The photography thread

You asked for it, here it is. Car porn etc. belongs here.

Re: The photography thread

Postby shav » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:57 am

jaydece wrote:Farken Brilliant Shav!!!!

Loved visiting Hahndorf.....* PROST *


Thanks Bro, that means a lot. Yeah it was a good time to be in Hanhdorf during Autumn. Lots of color.

Heading to Perth this weekend so Im looking forward to getting some shots from there. :mrgreen:
Cheers
Shav

MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium Sedan | HKS Panel filter | Pierburg 3 port | Whiteline adj sways F&R | Cusco HD mounts | Whiteline HD front sway links | Anycarlink AL-1080B | Ultrex s/s 3" CBE | Ultrex PU lip spoiler | Invidia s/s dump pipe and 100cel cat | KiDo tuned | DBA T2 rotors | Intima SS brake pads | Mishimoto TMIC | Koya ISR7 wheels | 265L Kobe fuel pump | Diamond Works SI Drive dial

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
2012 Focus Cayo 2.0 road bike
2015 Cervelo S5 VWD road bike
User avatar
shav
 
Posts: 3581
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:01 pm
Location: Adelaide, Southern Suburbs
Car: MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium
Real name: Shav
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18915&start=480

Re: The photography thread

Postby jslayz » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:58 am

Wow, you are getting good, nice pics!

:D
CURRENT - ATP GTX 3576 - 22psi - 283.7awkw
OLD - Dom 1.5Xtr - Last dyno 254ahkw, previous 238ahkw, first 224awkw.
My journey thread: http://forum.liberty.asn.au/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15523
My Lib Pics here: http://forum.liberty.asn.au/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15523&start=570#p370656
User avatar
jslayz
 
Posts: 2774
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:32 pm
Location: Perthhhhhh
Car: 2005 Liberty GT Wagon
Real name: J

Re: The photography thread

Postby shav » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:59 am

jslayz wrote:Wow, you are getting good, nice pics!

:D


Cheers man. I try to keep the potato pics to a minimum :lol:
Cheers
Shav

MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium Sedan | HKS Panel filter | Pierburg 3 port | Whiteline adj sways F&R | Cusco HD mounts | Whiteline HD front sway links | Anycarlink AL-1080B | Ultrex s/s 3" CBE | Ultrex PU lip spoiler | Invidia s/s dump pipe and 100cel cat | KiDo tuned | DBA T2 rotors | Intima SS brake pads | Mishimoto TMIC | Koya ISR7 wheels | 265L Kobe fuel pump | Diamond Works SI Drive dial

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
2012 Focus Cayo 2.0 road bike
2015 Cervelo S5 VWD road bike
User avatar
shav
 
Posts: 3581
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:01 pm
Location: Adelaide, Southern Suburbs
Car: MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium
Real name: Shav
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18915&start=480

Re: The photography thread

Postby tom_kauf » Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:14 am

Subscribed to this 8). There are some amazing photographs here!

I got my first proper camera a few months ago. A Panasonic Lumix G85 - a nice little weatherproof Mirrorless with fully articulating touchscreen and 5-axis image stabilisation, that also shoots 4K video.

I bought it with 2 Lenses, a 14-140mm and a 14-42mm (both only F3.5, but it's a start). And recently some Polarising Filters as well.
Not bad for just over $2000 all up. The body by itself is usually $1200, but was on special at Cambuy for $800.

My pictures aren't anywhere near the level of others on here, but I guess I have to start somewhere. And they haven't been touched up in Lightroom/Photoshop yet, so they're not bad considering...

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
[Stealth & Speed - Comfort & Practicality]: My 2008 MY09 GT SpecB Wagon - Manual 185,000km
User avatar
tom_kauf
-stickered-
 
Posts: 1305
Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:05 pm
Location: Townsville, QLD
Car: 2008 Liberty GT SpecB Manual Wagon
Real name: Tom

Re: The photography thread

Postby dan_ashcroft » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:25 pm

Really beautiful pics Shav. 'Thredbo 5' - broody. 'Porties sunrise 3' makes me feel like I am there, somehow it just triggers all the things that I would feel and notice if I was actually there.

But now that I am here (in this thread), I can't resist it any more... This has been on my mind for a long time...

Was it coins or a ciggie that you dropped? ;)
dan_ashcroft
 
Posts: 170
Joined: Tue May 19, 2015 8:12 am
Location: Sydney
Car: MY06 3.0R-B on E85

Re: The photography thread

Postby shav » Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:17 pm

dan_ashcroft wrote:Really beautiful pics Shav. 'Thredbo 5' - broody. 'Porties sunrise 3' makes me feel like I am there, somehow it just triggers all the things that I would feel and notice if I was actually there.

But now that I am here (in this thread), I can't resist it any more... This has been on my mind for a long time...

Was it coins or a ciggie that you dropped? ;)



Firstly, thanks for the compliments mate, the idea I always like to give is making the viewer think they are there in the shot or close to being there. Trying to evoke emotion is what I strive for whether its subtle or aggressive depending on the shot.

