MY08 Liberty GT Spec B Team White 6Man

Show off what mods you've done to your car.

Re: MY08 Liberty GT Spec B Team White 6Man

Postby Kekotic » Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:53 pm

Nice addition.
I agree the brake stopper looks pretty bling in the engine bay, and it does the job well too.

I also had the misfortune of dropping a bolt in to the engine bay when trying to install it....I almost considered taking the wheel off to get that nut on inside the inner wheel arch, but after about 10 attempts I finally managed to get it on the thread without dropping it.
Kekotic
-stickered-

Car: MY07 Liberty GT Spec.B
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13066

Postby GTB Liberty » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:47 pm

chaotic2050 wrote:Nice addition.
I agree the brake stopper looks pretty bling in the engine bay, and it does the job well too.

I also had the misfortune of dropping a bolt in to the engine bay when trying to install it....I almost considered taking the wheel off to get that nut on inside the inner wheel arch, but after about 10 attempts I finally managed to get it on the thread without dropping it.

If you don't drop a nut or two it's not mechanics :D

When I'm a little freer I'll take it for a more spirited drive check out the change more.
MY08 Liberty GT Spec B Manual SEDAN | TEAM White | Verso tuned @ ASG 240 Hp & 372 Nm hub dyno| STi | BBK M turbo | GriMspeed | Brembo | Valentine V1 | ECUdatascan | PROVA | HKS | Zero Sports | Phat Performance Parts | ACME | Whiteline | Enkei | Dixcel | Cusco
" . . . and on the 8th day God made Subaru . . . on the 9th supposedly the V8 . . . and on the 10th turbo lag so the V8s would think they had a chance "
GTB Liberty

Car: MY08 Liberty GT Spec B
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?t=5714

Postby champ » Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:36 pm

GTB Liberty wrote:When I'm a little freer I'll take it for a more spirited drive check out the change more.

I've been flat out at work lately... but I suppose I can find some spare time to help you make that more spirited drive & report back. :lol:
champ
-stickered-

Car: MY07 GT Spec.B Tuned by STi 6MT OBP

Postby GTB Liberty » Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:46 pm

We do need to get together to check the tune - eh Champ.
MY08 Liberty GT Spec B Manual SEDAN | TEAM White | Verso tuned @ ASG 240 Hp & 372 Nm hub dyno| STi | BBK M turbo | GriMspeed | Brembo | Valentine V1 | ECUdatascan | PROVA | HKS | Zero Sports | Phat Performance Parts | ACME | Whiteline | Enkei | Dixcel | Cusco
" . . . and on the 8th day God made Subaru . . . on the 9th supposedly the V8 . . . and on the 10th turbo lag so the V8s would think they had a chance "
GTB Liberty

Postby GTB Liberty » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:50 pm

Further efforts to JDM heaven received and installed the JDM ABS and Battery covers:

NB: Not my car in above image.
GTB Liberty

OEM above versus GTB Liberty's engine bay

Postby GTB Liberty » Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:45 pm

Personally I'm thinking mine looks better now. Love the blue theme.
GTB Liberty

Hyperflow purchase

Postby GTB Liberty » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:58 pm

Just took the Hyperflow off of Jimmy S.

Now to get some bucks together for the AOS, Grimmspeed BCS and Hyperflow to be installed and re-tune. :D
GTB Liberty

Postby Kekotic » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:11 pm

Looking real nice mate, keep up the good work!
Kekotic
-stickered-

Noises _ I hear noises.

Postby GTB Liberty » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:50 pm

I know I've talked to a few people about some "hard cornering" noises that have appeared lately. Well a quick "blat" with Doug suggests that with a good amount of steering angle, a bit of WOT, and some audacious left foot braking that it's my dump pipe fouling the steering knuckle as the engine torques around. Remedy might be as simple as a refit and moving the dump pipe on the mounts. For interest - the issue ONLY appeared AFTER the tune.

So to all of you that said "no not your diff" - Yep you were right. Wasn't a wheel bearing or CV either.

Would a Subaru dealer have found the issue? I think not

Big "Hai" to all that were hanging around STechnic. Thanks to Dougie for quickly finding the issue.
GTB Liberty

Phatman after sale service

Postby GTB Liberty » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:04 pm

A bump for the Phatman as he called first thing this morning to ascertain what is going on with my dump pipe fouling. Gave some ideas - but essentially wants to follow up.

Excellent after sales service Michael :)

I'd like to make it clear that I don't believe it is the Phatman's DP design that is the issue.

I know that the exhaust shop that put it on did a shoddy job. I'm guessing it's a combination of many factors which I'll report back on.
GTB Liberty

Postby mod » Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:34 pm

wooo thanks for some great reading you have talked me into getting a phat d/p!!! yourr cars looking great
mod
formerly modman

Car: 08 liberty sti

Re: Phatman after sale service

Postby GTB Liberty » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:03 pm

GTB Liberty wrote:A bump for the Phatman as he called first thing this morning to ascertain what is going on with my dump pipe fouling. Gave some ideas - but essentially wants to follow up.

I'd like to make it clear that I don't believe it is the Phatman's DP design that is the issue.

I know that the exhaust shop that put it on did a shoddy job. I'm guessing it's a combination of many factors which I'll report back on.

Well, finally got under the car today and based on the damage to the dump pipe (which is very minimal) it is obvious that the dump pipe is fouling the steering knuckle. Will be getting onto the Phatman to source some tougher mounts.

Does anyone have suggestions for stronger mounts that won't make the interior NVH/sound like I welded the engine to the chassis?
GTB Liberty

Re: Phatman after sale service

Postby PHAT GT » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:55 pm

GTB Liberty wrote:
GTB Liberty wrote:A bump for the Phatman as he called first thing this morning to ascertain what is going on with my dump pipe fouling. Gave some ideas - but essentially wants to follow up.

Well, finally got under the car today and based on the damage to the dump pipe (which is very minimal) it is obvious that the dump pipe is fouling the steering knuckle. Will be getting onto the Phatman to source some tougher mounts.

Does anyone have suggestions for stronger mounts that won't make the interior NVH/sound like I welded the engine to the chassis?

Andrew... i have just the mounts for you to fix up the super sloppy factory mounts and i have them instock

with some hard driving and added power the factory mount get tired fast

you are the 3rd person to have this problem but its an easy fix for not much coin

Michael

WINNERS DONT DO DIFFERENT THINGS , THEY JUST DO THINGS DIFFERENT
PHAT GT

Postby Kekotic » Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:09 pm

Removed
Last edited by Kekotic on Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kekotic
-stickered-

Postby Jimmy S » Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:30 am

Cough Cough... HSD's... Cough! ;)
Current Ride: 2007 Audi RS4

http://www.ToonMyRide.com.au
Jimmy S

Car: Audi RS4

PreviousNext