MY08 Liberty GT Spec B Team White 6Man

Show off what mods you've done to your car.

Re: MY08 Liberty GT Spec B Team White 6Man

Postby GTSPECB STI » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:55 am

LOL Andrew I am with Jimmy on this one. No issues here but all care taken.
MY10 Forester XTP
GTSPECB STI
-stickered-

Postby GTB Liberty » Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:58 pm

GTSPECB STI wrote:LOL Andrew I am with Jimmy on this one. No issues here but all care taken.

That's only because down here in Mexico driveways look like off road courses ;) LOL

Yea - I guess I just wasn't used to it. Having less issues now as I take things slower around kerbs/cross overs. Mind you - when I insert Dave's Sti pinks it'll be lower again :)

Assuming I'm still getting em dave?
MY08 Liberty GT Spec B Manual SEDAN | TEAM White | Verso tuned @ ASG 240 Hp & 372 Nm hub dyno| STi | BBK M turbo | GriMspeed | Brembo | Valentine V1 | ECUdatascan | PROVA | HKS | Zero Sports | Phat Performance Parts | ACME | Whiteline | Enkei | Dixcel | Cusco
" . . . and on the 8th day God made Subaru . . . on the 9th supposedly the V8 . . . and on the 10th turbo lag so the V8s would think they had a chance "
GTB Liberty

Car: MY08 Liberty GT Spec B
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?t=5714

Postby GTSPECB STI » Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:36 pm

when are you going to pick up the sti pinks from switzerland? I will have to put them out on the verge on monday as the council is doing a collection starting monday :lol:
MY10 Forester XTP
GTSPECB STI
-stickered-

Sti pinks

Postby GTB Liberty » Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:29 pm

Well having adopted a set of Sti pinks guess I'll have to find some time to put em in the car.

Anyone have an idea how much lower the pinks are compared to OEM springs n billies?

EDIT - Seems that its a miserly 5 mm.
MY08 Liberty GT Spec B Manual SEDAN | TEAM White | Verso tuned @ ASG 240 Hp & 372 Nm hub dyno| STi | BBK M turbo | GriMspeed | Brembo | Valentine V1 | ECUdatascan | PROVA | HKS | Zero Sports | Phat Performance Parts | ACME | Whiteline | Enkei | Dixcel | Cusco
" . . . and on the 8th day God made Subaru . . . on the 9th supposedly the V8 . . . and on the 10th turbo lag so the V8s would think they had a chance "
GTB Liberty

The NEXT stage

Postby GTB Liberty » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:04 pm

Hey all,

Well the parts collection is building and I'm saving to install both the Phat DP, the Sti pink springs and a tune. With the tune I will be getting a custom centre BUT will be keeping the original mufflers ATM as I just can't see the funds coming to get others ATM.

Really looking forward to the upcoming changes as the DBW stutter, to be tuned out, is seriously starting to give me the shits.
GTB Liberty

Postby GTB Liberty » Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:00 pm

Some further additions are on its way.

Zero Sport Limited Edition Oil and Radiator Caps
JDM Sti "Shadow Chrome" Silver Enkei rims in 18 x 8 +48 - Finally something that'll clear Brembos and WIDER than AUDM Sti :)
Phat dump pipe has arrived.

So now it's save for installs of the various sprngs, DP, get a tune and look at new rubber.

I'm personally looking at either 235/40 18, 225/40 18 or 225/45 18 probably in Pirelli Zero Nero or Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymetrical. The Bridgestones are just simply to much money and in most of the sizes including OEM I am being told not available. I even got someone saying that the ADZ RE050As are not being manufactured any more.

Any opinions or issues with rims and tyres with the PINKs that anyone can think of? Anyone used the Goodyears?
GTB Liberty

Postby cruisn » Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:22 pm

I had Pirelli P zero nero's previously. No where near as good as the Bridgestone Potenzas i had before them and the Kuhmo KU36's ive got now are far superior to both for handling (except for the wear rating :D ).

Id steer clear of the Pirelli nero's.
cruisn

Car: MY02 GTB E Tune

Dump Pipe installed

Postby GTB Liberty » Sat May 08, 2010 11:54 am

Gday all,

Finally got my Phat Performance Parts Dump Pipe Version 2 (PPP DP - :) ) installed and well . . . it now pulls like a freight train. The PPP DP was 3" mandrel bent mild steel with ceramic coating inside and out. It also has a large bell mouth with splitter for the waste-gate. Got it installed by Mettams in Morley (a bit of a drive) and Pat was a great help. All went without any fuss and in no time at all. The pipe was well accepted by the Mettam's boys and the fit was a "breeze" in comparison to "other dump pipes" that they had fitted. Essentially, another vote for Phat's exceptional work in making sure his dump pipes are the correct fit for our AUDM cars. Currently, the PPP DP is attached with the 2 1/2" OEM centre and OEM GT mufflers. The PPP DP have a 3" piece to replace the 2 1/2" outlet if a 3" system is installed. This easy swap with only two bolts was a big plus for me.

I did do an ECU reset immediately after the install and drove the car home - what a drive it was. The increased spooling response is obvious as is the increased flow. Having to get used to all kind of new noises but none are obtrusive. Induction noise is greater, the OEM BOV is obvious now but the in cabin sound with windows up is a negligible increase. Most wouldn't notice.

Previous boost maximums were in the 14.8-15.1 range. Now , the highest I have logged is 16.24 psi. No "spikes" yet. So, approx 1.2 PSI increase or 8% and that 8% seems to be translating into Kw by the bum dyno.

I drove home and the ambient air temp was approx 24-25 degree C. When I finally caught up with my girl and took her for a drive it was night and closer to 14 degree c. A scary moment for me was when we went for a run there was many moments of massive air rushing sounds with a noticeable decrease in boost. Initially I was wondering if I had popped a post turbo gasket or hose. I believe I have worked it out to being the waste-gate opening. The "air rush" noise was very loud and something I never noticed previous to the PPP DP. I have put it down to the ECU managing the much colder air leading to much higher boost and a just reset ECU to gate out. The gating sound is now able to be heard via the HUGE splitter section of the PPP DP in comparison to the flat section on the OEM DP. Regardless, was a very new sound and initially had me preturbed. This morning I went and logged again with 16.1 Psi max. Opinions please.

All in all - a great mod. Very happy I waited and got the PPP DP. Would I buy it again - a big YES. Now I'm looking forward to a Verso tune to extract some more torques and neddies from the engine. :D
GTB Liberty

Dump pipe issue

Postby GTB Liberty » Sun May 09, 2010 8:31 pm

Well fuel economy is out the window. 20% of a tank for 34 Km!

I think its gone into fail safe mode. FARK

Any opinions?
GTB Liberty

Re: Dump pipe issue

Postby sundayDriver » Sun May 09, 2010 11:58 pm

GTB Liberty wrote:Well fuel economy is out the window. 20% of a tank for 34 Km!

Any opinions?

if you're talking about your own car's fuel economy, then maybe it's because you're driving it harder. I got a phat dump pipe and tune. I don't think the dump had any effect on economy, but the tune was a little rich to keep things safe.

try doing an economy run and if the car is tuned, don't trust the ECU reading, do it on a per tank (vs km) basis.
It's the fastest who gets paid, it's the fastest who gets laid.
sundayDriver

Postby smythie » Mon May 10, 2010 12:14 am

yeah, if you're worried about it, fill the tank up and see how much it has used.

But sounds like time for a tune
Flag Bitch

MY06 3.0RB
smythie

Car: MY06 3RB - Blue

Re: Dump pipe issue

Postby senator » Mon May 10, 2010 1:13 pm

GTB Liberty wrote:Well fuel economy is out the window. 20% of a tank for 34 Km!

Any opinions?

if its in safe mode you will get the cell light appear, no sports sharp mode and flashing cruise light....... my car currently has a full tbe and fuel usages in the city cycle sits at about 15-16l/100, on the country cycle its around 10ish.

you will notice the odd snap crackle and pop due to the rich oem tune.

once you get your car tuned you can expect better then oem fuel consumption reading........

btw everyone tends to use the WOT when a dump is first intalled, its take some time to get use to the increase in response....... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Not a soobi anymore, but still slightly dirty
"TEAM TONY"
senator

Fuel Economy

Postby GTB Liberty » Mon May 10, 2010 1:55 pm

Well . . . I will admit I've been doing some lead foot driving lately BUT now at 54 Km on 1/4 tank :shock: Unfortunately, the cars in for some rear bar repairs for at least 3 days so I won't be able to do an economy tank trial till later this week. I am going away to the country on the 21st so that might be the best time to try an economy run. It is starting to worry me, as although I like the much better performance, I'm not prepared to accept (currently) approx 250 Km per tank.

Senator - I definitely don't have any CEL or other lights flashing so must just be an excessive use of WOT. No snap, crackles or pops either.

So - looks like the tune is the next step and , hopefully, a return to some better fuel economy.
GTB Liberty

Fuel Economy

Postby GTB Liberty » Mon May 10, 2010 5:18 pm

Just got a call from the Michael (Phat Performance) and he suggested that the increase in fuel usage is NOT normal. His suggestion was to check whether the exhaust was leaking at the turbo / DP connection or at the DP / centre pipe connection. Guess I have to wait for it to get back from the smash repairers.

His call came due to my posts here - talk about after sales service :)
GTB Liberty

Re: Fuel Economy

Postby senator » Mon May 10, 2010 5:24 pm

GTB Liberty wrote:Just got a call from the Michael (Phat Performance) and he suggested that the increase in fuel usage is NOT normal. His suggestion was to check whether the exhaust was leaking at the turbo / DP connection or at the DP / centre pipe connection. Guess I have to wait for it to get back from the smash repairers.

His call came due to my posts here - talk about after sales service :)

gotta love the Phat man....... your in safe hands.

make sure those bolts are tight and gasket is seated correctly....... and don't forget the O2 sensor is tightened
Not a soobi anymore, but still slightly dirty
"TEAM TONY"
senator

PreviousNext

Return to Post your mods