MY08 Liberty GT Spec B Team White 6Man

Show off what mods you've done to your car.

Re: MY08 Liberty GT Spec B Team White 6Man

Postby fenis » Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:07 pm

Any updates with the dump pipe fouling the steering knuckle? I'm getting mine installed by ASG in a few weeks :D

Also did you notice any changes with the hyperflow intercooler?
fenis

Car: MY07 GT Spec B

Postby GTB Liberty » Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:16 pm

fenis wrote:Any updates with the dump pipe fouling the steering knuckle? I'm getting mine installed by ASG in a few weeks :D

Also did you notice any changes with the hyperflow intercooler?

Hey Fenis, the car hasn't had anything done lately. The fouling of the knuckle is minimal and only occurs on high torque moments with some steering lock applied. The tune and weakened engine mounts is the issue NOT the DP design. The fouling is so minimal - shows up a a small pimple mark.

The hyperflow simply hasn't made it on the car yet.

Must get my act into gear.
MY08 Liberty GT Spec B Manual SEDAN | TEAM White | Verso tuned @ ASG 240 Hp & 372 Nm hub dyno| STi | BBK M turbo | GriMspeed | Brembo | Valentine V1 | ECUdatascan | PROVA | HKS | Zero Sports | Phat Performance Parts | ACME | Whiteline | Enkei | Dixcel | Cusco
" . . . and on the 8th day God made Subaru . . . on the 9th supposedly the V8 . . . and on the 10th turbo lag so the V8s would think they had a chance "
GTB Liberty

Car: MY08 Liberty GT Spec B
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?t=5714

Brembo Purchase

Postby GTB Liberty » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:46 pm

Picking up a full set of Brembo calipers on Saturday. Fronts are from an S204 - wishing that was 402 but sadly not :)
MY08 Liberty GT Spec B Manual SEDAN | TEAM White | Verso tuned @ ASG 240 Hp & 372 Nm hub dyno| STi | BBK M turbo | GriMspeed | Brembo | Valentine V1 | ECUdatascan | PROVA | HKS | Zero Sports | Phat Performance Parts | ACME | Whiteline | Enkei | Dixcel | Cusco
" . . . and on the 8th day God made Subaru . . . on the 9th supposedly the V8 . . . and on the 10th turbo lag so the V8s would think they had a chance "
GTB Liberty

Postby GTB Liberty » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:35 pm

Well ... Been a while since I updated here so ... Everything has been sourced for my Brembo upgrade which occured in early Dec 2012. Thanks to Dougie, DBA fails, and throwing vanity out for a conclusion of the upgrade. Big ups to Cruising for his great revamp of the callipers.

Sti 204 Brembo calipers resprayed Black w white "Sti"
New Front seals as rear were good.
DBA 4000 T3 slotted front rotor
Genuine Brembo slotted rear conversion rotor
Dixcel Type M pads all round
Goodrich SS Brake Lines
New OEM front shims

So hoping someone hasn't sent me the wrong item that I'm not aware.

About F'n time I say.

Now to find time to allow Dougie to get it all on the car.

Photos.

Start
Painted
Front
Rear

Well after much coaxing, jokes and maligning the Liberty track speed may finally lose some barge status as long awaited power upgrade is booked. So far the list is (including every item collected over years in the cupboard ... Thank god):

USA Dave's BBK-M Turbo
new braided turbo oil lines
Dave's Silicon inlet pipe
Hyperflow TMIC from Jimmy S (finally installed Jimmy - practically an antique ;)
Grimmspeed 3 port boost controller
Cusco Turbo Heat shield
AOS (oil inlet mount type)
Investigating which fuel pump ATM.

All to be installed by the fine men at Stechnic. Then off to ASG for a retune.

Plans are a reasonably conservative tune, at where Scary's Liberty is say 17Psi boost, as nothing else is changing. That'll be less boost than the current tune / turbo. In the end decision's up to Sean at ASG. I'm hoping for somewhere in the 240 Hp / 400 Nm at the hubs.

I guess we'll see ...
GTB Liberty

Postby madix » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:02 pm

Those black calipers look hot. Nice choice.
madix

Postby GTB Liberty » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:45 pm

madix wrote:Those black calipers look hot. Nice choice.

Thanks. The colour choice was a reasonable debate over time but it's always meant to be a subtle sledgehammer sleeper look. Hence, black suited with "Sti" not Tuned by Sti OEM "Brembo".

It's not an Sti ... It's my GTB.
GTB Liberty

Postby Bezzza » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:56 pm

Can't wait to get my T3's on the front and re-paint my brembos, yours look great!
I'm thinking a more outlandish yellow for my calipers though :lol:

Upcoming tune with the mods should net a handy gain and make the car that little bit more fun for you :good:
mod -> tune -> drive -> get bored -> repeat...
Bezzza

Car: MY08 tb STi Wagon, 5AT
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17319

Postby cruisn » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:33 am

Nice. :D

I must say that those front calipers were the most cooked ones Ive had yet!

