MY08 Liberty GT Spec B Team White 6Man

Show off what mods you've done to your car.

Re: MY08 Liberty GT Spec B Team White 6Man

Postby Arith » Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:18 pm

birch_security wrote:Jim, this rims r 18x8 with 48 offset. Phat special.

Ahh. My apologies then! In that case just lower it and see how it goes. You may still be able to get away with it.

[ Former Liberty ... Slightly Modified -> Click
here for modifications & profile ]
Arith
-stickered-

Car: MY11 Volvo S60 T6

Postby drndrn » Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:17 pm

You should be fine with 18x8 +48. Plenty of room.
Diamond Grey 2.5i Heritage
drndrn
-stickered-

Car: MY08 Subaru Liberty

Postby GTB Liberty » Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:54 pm

Arith wrote:Yes, I was going to suggest a lowering next! You can fit a small human child's head in that fender gap. :D But no, you shouldn't get any issues or rubbing with factory STi wheels. They are only 7.5" wide and have a massive +55mm offset.

birch_security wrote:
Arith wrote:Byt no, you shouldn't get any issues or rubbing with factory STi wheels. They are only 7.5" wide and have a massive +55mm offset.

Jim, this rims r 18x8 with 48 offset. Phat special.

Arith wrote:
birch_security wrote:Jim, this rims r 18x8 with 48 offset. Phat special.

Ahh. My apologies then! In that case just lower it and see how it goes. You may still be able to get away with it.

Don't think so Jim - without rolling the guards I think not a chance. That's why I was enquiring about the suspension travel. Take a look of the side on photos. The reason I had so many was to show how massively they fill the guards.

I have a set of Sti pinks and potentially a set of TEINS. I know the Sti Pink's aren't a huge drop where as the TEINS are (on that note - anyone with an offset +48 rim 8" with TEIN springs on? Photo please?). I'm starting to think that the pinks are the way to go due to the clearance - maybe just leave the OEM springs? It is a daily driver and does go country in WA often. Not known for the smoothest roads over here.

Seriously though, I knew the Phat special 18x8" +48 would fill the guards, but I thought they would sit inwards a little more than they ultimately seem to do.
MY08 Liberty GT Spec B Manual SEDAN | TEAM White | Verso tuned @ ASG 240 Hp & 372 Nm hub dyno| STi | BBK M turbo | GriMspeed | Brembo | Valentine V1 | ECUdatascan | PROVA | HKS | Zero Sports | Phat Performance Parts | ACME | Whiteline | Enkei | Dixcel | Cusco
" . . . and on the 8th day God made Subaru . . . on the 9th supposedly the V8 . . . and on the 10th turbo lag so the V8s would think they had a chance "
GTB Liberty

Car: MY08 Liberty GT Spec B
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?t=5714

Postby GTB Liberty » Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:55 pm

drndrn wrote:You should be fine with 18x8 +48. Plenty of room.

Please someone just show me a photo to confirm :)
MY08 Liberty GT Spec B Manual SEDAN | TEAM White | Verso tuned @ ASG 240 Hp & 372 Nm hub dyno| STi | BBK M turbo | GriMspeed | Brembo | Valentine V1 | ECUdatascan | PROVA | HKS | Zero Sports | Phat Performance Parts | ACME | Whiteline | Enkei | Dixcel | Cusco
" . . . and on the 8th day God made Subaru . . . on the 9th supposedly the V8 . . . and on the 10th turbo lag so the V8s would think they had a chance "
GTB Liberty

Postby drndrn » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:51 am

I haven't got a photo at the moment, but let me say I've got 18x8 +42, so they should stick out 6mm more than your rims and it was fine. My car is lowered on coilovers, much lower than the TEIN set up I had or any STi pink set up. The only issue I had was that when I had a full car load of mates (big guys), the rear would rub quite badly. I would try get a picture for you but I've since had my guards rolled and a slight pull so now my rims look sunken in.
Diamond Grey 2.5i Heritage
drndrn
-stickered-

Car: MY08 Subaru Liberty

Postby THERB3 » Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:42 pm

Mine stick out a little like your above picture but I am on 19x8 +49 offset and the they are fine.

