MY08 Liberty GT Spec B Team White 6Man

Show off what mods you've done to your car.

Re: MY08 Liberty GT Spec B Team White 6Man

Postby Spec B Wgn » Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:42 pm

love those rims mate..
This cowboy walks in to a German car showroom and he says 'Audi!'
Spec B Wgn

Postby GTSPECB STI » Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:32 am

I find that quit odd Andrew, our VW GT (aussie delivered) has launch control function and it works a treat.
MY10 Forester XTP
GTSPECB STI
-stickered-

Sti Rims & Tiguan

Postby GTB Liberty » Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:03 pm

teK-- wrote:Your car's coming up very nicely, I love the 18x8 Enkeis :D

Also as much as I loath when our locally delivered cars get features chopped, I still appreciate the upside which is that the model may otherwise not have been commercially viable to bring to Australia. I'd rather the former than have to resort to a grey import.

Spec B Wgn wrote:love those rims mate..

Thanks for the comments about the rims - they are very good looking. Really should get em ON the car ;( I do agree with you as well Tek - never been a fan of the "grey" import situation.

coyote wrote:I found the launch control clutch switch while fiddling in the pedal box one day.

Who knows, enabling it might involve not a lot more than a software patch.

Coyote - you do mean on the Liberty? I would be very interested to know if I could arrange launch control on the Lib.

GTSPECB STI wrote:I find that quit odd Andrew, our VW GT (aussie delivered) has launch control function and it works a treat.

It was a very cursory test Dave. My girl was in the car and wasn't liking the "noises" so I didn't try very hard. Perhaps when we get together to compare the Tiguan and your Foz we'll give it a better go ;)
MY08 Liberty GT Spec B Manual SEDAN | TEAM White | Verso tuned @ ASG 240 Hp & 372 Nm hub dyno| STi | BBK M turbo | GriMspeed | Brembo | Valentine V1 | ECUdatascan | PROVA | HKS | Zero Sports | Phat Performance Parts | ACME | Whiteline | Enkei | Dixcel | Cusco
" . . . and on the 8th day God made Subaru . . . on the 9th supposedly the V8 . . . and on the 10th turbo lag so the V8s would think they had a chance "
GTB Liberty

Car: MY08 Liberty GT Spec B
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?t=5714

Re: Sti Rims & Tiguan

Postby coyote » Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:11 pm

GTB Liberty wrote:
coyote wrote:I found the launch control clutch switch while fiddling in the pedal box one day.

Who knows, enabling it might involve not a lot more than a software patch.

Coyote - you do mean on the Liberty? I would be very interested to know if I could arrange launch control on the Lib.

Yes, on the Liberty.

That's all I know. Launch control is not something I'm interested in.

** Team Tony **
coyote

Re: Sti Rims & Tiguan

Postby coyote » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:48 am

GTB Liberty wrote:Coyote - you do mean on the Liberty? I would be very interested to know if I could arrange launch control on the Lib.

http://tinywrex.x10hosting.com/online/

** Team Tony **
coyote

Rims and Rubber

Postby GTB Liberty » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:34 pm

Well after a long wait to wear out the OEM RE050a - finally got the new rubber ordered. Went to a well known Perth road/race tyre expert - Wheels World. Have decided on the Yokohama ADVAN V103. Trial fit showed the tyre / rim combination fit well - certainly no strut clearance issues. Could have possibly pushed a bit wider and gone for the 235/40 but decided to stay with the 225/40. Will gain a little acceleration with the lower rolling diameter from 215/45 OEM tyres. Going for the Wheels World "stage 1" sports street alignment after discussions with John about my driving style / use of vehicle.

All in all - couldn't be happier. All the rubber, rims and alignment to occur tomorrow.
MY08 Liberty GT Spec B Manual SEDAN | TEAM White | Verso tuned @ ASG 240 Hp & 372 Nm hub dyno| STi | BBK M turbo | GriMspeed | Brembo | Valentine V1 | ECUdatascan | PROVA | HKS | Zero Sports | Phat Performance Parts | ACME | Whiteline | Enkei | Dixcel | Cusco
" . . . and on the 8th day God made Subaru . . . on the 9th supposedly the V8 . . . and on the 10th turbo lag so the V8s would think they had a chance "
GTB Liberty

Postby senator » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:32 pm

about time... :lol: :lol: :lol: .. make sure you post up some pics.
Not a soobi anymore, but still slightly dirty
"TEAM TONY"
senator

INSTALL Sti ENKEI 18x8 +48 with 225/40 Yoko ADVANS V103

Postby GTB Liberty » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:46 pm

Having seen the rims on the car all I can say is OMFG - talk about FILL the guards :shock: No wonder he's called the "PHATman" :D

The new look is simply brilliant Photos are being uploaded. Will post ASAP.
GTB Liberty

New rims - Photos

Postby GTB Liberty » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:34 pm

Certainly fills the guards now,
track is a "bit" wider,
with just a bit of camber for cornering grip,
this photo makes me wonder about lowering the car though. I'm thinking the tyres will foul the guards.
Last edited by GTB Liberty on Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
GTB Liberty

Postby Arith » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:28 pm

Any side pics of the car where we can actually SEE the wheels? :D

[ Former Liberty ... Slightly Modified -> Click
here for modifications & profile ]
Arith
-stickered-

Car: MY11 Volvo S60 T6

Postby Kekotic » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:40 pm

Yeah kind of dumb posting all these 'teaser' pics.
Not teasing me at all, I can go out in my garage and see that.
Kekotic
-stickered-

Car: MY07 Liberty GT Spec.B
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13066

Postby GTB Liberty » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:22 pm

Arith wrote:Any side pics of the car where we can actually SEE the wheels? :D

I thought these ones were the most boring ;)
Side on it just looks like a "normal" Sti rim on a Lib.
Yes, there does seem to be a hell of a lot of room for new callipers in there. So much room there's an echo. The rims are also attached with some "gunmetal" Dura-Aluminium wheels nuts for even more weight saving and security.

I'll note that general comments about brake callipers (or lack of) will not be taken well considering the effort to get here :?
GTB Liberty

OEM Bilstien Suspension Travel & Lowering Vehicle

Postby GTB Liberty » Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:26 pm

Guys,

Would anyone be able to tell me what the Bilstein's with OEM Springs suspension maximum travel is?

IE - how far will the rear wheel lift before hitting it's stop and same for the front?

Secondly, I just can't see how I can lower the vehicle without fouling the guards. Anyone care to give an opinion based on the photos? I'm not keen on rolling guards but even then?
GTB Liberty

Postby Arith » Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:30 pm

Yes, I was going to suggest a lowering next! You can fit a small human child's head in that fender gap. :D

But no, you shouldn't get any issues or rubbing with factory STi wheels. They are only 7.5" wide and have a massive +55mm offset.

[ Former Liberty ... Slightly Modified -> Click
here for modifications & profile ]
Arith
-stickered-

Car: MY11 Volvo S60 T6

Postby birch_security » Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:01 pm

Arith wrote:Byt no, you shouldn't get any issues or rubbing with factory STi wheels. They are only 7.5" wide and have a massive +55mm offset.

Jim, this rims r 18x8 with 48 offset. Phat special.
Previous car: MY03 Liberty RX 2.5 Manual Sedan Silver
Current car: MY07 GT-Spec.B Manual Sedan Black
birch_security

Car: MY07 GT-Spec.B

PreviousNext

Return to Post your mods