Apexi Intake, AVO box and Forge BOV

Show off what mods you've done to your car.

Apexi Intake, AVO box and Forge BOV

Postby 04GTLIB » Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:26 am

Guys.

Here's a few pics of the new mods.
All items were quick an easy to install and of great quality. (I'm finding the Apexi intake a little on the loud side though.) :shock:

The Forge BOV is the same size as the standard BOV, its anodized finish is perfect and comes with 2 extra springs and washers to give you heaps of adjustability.

I painted the Apexi intake black as I like keeping things in the engine bay subtle so to speak.

The last thing on the list is to re-paint the AVO lid as it's a little on the shiny side, I will try and match it up as best as I can to the standard plastic covers.

The BOV picks are a little out of focus :oops: , I'm definitely going to have a chat to Clarence so my future pics are of better quality. :wink:

Cheers,
Rusty.
19" Koya wheels - STI front lip - STI Scuff Plates - STI Shift Knob - STI Pedal Set - Blitz A/C filter - Battery and ABS covers - Hyperflow TMIC - Auto Meter boost gauge and fabricated pod - EXOTIC EXHAUST ceramic coated dump pipe, hi flow cat, 3" centre pipe and fabricated rear mufflers - BC Racing Coil Overs - Phat lower control arm bushes - Whiteline rear camber bushes - Rallitek end links - Valenti LED tail lights - DBA Slotted rotors - QFM pads - Goodridge Brake Lines.
Coming soon - Spec B front - Kinugawa turbo upgrade
04GTLIB

Car: MY04 GT Liberty Wagon

Re: Apexi Intake, AVO box and Forge BOV

Postby tangcla » Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:31 am

Fly me up for a photoshoot :wink:

Does the AVO box fit the A'PEXi intake without modifications, or did you have to cut the hole?
www.tangcla.com - photography

Canon 5D Mark III x2 | 16-35mm f/2.8L | 24-70mm f/2.8L IS | 70-200mm f/2.8L IS
100mm f/2.8L IS macro | 200mm f/2.0L IS | 580EX-II x2 | 430EX-II | PocketWizard TT1/TT5
tangcla

Car: B6 Audi S4 (4.2L V8)
Profile URL: http://www.tangcla.com

Postby 04GTLIB » Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:51 am

tangcla wrote:Fly me up for a photoshoot :wink:

Does the AVO box fit the A'PEXi intake without modifications, or did you have to cut the hole?

Clarence.
I think a Brisbane photo shoot would be awesome. :wink:

I didn't end up modifying the air box hole.
The Apexi kit comes with two support brackets, they run from just under the filter to the the original air box holes.
If you were to install these you may need to modify the hole size.
I didn't worry about it, as I lined the air box hole with rubber and if need be the intake can rest on this.

Cheers,
Rusty.
19" Koya wheels - STI front lip - STI Scuff Plates - STI Shift Knob - STI Pedal Set - Blitz A/C filter - Battery and ABS covers - Hyperflow TMIC - Auto Meter boost gauge and fabricated pod - EXOTIC EXHAUST ceramic coated dump pipe, hi flow cat, 3" centre pipe and fabricated rear mufflers - BC Racing Coil Overs - Phat lower control arm bushes - Whiteline rear camber bushes - Rallitek end links - Valenti LED tail lights - DBA Slotted rotors - QFM pads - Goodridge Brake Lines.
04GTLIB

Postby adhar » Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:00 am

Lookin good Rusty!
adhar
-stickered-

Car: VE SS-V

Postby tangcla » Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:05 am

04GTLIB wrote:I think a Brisbane photo shoot would be awesome. :wink:

I should be up in Ipswich later this month... if you're keen, let me know...

100mm f/2.8L IS macro | 200mm f/2.0L IS | 580EX-II x2 | 430EX-II | PocketWizard TT1/TT5
tangcla

Postby 04GTLIB » Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:37 am

tangcla wrote:
04GTLIB wrote:I think a Brisbane photo shoot would be awesome. :wink:

I should be up in Ipswich later this month... if you're keen, let me know...

Clarence.

I want to wait till I get the Commodore going, then you can shoot both cars together. :wink:

I'll see how busy work is, might try to catch up for a beer or three.

Cheers.
04GTLIB

Postby Jtek » Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:01 am

Looks good mate, how about a youtube clip to hear how she sounds? happy bday by the way :wink: nice gift for yourself
Cheers
Jtek

Car: MY05 Lib GT

Postby 04GTLIB » Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:29 pm

Jtek wrote:Looks good mate, how about a youtube clip to hear how she sounds? happy bday by the way :wink: nice gift for yourself
Cheers

Thanks for the birthday wishes Joz. :wink:

As for the sound clip, I haven't got a movie camera mate.

Cheers.
04GTLIB

Postby SillySora » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:23 pm

Nice mod looks awesome. Yes I know what you mean the pod filter on this is stupid loud. Well could here mine 200meters down the street... than my exhaust lol. :assassin:
SillySora

Car: My 08 Liberty

Postby tangcla » Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:12 pm

SillySora wrote:Nice mod looks awesome. Yes I know what you mean the pod filter on this is stupid loud.

Wait till you get a silicon intake pipe to the turbo... omg the sound is incredible.
You know the sound of blowing across the top of an empty bottle? It's like that when I back off on the throttle. It's way cool :D

tangcla

Postby teK-- » Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:13 pm

That setup looks really neat :D
MY04 2.5i Safety 5MT Sedan "Project Locomotive"
..: JDM Subaru-AVO-Whiteline-Bilstein-Swift Springs-Cusco-Rallitek-GT Brakes-Remsa-K4RT30Y-Blitz-Philips-Défi-STI-Sabelt-Redline-Alpine-Polk Audio-Kenwood-Dynamat :..
teK--
-stickered-

Postby 04GTLIB » Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:09 pm

Guys.
Thanks for the comments.
One thing that's really noticeable now is an intake flutter noise.
Could I ask you guys firstly, why is it making the fluttering noise and secondly how do I get rid of it?
Apart from the fluttering, everything else is great.

Cheers,
Rusty.
04GTLIB

Postby Arith » Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:42 pm

04GTLIB wrote:One thing that's really noticeable now is an intake flutter noise. Could I ask you guys firstly, why is it making the fluttering noise and secondly how do I get rid of it?

I don't have the technicals on what causes it, only that it's apparent with our turbos. But I've asked around on how to get rid of it, and unfortunately you can't. There are a few things that will reduce it a bit, but it's there to stay. It's one of the things that's causing me a bit of grief and ready to chuck out the Blitz kit to return to the panel filter. Because every single person that rides in my car points out the flutter and tells me there's something wrong with my car and I should have it checked out by a mechanic. :?

[ Former Liberty ... Slightly Modified -> Click
here for modifications & profile ]
Arith
-stickered-

Car: MY11 Volvo S60 T6

Postby Boxer » Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:09 pm

Depending on what noise you are referring to with flutter - it will be compressor surge or the BOV return. Cant get rid of it with the intake you have - its precisely the reason why Subaru put an airbox and an intake resonator in as standard ;)
Lifes pretty straight without twisties:

07 Obsidian Black GTB Tuned by STi Wagon 6MT
Boxer

Postby 04GTLIB » Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:52 pm

Boxer wrote:Depending on what noise you are referring to with flutter - it will be compressor surge or the BOV return. Cant get rid of it with the intake you have - its precisely the reason why Subaru put an airbox and an intake resonator in as standard ;)

Thanks for the reply Peter.

I'll try and put up with it.

There be an Apexi intake up for sale soon though. :wink:

Cheers,
Rusty.
04GTLIB

Next

Return to Post your mods