But as to be on the safe side I rolled my gaurds cause Teins coilovers were installed.

Good luck.
MY05 Subaru Liberty Wagon 3.0RB Silver 6MT

Modifications:
19" Rays/Volk GT30 Wheels :: Hi Tech Mufflers :: HKS Panel Filter :: STi Front Lip :: 6000K HID Driving/Fog Lights :: LED Parkers/Licence/Map/Dome :: Brembo Package :: V-Tune :: Tein Flex Coilovers & EDFC Controller :: HKC Carbon Bonnet Scoop :: Hanabi Smoked LED Rear Tail Lights :: Eyelids :: Goodridge Braided Lines :: JDM Front Bar :: Corazon Grille :: Pioneer AVH-X8650BT / Alpine PDX5 Amp

Current Plans:
Whiteline SwayBars ::
THERB3
-stickered-

Car: MY05 Subaru Liberty 3.0RB Wagon

Postby Jimmy S » Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:16 pm

1 - 1.5 degrees of negative camber and you can go as low as you want with them... shouldnt be an issue...

I've got 19 x 8 +45 and the rears tuck with the TEIN's and a bootfull of heavy stuff! No rolled guards, only factory camber adjustment, never even a hint of a rub!
Current Ride: 2007 Audi RS4

http://www.ToonMyRide.com.au
Jimmy S

Car: Audi RS4

Postby senator » Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:07 pm

Jimmy S wrote:1 - 1.5 degrees of negative camber and you can go as low as you want with them... shouldnt be an issue...

I've got 19 x 8 +45 and the rears tuck with the TEIN's and a bootfull of heavy stuff! No rolled guards, only factory camber adjustment, never even a hint of a rub!

+1 i have tein s tech, my sti rims sit about 20 mm into the guards....... you could safely fit a 15mm spacer and not have too worry about touching your guards.
Not a soobi anymore, but still slightly dirty
"TEAM TONY"
senator

Postby fatfrog02 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:04 am

GTB Liberty wrote:
I have a set of Sti pinks and potentially a set of TEINS. I know the Sti Pink's aren't a huge drop where as the TEINS are (on that note - anyone with an offset +48 rim 8" with TEIN springs on? Photo please?). I'm starting to think that the pinks are the way to go due to the clearance - maybe just leave the OEM springs? It is a daily driver and does go country in WA often. Not known for the smoothest roads over here.

Seriously though, I knew the Phat special 18x8" +48 would fill the guards, but I thought they would sit inwards a little more than they ultimately seem to do.

I have 18x7.5 and offset +48 or +47 can't remember which exactly, running OEM 215/45/18 tyres. I have Tein S-techs and would say that my set up is very close to touching the guards on the back. There is probably less then 5mm clearance, with negative camber dialed in already.

I would say that your set up with 18x8 and 225/40 tyres will rub on the back guards if lowered on S-techs.
Last edited by fatfrog02 on Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fatfrog02

Postby lozza » Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:08 pm

Hey Andrew,

any chance of test fitting your "potential teins" :?:

I just went to 235 x 40, mainly for the same reason- our lovely roads in the west.

curious to see if the teins would fit now :!:

how much do they drop the car from pinks?

cheers
laurie
TEAM BLACK slightly modified

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9232&start=0
lozza

Car: 07LibGTBtbSTI

Postby Jimmy S » Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:34 pm

fatfrog02 wrote:
GTB Liberty wrote:

I have 18x7.5 and offset +48 or +47 can't remember which exactly, running OEM 215/45/18 tyres. I have Tein S-techs and would say that my set up is very close to touching the guards on the back. There is probably less then 5mm clearance, with negative camber dialed in already.

I would say that your set up with 18x8 and 225/40 tyres will rub on the back guards if lowered on S-techs.

I'd be really suprised if there is any rubbing... especially on the rear which has a slightly skinnier track than the front wheels... As I've already mentioned, 235's on 19" x 8"s with a lower offset fit with zero rub, and it is lowered on S-Tech's as well currently!
Current Ride: 2007 Audi RS4

http://www.ToonMyRide.com.au
Jimmy S

Car: Audi RS4

Postby GTB Liberty » Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:12 am

lozza wrote:Hey Andrew,

any chance of test fitting your "potential teins" :?:

I just went to 235 x 40, mainly for the same reason- our lovely roads in the west.

curious to see if the teins would fit now :!:

how much do they drop the car from pinks?

cheers
laurie

Lozza, I'd have to get the Tines off of the seller. Was planning on doing that at some stage. So if I understand you want to test fit in your car? It's a bit of a process.

Jimmy S wrote:
fatfrog02 wrote:
GTB Liberty wrote:

I'd be really suprised if there is any rubbing... especially on the rear which has a slightly skinnier track than the front wheels... As I've already mentioned, 235's on 19" x 8"s with a lower offset fit with zero rub, and it is lowered on S-Tech's as well currently!

Jimmy, I'm sure the guards on your car are like the "tardis" much bigger inside then it looks from the outside - LOL.

In the end, apart from the rubbing concerns, my other concerns is negotiating driveways down in "mexico". I already have issues with some steep driveways that I have to negotiate with the OEM height.

However, further suspension mods are on hold temporarily, until I raise some more funds after the 50,000 service (with 37,000 on the clock) and new Dixcel fronts pad install occurs. I also have a tune planned - although very poorly organised as of yet.
GTB Liberty

Postby lozza » Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:15 am

Andrew,

have spoken to Jimmy about his set of S Techs since that post.

cheers

Laurie
TEAM BLACK slightly modified

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9232&start=0
lozza

Car: 07LibGTBtbSTI

Re: CEL / CRUISE flashing

Postby fatfrog02 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:50 am

GTB Liberty wrote:Guys, thought I'd throw in my CEL / cruise light flashing experience from down south drive / holiday this weekend. Only engine mods are the 3" dump pipe and HKS panel filter.

Mine was in cruise sitting on 110 when the cruise came off. Was just after some overtaking in 6th gear. Most interesting/scary was the water temp gauge was hammered vertically RED but the ECUdatscan had it in its normal 80-90 degree C range. STILL was really worried. Lost all ability to swap SI mode as well. Pulled over and ran a CEL error check - no errors? Turn off motor, physically checked the radiator for physical temp, leaks nothing abnormal. On restart still had CEL and cruise flashing BUT dash water temp return to normal position. Still logged no CEL error codes. Drove home quietly. Water temp guage went to vertical again after a while but still read 84 C on the datascan. Car off - car on guage went back to normal. Called Dave - he told me to drive it to ASG to remove CEL but safe to drive home.

Parked car overnight, in the morning NO CEL light or cruise flashing . Back to normal - it seems. Physically checked the radiator again, still had appropriate coolant levels in all tanks including overflow tank.

However, the big screw in the passenger rear tyre this morning was a bit obvious . Changed tyres before drive home. 2 months - two "screwed" RE050As.

Drove back - no CEL or any issues.

I have had the same CEL come on in similar circumstances. Cruising on motorway 110-120 kph with cruise control on. Mods at the time were Phat DP, HKS panel filter, resonatoectomy, AVO TMIC. I had to get my ECU reset about 4 times. The CEL keep coming on. Disconnecting battery would not clear CEL.

I have since got my car tuned and no more CEL.
fatfrog02

CEL errors

Postby GTB Liberty » Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:22 am

Frog,

The car only threw the error once. Since then the car has been on many trips and no errors shown.

I to am considering a tune but am probably going to await a few more intake and exhaust mods before I do.

As a side note - got to drive a 2010 Nissan 370Z in anger yesterday. OMFG what a monster . . . Even for a completely stock car it was brilliant. The engine noise on song was amazing!
GTB Liberty

PreviousNext

Return to Post your mods