Second, Im not sure by what you mean by coins or ciggie? Forgive my ignorance.
Cheers
Shav

MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium Sedan | HKS Panel filter | Pierburg 3 port | Whiteline adj sways F&R | Cusco HD mounts | Whiteline HD front sway links | Anycarlink AL-1080B | Ultrex s/s 3" CBE | Ultrex PU lip spoiler | Invidia s/s dump pipe and 100cel cat | KiDo tuned | DBA T2 rotors | Intima SS brake pads | Mishimoto TMIC | Koya ISR7 wheels | 265L Kobe fuel pump | Diamond Works SI Drive dial

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
2012 Focus Cayo 2.0 road bike
2015 Cervelo S5 VWD road bike
User avatar
shav
 
Posts: 3581
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:01 pm
Location: Adelaide, Southern Suburbs
Car: MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium
Real name: Shav
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18915&start=480

Re: The photography thread

Postby shav » Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:20 pm

tom_kauf wrote:Subscribed to this 8). There are some amazing photographs here!

I got my first proper camera a few months ago. A Panasonic Lumix G85 - a nice little weatherproof Mirrorless with fully articulating touchscreen and 5-axis image stabilisation, that also shoots 4K video.

I bought it with 2 Lenses, a 14-140mm and a 14-42mm (both only F3.5, but it's a start). And recently some Polarising Filters as well.
Not bad for just over $2000 all up. The body by itself is usually $1200, but was on special at Cambuy for $800.

My pictures aren't anywhere near the level of others on here, but I guess I have to start somewhere. And they haven't been touched up in Lightroom/Photoshop yet, so they're not bad considering...



Tom, great start. You don't need to photoshop or enhance your shots if you dont need to. Its a personal choice and it depends on what you are trying to attain. There is no right or wrong in this regard. Its whatever the picture taker sees.

I believe the hardest parts of photography is getting the composition right and making sure the shots are in focus. Master these 2 things, and the rest will fall into place if you decide to try different things.

Look up the 'rule of thirds of photography' as a short lesson in composition. It will enhance your shots no end.
Cheers
Shav

MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium Sedan | HKS Panel filter | Pierburg 3 port | Whiteline adj sways F&R | Cusco HD mounts | Whiteline HD front sway links | Anycarlink AL-1080B | Ultrex s/s 3" CBE | Ultrex PU lip spoiler | Invidia s/s dump pipe and 100cel cat | KiDo tuned | DBA T2 rotors | Intima SS brake pads | Mishimoto TMIC | Koya ISR7 wheels | 265L Kobe fuel pump | Diamond Works SI Drive dial

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
2012 Focus Cayo 2.0 road bike
2015 Cervelo S5 VWD road bike
User avatar
shav
 
Posts: 3581
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:01 pm
Location: Adelaide, Southern Suburbs
Car: MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium
Real name: Shav
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18915&start=480

Re: The photography thread

Postby tom_kauf » Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:34 pm

shav wrote:Tom, great start. You don't need to photoshop or enhance your shots if you dont need to. Its a personal choice and it depends on what you are trying to attain. There is no right or wrong in this regard. Its whatever the picture taker sees.

I believe the hardest parts of photography is getting the composition right and making sure the shots are in focus. Master these 2 things, and the rest will fall into place if you decide to try different things.

Look up the 'rule of thirds of photography' as a short lesson in composition. It will enhance your shots no end.


Thank you Shav!

Cool, thanks for the advice. And I will look into the rule of thirds - sounds good :).
[Stealth & Speed - Comfort & Practicality]: My 2008 MY09 GT SpecB Wagon - Manual 185,000km
User avatar
tom_kauf
-stickered-
 
Posts: 1305
Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:05 pm
Location: Townsville, QLD
Car: 2008 Liberty GT SpecB Manual Wagon
Real name: Tom

Re: The photography thread

Postby dan_ashcroft » Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:32 pm

dan_ashcroft wrote:... But now that I am here (in this thread), I can't resist it any more... This has been on my mind for a long time...

Was it coins or a ciggie that you dropped? ;)



shav wrote: ... Im not sure by what you mean by coins or ciggie? Forgive my ignorance.


:D

Imageseaford train station-2 by Shav Bird, on Flickr
dan_ashcroft
 
Posts: 170
Joined: Tue May 19, 2015 8:12 am
Location: Sydney
Car: MY06 3.0R-B on E85

Re: The photography thread

Postby shav » Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:46 pm

dan_ashcroft wrote:
dan_ashcroft wrote:... But now that I am here (in this thread), I can't resist it any more... This has been on my mind for a long time...

Was it coins or a ciggie that you dropped? ;)



shav wrote: ... Im not sure by what you mean by coins or ciggie? Forgive my ignorance.


:D

Imageseaford train station-2 by Shav Bird, on Flickr


ohhhh hahaha :lol:

Just a loser pose bro. Didnt know what to do at the time :P
Cheers
Shav

MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium Sedan | HKS Panel filter | Pierburg 3 port | Whiteline adj sways F&R | Cusco HD mounts | Whiteline HD front sway links | Anycarlink AL-1080B | Ultrex s/s 3" CBE | Ultrex PU lip spoiler | Invidia s/s dump pipe and 100cel cat | KiDo tuned | DBA T2 rotors | Intima SS brake pads | Mishimoto TMIC | Koya ISR7 wheels | 265L Kobe fuel pump | Diamond Works SI Drive dial

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
2012 Focus Cayo 2.0 road bike
2015 Cervelo S5 VWD road bike
User avatar
shav
 
Posts: 3581
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:01 pm
Location: Adelaide, Southern Suburbs
Car: MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium
Real name: Shav
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18915&start=480

Previous

Return to Photos & Videos

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron