06 Blitzen *Final Install - 2nd last set of pics page 1*

Show off what mods you've done to your car.

Re: 06 Blitzen *interior updated*

Postby teK-- » Fri May 21, 2010 4:03 pm

MY04 2.5i Safety 5MT Sedan "Project Locomotive"
..: JDM Subaru-AVO-Whiteline-Bilstein-Swift Springs-Cusco-Rallitek-GT Brakes-Remsa-K4RT30Y-Blitz-Philips-Défi-STI-Sabelt-Redline-Alpine-Polk Audio-Kenwood-Dynamat :..
User avatar
teK--
-stickered-
 
Posts: 4060
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:02 pm
Location: Melbourne

Re: 06 Blitzen *interior updated*

Postby Kevlar GT » Fri May 21, 2010 9:41 pm

Very cool, thanks. I was thinking of doing the same section as you have done. I kind of like the exterior (between windows) as well. Did you guys just order it online?
Image
User avatar
Kevlar GT
 
Posts: 1707
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:48 pm
Location: Canberra (Southside of town)
Car: 04 GT Wagon

Re: 06 Blitzen *interior updated*

Postby jdm rsk » Fri May 21, 2010 9:49 pm

what about the whole roof???
User avatar
jdm rsk
formerly legacy rsk
 
Posts: 4026
Joined: Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:04 am
Location: Sydney, Australia, Kasuga City Fukuoka Japan
Car: MY 11 VW Golf GTI ED35
Real name: Shane

Re: 06 Blitzen *interior updated*

Postby Kevlar GT » Fri May 21, 2010 9:56 pm

jdm rsk wrote:what about the whole roof???


Not unless I do the bonnet and tail gate as well.

*farkin smart ass :P
Image
User avatar
Kevlar GT
 
Posts: 1707
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:48 pm
Location: Canberra (Southside of town)
Car: 04 GT Wagon

Re: 06 Blitzen *interior updated*

Postby teK-- » Fri May 21, 2010 10:45 pm

I just bought a small amount off a local guy in the Skyline club, he bought a few metres roll from the States. I think Naldo was trying to sell his leftover stuff on here.
MY04 2.5i Safety 5MT Sedan "Project Locomotive"
..: JDM Subaru-AVO-Whiteline-Bilstein-Swift Springs-Cusco-Rallitek-GT Brakes-Remsa-K4RT30Y-Blitz-Philips-Défi-STI-Sabelt-Redline-Alpine-Polk Audio-Kenwood-Dynamat :..
User avatar
teK--
-stickered-
 
Posts: 4060
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:02 pm
Location: Melbourne

Re: 06 Blitzen

Postby legacydan » Fri May 21, 2010 11:58 pm

06 blitzen wrote:Interior

ok, so i purchased a full true carbon fiber interior o'lay kit from rrevsport...absolutely awesome kit, the quality of the parts and the carbon fiber was exceptional.
i had jason custom make some new door handles and also the center console beside the handbrake for me.
only problem...i didnt like the gloss finish and how even though the finish and build was great i could tell it was a stick on part (the door handles and center console i love and you couldnt tell they were after market)
so with this problem in hand i set about removing all the o'lay pieces and removed all of the parts i wanted to have finished in carbon fiber...all the air con ducts in the front, the side mirror control surround, dash cubby hole, door speaker surrounds front and rear.....surprisingly this was an easy task...with the exception of the doors all the parts just clip in and out. for the doors i removed the whole trim and then unscrewed and popped out the bits i wanted coated.
all parts removed i went about covering them with 3's di-noc carbon fiber vinyl.....and below is the finished product.
the look is almost factory fitment, as i covered the parts and continued the wrap around to the back of each bit so it gave it a seamless finish.
im very happy with the finished product!


hey can you give me a few pointers on how to remove these pieces i cracked the passenger side one already trying to pry it off from the top with a flat head so it definitely needs covering now, just don't want to brake it more or the other one not taking it off correctly!

