Some mods on the way

Show off what mods you've done to your car.

Some mods on the way

Postby BlackGT » Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:21 pm

By end of next week will have front and back Whiteline swaybars and some DBA 4000 rotors :P

Can't wait after getting slaughtered at Wakefield by an EVO8 MR and other STi's. Standard suspension and sway bars can't help. So reading from previous posts proper swaybars should make most difference for least amount of $$. I'll let you know!
No longer Comin' through like a funeral all BLACK on BLACK
Now Comin' through like a polar bear at a funeral all WHITE on BLACK

435i Gran Coupé F36
19's, SuperSprint exhaust, BMR Custom Tune
Greater than 275kW's of fun

Used to have
2.0T Blackbeast with clutch

Cat Back Exhaust, CAI, ECUTek, Whiteline Swaybars Black 18's on Bridgestone RE050A's + DBA4000's & Hawk Performance Pads = >180kW of fun
With Dual Flywheel Exedy Clutch for that extra lift

Goodbye - 2011 Harley Davidson Iron 883 - Black on Black
BlackGT

Car: BMW 435i Gran Coupe

Postby BlackGT » Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:53 pm

Hmmm got mods in place and not sure there is much of a difference to rant about. I must be immune to changes as I really cant see the car handling that much better. DBA 4000 don't feel any different but I wasn't expecting them to be on upgraded rotors on their own (without also upgrading calipers). I also got a camber change and alignment and again not much to talk about :?
Last edited by BlackGT on Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

435i Gran Coupé F36

Used to have

Cat Back Exhaust, CAI, ECUTek, Whiteline Swaybars Black 18's on Bridgestone RE050A's + DBA4000's & Hawk Performance Pads = >180kW of fun

BlackGT

Postby Mo_GT » Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:23 pm

BlackGT wrote:Hmmm got mods in place and not sure there is much of a difference to rant about. I must be immune to changes as I really cant see the car handling that much better. DBA 4000 don't feel any different but I wasn't on upgraded rotors on their own. I also got a camber change and alignment and again not much to talk about :?

As i've said many times before on other posts - there's not going to be a huge change with the way the car drives with aftermarket swaybars on the BL chassis - but it does help somewhat...

But I've found that swaybars along with better shocks, springs and braces make quite a difference.
Never Argue With An Idiot... They'll Drag You Down To Their Level And Then Beat You With Experience.
Mo_GT

Car: GT Spec B

Postby lordsnipe » Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:53 am

I know with FWD cars, the rear swaybar is stiffened up to try and eliminate some of the understeer and promote a bit of oversteer.. I would guess that would mean the same for 4WD and RWD (although why would you want to in a RWD??)

If you upgrade both front and back, does that mean that the benefits of a stiffened rear swaybar are negated?
lordsnipe

Postby AndrewCowley » Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:40 pm

With my GT I've done 2 track days at Wakefield. One without any mods and I was frustrated at the amount of understeer. Went back again after having fitted whiteline front and rear sway bars (both set to medium only) and a whiteline front strut brace and without changing anything else my car felt so much better around the track. Turn in was a lot sharper and there was tons less understeer. Sway bars and a strut brace are a great bang for buck mod. I know they have gotten me to point where the weak point (i.e. the factor contributing most to my crap lap times) is my driving and not the car. I might spend more dollars on a suspension overhaul (shocks, springs, maybe even coilovers) one day but for me its not required at the moment. My 2c.
MY04 GT Sedan: HKS Panel Filter. AVO TMIC. PHAT Dump Pipe. STi Quads. Pulse Racing ECU Tune. DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors. Dixcel M Pads. Spec B Bilsteins. Swift Sport Springs. Whiteline F&R Swaybars. Whiteline FSB. J Speed LCA Bushes.
AndrewCowley

Postby SkoobyGT » Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:13 pm

What time were you doing around Wakefield in the GT?
************FOR SALE - $20,999 - ************2004 GT Liberty
SkoobyGT

Postby AndrewCowley » Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:12 pm

SkoobyGT wrote:What time were you doing around Wakefield in the GT?

I've never timed my laps properly with a lap timer, but I guess I'm doing 1:18's to 1:20's. Pretty slow. My car is an auto which doesn't help.
MY04 GT Sedan: HKS Panel Filter. AVO TMIC. PHAT Dump Pipe. STi Quads. Pulse Racing ECU Tune. DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors. Dixcel M Pads. Spec B Bilsteins. Swift Sport Springs. Whiteline F&R Swaybars. Whiteline FSB. J Speed LCA Bushes.
AndrewCowley

Postby hks180 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:59 pm

that sounds about right .......

the first time when i took my gt to wakefield .. after 2 warm up lap my friend time me ... and i did 1:30 ....... hahaha

after few session i was doing around 1:20 to 1:21 ... i guess i need to lose the fear and just nail it !! hahahaha ..

i must say the gt felt like a BOAT ... i had to use my arm to brace myself when ever i turn a corner ... bcoz u move around so much in those leather seat !! :(

my mod back then was Apexi intake ... and a HKS ssqv ... :)

will head out there again .... very soon !!

Leo
[TEAM FUNERAL]
HID & LED >> CLICK HERE
hks180

Postby AndrewCowley » Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:32 pm

hks180 wrote:i must say the gt felt like a BOAT ... i had to use my arm to brace myself when ever i turn a corner ... bcoz u move around so much in those leather seat !! :(
Leo

Wow, mate I'm with you. Pre swaybars this is what happened to me! I could hardly steer properly since I was needing one hand to hold onto the door to stop myself from sliding. With swaybars the 'boat' effect is largely gone and I can at least keep two hands on the wheel so as to at least steer the car 1/2 properly.
AndrewCowley

Postby BlackGT » Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:40 pm

AndrewCowley wrote:With my GT I've done 2 track days at Wakefield. One without any mods and I was frustrated at the amount of understeer. Went back again after having fitted whiteline front and rear sway bars (both set to medium only) and a whiteline front strut brace and without changing anything else my car felt so much better around the track. Turn in was a lot sharper and there was tons less understeer. Sway bars and a strut brace are a great bang for buck mod. I know they have gotten me to point where the weak point (i.e. the factor contributing most to my crap lap times) is my driving and not the car. I might spend more dollars on a suspension overhaul (shocks, springs, maybe even coilovers) one day but for me its not required at the moment. My 2c.

I guess I'll have to wait till Wakefield to really find out, I've yet to fit the strutbrace, naturally that is next on the list of things to do.

435i Gran Coupé F36

Used to have

BlackGT

Postby BlackGT » Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:44 pm

hks180 wrote:that sounds about right .......

the first time when i took my gt to wakefield .. after 2 warm up lap my friend time me ... and i did 1:30 ....... hahaha

after few session i was doing around 1:20 to 1:21 ... i guess i need to lose the fear and just nail it !! hahahaha ..

i must say the gt felt like a BOAT ... i had to use my arm to brace myself when ever i turn a corner ... bcoz u move around so much in those leather seat !! :(

my mod back then was Apexi intake ... and a HKS ssqv ... :)

will head out there again .... very soon !!

Leo

Leo when you do go out next or anyone else in the club for that matter, let me know. I think Wakefield would look great with Liberty's all over the place. Plus I would be keen to see what time I would run. I would want to see if I could get under 1:15.

If your out there 'ET' hows the wagon and are you ever going to return to the track?

435i Gran Coupé F36

Used to have

BlackGT

Postby AndrewCowley » Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:50 pm

BlackGT wrote:I guess I'll have to wait till Wakefield to really find out, I've yet to fit the strutbrace, naturally that is next on the list of things to do.

When are you going to Wakefield next? Be sure to let us know how it goes.

I see from the bottom of your posts you have ECUTek. Where did you get it done? I'm thinking of doing this mod next.
AndrewCowley

Postby BlackGT » Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:54 pm

AndrewCowley wrote:
BlackGT wrote:I guess I'll have to wait till Wakefield to really find out, I've yet to fit the strutbrace, naturally that is next on the list of things to do.

When are you going to Wakefield next? Be sure to let us know how it goes.

I see from the bottom of your posts you have ECUTek. Where did you get it done? I'm thinking of doing this mod next.

I got my ECUTek from MRT but I'm not advertising for them as my stance with MRT is neutral. They are pricey but IMO do a reasonable job but not everyone will agree I'm sure.

If someone has a track day in mind (and it's not raining on the day) I'll be there.

435i Gran Coupé F36

Used to have

BlackGT

Postby viriix » Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:31 pm

ecutek do much in performance wise?

any dyno's etc?
Current: MY12 Tornado Red VW Golf GTI
Past: MY07 Pearl White Subaru Liberty GT-B | MY04 Arctic Blue Honda Accord Euro-L | MY2K Salsa Red Dodge Neon
viriix

Postby ChrisGT » Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:06 pm

BlackGT, AndrewCowley, HKS180

Have any of you guys replaced your springs?
I've gone with replacement springs to try and reduce the Titanic effect, which they have done to a certain degree, along with Super Pro adjustable LCAs and a set of RT 615's(as these have very stiff sidewalls)

I'd like to have a run at Wakefield and see what the understeer is like bfore I do any further mods like sway bars. Although I think I might have to get rid of the OEM front pads as I think I'm getting fade from road use or these pads have been cooked by the previous owner.

Do you recall your tyre pressures? I generally run 37-38psi cold as i found that at over 40psi under track conditions the tyres weren't being used to their potential.

cheers
Chris
MY05 OBP LGT-Premium
ChrisGT

Next

Return to Post your mods