Why are both rear rotors the same direction slots? The right way on the pic with wheel fitted, the wrong way on the pic with no wheel?
cruisn

Car: MY02 GTB E Tune

Postby GTB Liberty » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:17 am

cruisn wrote:Nice. :D ... Why are both rear rotors the same direction slots? The right way on the pic with wheel fitted, the wrong way on the pic with no wheel?

Trust you to notice Mark. The rotor in that photo was a test fit to view your excellent dog bones when it was noticed the rotor was on the wrong side.

Mind you ... I went and checked it again to make sure after your comment. 8)
GTB Liberty

Postby GTB Liberty » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:28 am

Well ... It's seems I might be getting to the end of my modding journey with the Liberty. The cupboard has been emptied of all the collected parts. Install has occurred, retuned and some very impressive numbers came back.

Essentially, the following was installed:

CBRD BBK M Billet turbo
Hyperflow TMIC
GriMspeed Boost controller
Perrin Silicon Intake
ACME Turbo and AVCS oil line (to replace Subaru oil line of fail).

Turbo rebuild info here -

Everything else has remained as previous including the Phatman dump and OEM cutback exhaust. The results are simply stunning.

Here is the initial pre-tune graph and post tune on the VF48, Phatman Dump pipe and a HKS air filter.

As you can see it hit maximum boost and just stays there all the way through the rev range. The maximum boost on the dyno was 16Psi. However, since then the ECU has done some learning and is pulling 18.5 Psi In every gear. If you directly apportion Psi to power/torque the car would go from 240Hp and 372 Nm to approx 260 / 400. Does it feel like that now ... Well yes it does.

I'm as happy as a pig in shit and loving the Liberty's new incarnation. As you can see from the comparison graphs the car has been totally transformed. I also note that the latest software version for a Dynapack reads approx 5% lower than the previous versions.

I'd like to throw out a big thank you to American Dave, Michael May (Phatman), Shane Cary (Scary)', Dougie, Damo, Dave n Josh at Stechnic, Sean at ASG and my girl for their tireless support of my addiction to making my Liberty a Porsche eating sedan.

Finally, I'd like to say a big FU to the arsehole that graffitied the Liberty last Saturday night with red spray paint. It's all off taking 24 hours of wax on / wax off by hand. I hope you burn in hell and I hope when you finally have your own pride and joy someone returns the favour and tags your car you piece of shit.

PS - my wife says I'm much more endowed than your interpretation :lol:
Last edited by GTB Liberty on Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
GTB Liberty

Postby alessandro132 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:33 am

What a fuckwit :angry2: :angry2: :angry2:

It's scum like that which makes me furious as we are all enthusiasts here and hate to see anything done to our pride and joy.

Glad it came off and I hope the low-life who did it gets a massive kick in the arse and gets his just desserts!

Car is looking great and great power improvements with your choice of mods - must put a big smile on your face every time it hits boost :mrgreen:

Now you can enjoy it!
TEAM TOYOTA | TEAM HKS

Cusco, HPI, HKS, and a few other bits...
alessandro132
-stickered-

Car: 2000 JZX100 Toyota Chaser Tourer V
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16914

Postby GTB Liberty » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:41 am

alessandro132 wrote:
Car is looking great and great power improvements with your choice of mods - must put a big smile on your face every time it hits boost :mrgreen:

Now you can enjoy it!

That it does ... Even my V8 owning mates are astounded at how hard it pulls. Looking forward to the drags next Wednesday to see if I can get into the high 12s.
GTB Liberty

Postby champ » Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:23 pm

GTB Liberty wrote:That it does ... Even my V8 owning mates are astounded at how hard it pulls. Looking forward to the drags next Wednesday to see if I can get into the high 12s.

Looking forward to your posted times :D

BTW where did you park your car for that to happen? :angry2:
champ
-stickered-

Car: MY07 GT Spec.B Tuned by STi 6MT OBP

Postby Kekotic » Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:31 pm

GTB you have always been an inspiration for my car. Go team white!!!

As for your vandals, you can surmise that they are between the ages of 14 and 17. The Nazi swastiska is represented on a 45 degree angle, these morons are so fucking retarded they have drawn it in the orientation of the religious Buddhist/Hindu swastika. So at least you can laugh at the fact these guys are so lacking in intelligence that they have completely fucked up and basically spray painted on your car a symbol that says "be good"

Fuck people who screw with cars.
Kekotic
-stickered-

Car: MY07 Liberty GT Spec.B
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13066

Postby rooby » Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:25 pm

What c**ts!

F**k I hate people.

On the plus side your car is super.
rooby

Car: MY07 Liberty GT Spec.B