Image
User avatar
legacydan
 
Posts: 504
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 9:48 am
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Car: Legacy b4 jdm import
Real name: Dan

Re: 06 Blitzen *interior updated*

Postby vp920b » Sat May 22, 2010 2:21 am

Forgot of my seller last time when I bought it.

1 thing for sure: never buy non 3M product! It is super sucks.

I will stick to 3M. Not going to buy any other else.

Thanks

Naldo
vp920b
 
Posts: 820
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:51 am
Location: Melbourne, Victoria
Car: 1992 Liberty RS
Real name: Naldo

Re: 06 Blitzen

Postby 06 blitzen » Sat May 22, 2010 1:37 pm

legacydan wrote:
06 blitzen wrote:Interior

ok, so i purchased a full true carbon fiber interior o'lay kit from rrevsport...absolutely awesome kit, the quality of the parts and the carbon fiber was exceptional.
i had jason custom make some new door handles and also the center console beside the handbrake for me.
only problem...i didnt like the gloss finish and how even though the finish and build was great i could tell it was a stick on part (the door handles and center console i love and you couldnt tell they were after market)
so with this problem in hand i set about removing all the o'lay pieces and removed all of the parts i wanted to have finished in carbon fiber...all the air con ducts in the front, the side mirror control surround, dash cubby hole, door speaker surrounds front and rear.....surprisingly this was an easy task...with the exception of the doors all the parts just clip in and out. for the doors i removed the whole trim and then unscrewed and popped out the bits i wanted coated.
all parts removed i went about covering them with 3's di-noc carbon fiber vinyl.....and below is the finished product.
the look is almost factory fitment, as i covered the parts and continued the wrap around to the back of each bit so it gave it a seamless finish.
im very happy with the finished product!


hey can you give me a few pointers on how to remove these pieces i cracked the passenger side one already trying to pry it off from the top with a flat head so it definitely needs covering now, just don't want to brake it more or the other one not taking it off correctly!

Image


you have to remove the door card.
there are 3 screws which hold just the surround in, then another 2 which hold the door handle bit in.

if your in melb im more than happy to help you out with it all.
2006 Liberty BLITZEN
Twin Stainless Exhaust, HKS Panel Filter, RREV S Type Spoiler, Eyelids, Outback Bonnet, HID's
User avatar
06 blitzen
 
Posts: 233
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:54 pm
Location: Bayside, Melb, Vic
Car: 06 blitzen
Real name: chris

Re: 06 Blitzen *interior updated*

Postby 06 blitzen » Sat May 22, 2010 1:41 pm

as for purchasing the carbon fiber wrap...i did try to organise a group buy which would have meant there was heaps available at very affordable prices but got no interest.

do not buy the other cheaper products online, when you heat them up they dont expand and allow for manipulation like the 3m does, they just distort and look crap, loose their stick and you will need to replace it.
ebay does have some...or you can buy direct from some companies online...just do a search for 3m carbon fiber wrap
2006 Liberty BLITZEN
Twin Stainless Exhaust, HKS Panel Filter, RREV S Type Spoiler, Eyelids, Outback Bonnet, HID's
User avatar
06 blitzen
 
Posts: 233
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:54 pm
Location: Bayside, Melb, Vic
Car: 06 blitzen
Real name: chris

Re: 06 Blitzen *interior updated*

Postby 06 blitzen » Sat May 22, 2010 1:53 pm

vp920b wrote:Do you do the stickering by your self or someone else?

Love your stickers Chris.

Naldo


i spent ages trying to work a way which i could have a template made to allow for easy replication and fitment, but because i wouldnt settle for average fitment.

i ended up stripping all the parts of out the car and wrapping each individually. i have overlapped the parts so the finish is up at the back, so when its fitted back onto the car it sits flush with no edges.
the look is great, but still doesnt compare to the real thing.
another downside is that the wrap doesnt come with a gloss finish, just the raw - i have tried to see if i can get a clear coat to finish it with, but nothing worked with good results. you have to find something that can be applied after you have fitted the wrap as no clear coat will last when you heat the wrap to stretch it over the parts.

for any melb members im happy if you contact me and come round, i can show you how to remove the parts, door cards etc
2006 Liberty BLITZEN
Twin Stainless Exhaust, HKS Panel Filter, RREV S Type Spoiler, Eyelids, Outback Bonnet, HID's
User avatar
06 blitzen
 
Posts: 233
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:54 pm
Location: Bayside, Melb, Vic
Car: 06 blitzen
Real name: chris

Re: 06 Blitzen

Postby legacydan » Sat May 22, 2010 11:18 pm

06 blitzen wrote:you have to remove the door card.
there are 3 screws which hold just the surround in, then another 2 which hold the door handle bit in.

if your in melb im more than happy to help you out with it all.


heh thanks for the info, im in Ireland unfortunately! bit of a journey to Melbourne!
User avatar
legacydan
 
Posts: 504
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 9:48 am
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Car: Legacy b4 jdm import
Real name: Dan

Re: 06 Blitzen

Postby 06 blitzen » Sun May 23, 2010 4:12 pm

legacydan wrote:
06 blitzen wrote:you have to remove the door card.
there are 3 screws which hold just the surround in, then another 2 which hold the door handle bit in.

if your in melb im more than happy to help you out with it all.


heh thanks for the info, im in Ireland unfortunately! bit of a journey to Melbourne!


lol just around the corner....
removing the door cards is reasonably simple and quick to do...pop off the door handle covers, unscrew the 2 (or 3?) screws then simply pull the door card away from the door. there are about 5 pop out plugs holding it in place. when pulled out fro the door you disconnect the light and then the central locking and your done
2006 Liberty BLITZEN
Twin Stainless Exhaust, HKS Panel Filter, RREV S Type Spoiler, Eyelids, Outback Bonnet, HID's
User avatar
06 blitzen
 
Posts: 233
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:54 pm
Location: Bayside, Melb, Vic
Car: 06 blitzen
Real name: chris

Re: 06 Blitzen *interior updated*

Postby jdm rsk » Sun May 23, 2010 7:03 pm

Kevlar GT wrote:
jdm rsk wrote:what about the whole roof???


Not unless I do the bonnet and tail gate as well.

*farkin smart ass :P

i was refering to my roof kevin not yours
User avatar
jdm rsk
formerly legacy rsk
 
Posts: 4026
Joined: Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:04 am
Location: Sydney, Australia, Kasuga City Fukuoka Japan
Car: MY 11 VW Golf GTI ED35
Real name: Shane

Re: 06 Blitzen *interior updated*

Postby Kevlar GT » Sun May 23, 2010 8:28 pm

jdm rsk wrote:i was refering to my roof kevin not yours


Ok, I retract this component of my post.
Kevlar GT wrote:Not unless I do the bonnet and tail gate as well.


I actually saw an episode of West coast customs the other day where they covered about 70% of a car in vinyl and it didn't look too bad.
Image
User avatar
Kevlar GT
 
Posts: 1707
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:48 pm
Location: Canberra (Southside of town)
Car: 04 GT Wagon

Re: 06 Blitzen *Final Install - 2nd last set of pics page 1*

Postby 06 blitzen » Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:18 pm

final installation pics up on the first page..outback bonnet, eyelids and spoiler
2006 Liberty BLITZEN
Twin Stainless Exhaust, HKS Panel Filter, RREV S Type Spoiler, Eyelids, Outback Bonnet, HID's
User avatar
06 blitzen
 
Posts: 233
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:54 pm
Location: Bayside, Melb, Vic
Car: 06 blitzen
Real name: chris

PreviousNext

Return to Post your mods

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests