pm
by AdamW
Finally some pics of car with wheels..

Image

Also mums Liberty and sisters Forester.. I must thank them for introducing me to Subaru.. After driving my sisters turbo forester & mums liberty I thought I must combine the two and get a turbo liberty.. Then I spotted the tuned by STi liberty and I was hooked..
Image

Image

And other sisters Subaru wagon in the back ground
Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:23 pm
by WhiteGTB
Mate.... that's awesome :) AND keeping the Subaru name in the family too.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:38 pm
by senator
back from the jungle to have this waiting for you....... nice :lol:

so did you need up rolling the guards or did you just adjust the coilovers?

btw, so I am not the only one that attracts animals with a freshly waxed car........ I have tongue marks on my front and rear bumper thanks to the neighbors chocolate lab

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:49 pm
by GTSPECB STI
LOL those are great pics Adam! Awesome rims too mate. Really fills those wheel wells out for sure. Tell us about how she rides now. Oh welcome home.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:28 pm
by gumbyy
Car looks awesome mate, and what a cool Subaru family! These may be the first pics of a Lib I've seen featuring Llama's =)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:29 pm
by AdamW
She rides incredibly well now.. I also had the Whiteline front & rear sway bars & end link kits fitted while I was back.. I guess that’s about all I can do now performance wise, unless I put a bigger turbo in with FMIC and/or rebuild engine..

When I got back the 19 225 40’s were fitted, so they had to roll the guards and raise the Coilovers to get them on.. Those tyres lasted about a day before I went out and got a set of 19 225 35’s.. With these new tyres they were able to drop the car again.. The 40 series in the 19’s gave a terrible ride.. They raised the ride height over an inch (due to larger tyre diameter & raising Coilovers), so some handling was lost & with the larger outside tyre diameter it wasn’t as punchy.. As soon as the 35’s were on the car felt awesome again.. My garage looks like a tyre yard at the moment thou, with the set of STi rims & tyres and the 19 225 40’s lying around..

Was home… But now back in the jungle for another month or so.. Maybe for the last time thou.. Will probably accept an offer to work back in Brisbane starting mid next month.. Flight in was a bit dodgy.. Had to circle around up here for about 30 mins last night due to bad weather, then had to make emergency landing back down in Kiunga due to a hydraulic fluid leak.. The air strip down there was not equipped for international travellers, so they didn’t know what do to with us, they left us on the plane for a while until they realised that the plane was not going anywhere for a while due to leak.. Eventually they collected our passports and led us to a compound surrounded by razor wire and more guards than civilians.. We stayed there the night and flew up to the mine this morning..

Also had the car put back on dyno for a check up.. And figures were up to around 190kW now.. Somehow jumped 10kW from six weeks ago.. hmmm..

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:19 pm
by senator
looks like your parents must have been doing a bit of spirited drive while you were away and ecu has readjusted...... :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:15 pm
by Arith
Wow, Adam. Night and day difference between how it looked when you first got it to what it looks like now. Nice! Very nice. Those wheels combined with the lowering give it a great one two punch to the appearance. :D

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:25 pm
by MIB
Adam, that looks fantastic, the wheels and ride height are spot on. Very nice.

Subaru's tend to be a family affair, I bought an XT Forrester which all my family had a drive of, my parents then bought a Foz along with a sister (now in her second one) and another sister stepped up to an Outback after I switched to my Liberty.

I look forward to catching up sometime when you're back in Bris.

Scott

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:20 pm
by SMI77
Adam, the car & wheels look grouse :!: :!: :!:
I thought the new wheels in silver would not look as good.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:39 am
by adam
looks awsome mate!
almost looks like jims car in a negative pic :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:40 am
by AdamW
MIB wrote:I look forward to catching up sometime when you're back in Bris.
Scott

Yeah I am definitely up for some catch ups when back

SMI77 wrote:Adam, the car & wheels look grouse :!: :!: :!:
I thought the new wheels in silver would not look as good.

Yeah I still think the wheels maybe look better when the are dirty.. I may eventually get them re-sprayed a little darker..

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:59 am
by bonski
I'm very Jealous of the colour.

Im over black. :(

Car looks great

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:31 am
by Arith
bonski wrote:Im over black. :(

You should let Trieu know! He's looking for a black MY07 STi.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:32 am
by bonski
really - thats interesting because I was tossing up selling mine....

thanks for the heads up Jim..