MY08 Liberty GT Spec B Team White 6Man

Show off what mods you've done to your car.

Thread Themes - Procrastination v Holiday

Postby GTB Liberty » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:52 pm

Jimmy S wrote:Hurry up Andrew... get it on already! :roll:

A few small holes with cable ties is all thats required other than the 5 big clips that are already in position on the GTB's! :D

GTSPECB STI wrote:LOL my CF lip install used the same oem bolts and poppets as the factory installed polyurethane lip end of story. Piss easy mate so get it done :lol:

Why do these themes keep appearing in my thread - LOL. :) Guys until my 7 yr old son goes back to Melbourne my holiday priorities are with him (couple o weeks). Better things to accomplish ATM.

So . . . you'll just have to live with my procrastination :mrgreen: . The engine upgrade collection has just started as well, so . . . get the popcorn and beer, sit back and relax. It's an epic :!: :wink:
MY08 Liberty GT Spec B Manual SEDAN | TEAM White | Verso tuned @ ASG 240 Hp & 372 Nm hub dyno| STi | BBK M turbo | GriMspeed | Brembo | Valentine V1 | ECUdatascan | PROVA | HKS | Zero Sports | Phat Performance Parts | ACME | Whiteline | Enkei | Dixcel | Cusco
" . . . and on the 8th day God made Subaru . . . on the 9th supposedly the V8 . . . and on the 10th turbo lag so the V8s would think they had a chance "
GTB Liberty

Car: MY08 Liberty GT Spec B
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?t=5714

Re: MY08 Liberty GT Spec B Team White 6Man

Postby GTSPECB STI » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:25 pm

a 7 year old could do this lip install Andrew :lol:

Good opportunity to get his hands dirty with you I reckon.
MY10 Forester XTP
GTSPECB STI
-stickered-

Postby Jimmy S » Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:05 pm

from memory, the entire installation in my garage took around about 12mins...

Surely you could pop out and do this while he's eating lunch! :wink:
Current Ride: 2007 Audi RS4

http://www.ToonMyRide.com.au
Jimmy S

Car: Audi RS4

Engine MODS - collection time

Postby GTB Liberty » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:27 pm

Well, hoping i've made the list for a Phat DP. Slowly going to start collecting various bits (TMIC, dump pipe, centre pipe, mufflers, etc) so that I can head to a tuner and start to "turn up the screws" on the motor.

Looking for a healthy 200 KW+ at the wheels which I think will be the limit on the current OEM snail.
MY08 Liberty GT Spec B Manual SEDAN | TEAM White | Verso tuned @ ASG 240 Hp & 372 Nm hub dyno| STi | BBK M turbo | GriMspeed | Brembo | Valentine V1 | ECUdatascan | PROVA | HKS | Zero Sports | Phat Performance Parts | ACME | Whiteline | Enkei | Dixcel | Cusco
" . . . and on the 8th day God made Subaru . . . on the 9th supposedly the V8 . . . and on the 10th turbo lag so the V8s would think they had a chance "
GTB Liberty

Postby GTSPECB STI » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:11 pm

good to hear but I suggest you will get no more than 175 kw atw with ASG verso tune with those mods Andrew, 180 kw if your lucky. If you have MMS tune it then expect no more than 160 kw atw. Dont get bogged down with numbers though.
MY10 Forester XTP
GTSPECB STI
-stickered-

#136 Lip finds a home

Postby GTB Liberty » Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:07 pm

Jimmy S wrote:from memory, the entire installation in my garage took around about 12mins...

Surely you could pop out and do this while he's eating lunch! :wink:

GTSPECB STI wrote:a 7 year old could do this lip install Andrew :lol:

Good opportunity to get his hands dirty with you I reckon.

#136 lip has , finally, another home ( Thanks Dave :mrgreen: ) and is looking pretty good to me. Completely changes the look to being much more aggressive and less pedestrian (if you could ever say that about a GTB).

So, off the iphone so sorry about the quality:

Some think I should colour code it . . . BUT No. It's an OEM Sti and I just won't do it.
GTB Liberty

Postby GTSPECB STI » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:29 am

hooray and about time :D
MY10 Forester XTP
GTSPECB STI
-stickered-

Postby GTB Liberty » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:35 am

GTSPECB STI wrote:hooray and about time :D

You making lunch this week ? Wanna bring the silicon.
GTB Liberty

Postby Digital » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:46 am

lookin good mate!

go team white!

PS i think u should paint the grill.........looks a lot meaner! also will match ur lip! :mrgreen:
MY08 2.5i - Satin Pearl White - Sat Nav [TEAM WHITE]
Digital
-stickered-

Car: MY08 2.5i Sedan - TEAM WHITE
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5767&start=0

Postby GTSPECB STI » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:48 am

GTB Liberty wrote:
GTSPECB STI wrote:hooray and about time :D

You making lunch this week ? Wanna bring the silicon.

sure can
MY10 Forester XTP
GTSPECB STI
-stickered-

Postby GTB Liberty » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:50 pm

Digital wrote:lookin good mate!

go team white!

PS i think u should paint the grill.........looks a lot meaner! also will match ur lip! :mrgreen:

Not at the moment as the desire is to be as OEM as I can on the externals. Hence the JDM grill and Sti lip.
GTB Liberty

Postby Digital » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:35 pm

how about OEM S402???

:mrgreen:

PS sorry dont mean to hijack ur thread with other pics...... lemme know if u want me to delete it
MY08 2.5i - Satin Pearl White - Sat Nav [TEAM WHITE]
Digital
-stickered-

Car: MY08 2.5i Sedan - TEAM WHITE
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5767&start=0

Postby GTB Liberty » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:11 pm

The pictures fine - that WOULD be the ultimate but very expensive to achieve.

I believe S402 OEM rims and brakes would be approx $16k before install - OUCH.
GTB Liberty

Lips and carpark concrete

Postby GTB Liberty » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:35 pm

Well, being well aware that the Sti lip would make the front lower and more vulnerable I've done checks on the various regular parking places.

Yep - bar a LOW garden edge at home which the car still clears. Everywhere I normally go and park is now a Sti LIP EATER :shock:

Oh well , very particular about parking spots now.

The use of cable ties to attach across the front seems very wise now.
GTB Liberty

Postby Jimmy S » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:33 am

Serious?.. With stock lift kit suspension you're still having clearance issues!? :?

With the Tein's and the lip on mine, I can still get over heaps more bumps/kerb's etc than I'm used to!... Love it! I wanna go lower! :wink:
Current Ride: 2007 Audi RS4

http://www.ToonMyRide.com.au
Jimmy S

Car: Audi RS4

PreviousNext

Return to Post your mods