Member Profile - 2Z2ZZ Gen V Wagon

Show off what mods you've done to your car.

Re: Member Profile - 2Z2ZZ Gen V Wagon

Postby bigBADbenny » Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:49 am

The whiteline link issue may have been related to their old rose joint links.
The newer items have oem style bearings but are probably still stronger than stock.

Personally as a Shockworks (GTb) and Koni (2.5i) customer, I’m a believer in stock sways, and that swaybar upgrades are *strictly* for fine tuning a track car’s handling.
bigBADbenny

Car: MY07 GT-B 6MT OBP Wagon
Profile URL: http://tinyurl.com/agvbzop

Postby LibertyTragic » Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:58 pm

bigBADbenny wrote:Personally as a Shockworks (GTb) and Koni (2.5i) customer, I’m a believer in stock sways, and that swaybar upgrades are *strictly* for fine tuning a track car’s handling.

MCA actually state their street coilovers are designed and recommended to be run with stock sways etc.
LibertyTragic

Car: 2009 Liberty GT Premium
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=36145

Postby 2z2zz.gen5 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:23 pm

Thanks for all the advice everyone, no new links yet but I put the new bar in and the knocking remained. Checked torques and adjusted the links at the top of my driveway rather than at the bottom of my garage on chocks. There's like a little hump at the top that lets me get under enough and adjust at curb weight. I've adjusted them where the adjusting collar is at it's least resistance. 1 test drive so far and the knocking has subsided.

I'd say there was pre-load of some sort, honestly no idea. Just praying it stays this way.

In other news, the new 22mm rear bar from Whiteline is such an amazing mix with the 25mm CUSCO front, the rotation around corners has increased and is a much better corner hugger compared to before.
The tuner has said that they are still conducting business as usual, hope any further restrictions hold off until after the 7th, fingers crossed.
The wheel supplier is operating normally as they are purely an online business, the wheels should still be on course for May delivery.

Here's a pic post-wash.

2z2zz.gen5

Car: 2014 Subaru Liberty GT Wagon Manual
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=36245

Postby 2z2zz.gen5 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:22 pm

Hey everyone! Feels like it's been ages since I've updated. Had a fair few things done to the wagon so time for another update :)

Had the car tuned at CnJ Motorsport for a good but slightly underwhelming result I must say, the car pulls like crazy on boost but the end result was only 174.2kw where I'd thought I'd be around the 200kw mark, didn't really get much input for the tune, they just did their thing and rang me when they were done despite me asking to hang around. I'm debating whether to get a full exhaust system and go for another retune to chase that 200kw and 18psi.

One thing I'm not too sure about is where the Invidia cat-back bolts up to, looks like I still will need a 3" center pipe (blue) to go from the dump to the start of the cat-back judging from the orientation of the connector pipe gasket (red). Any chance you can confirm Nay?

Fun fact: the tuner had to stop the reference run as the car was running extremely lean. :shock:

Wheel Supplier has had it's latest delivery but not with my set on it, we'll see in another month.
Sway bars are behaving themselves so that's all good in that department.

Next plan is getting it looking pretty and that'd be about it. Gotta remember it's a daily driver :D

Just wanna go on a bit of a cruise and photoshoot if I'm honest :lol: Can't wait for the first cruise with the guys after this lockdown is all sorted.

I'm updating on Instagram quite alot if you want to follow the build: @2z2zz.cale
2z2zz.gen5

Postby nay » Sun Apr 19, 2020 3:34 am

I wouldn't be disappointed with the result, every dyno reads differently, plus it's torque that makes subies fun rather than the kw reading. However it sucks that you couldn't have any sort of input.... especially when you asked to. Buy hey, as long as it's tuned properly and you're enjoying the difference, that's all that matters imo.

2z2zz.gen5 wrote:One thing I'm not too sure about is where the Invidia cat-back bolts up to, looks like I still will need a 3" center pipe (blue) to go from the dump to the start of the cat-back judging from the orientation of the connector pipe gasket (red). Any chance you can confirm Nay?

The Invidia exhaust bolts onto the end of the centre pipe which you marked red on the picture. You can bolt the catback directly to the factory centrepipe, but it's probably best to get that upgraded to a proper 3" one considering you have an aftermarket downpipe. AVO should sell the centrepipe that replaces the stock one. The Invidia downpipe is slightly different as the centrepiping is merged with the downpipe together.
[MY14 Liberty GT 6MT]: Tuned by MSR Engineering | Invidia Q300 TBE | Whiteline F + R Sway Bar Kit | Exedy HD Clutch | HKS Super SQV4 | Silvers Neomax S
nay

Car: MY14 Liberty GT 6MT
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=36098

Postby LibertyTragic » Sun Apr 19, 2020 1:50 pm

2z2zz.gen5 wrote:I'm debating whether to get a full exhaust system and go for another retune to chase that 200kw and 18psi.

General consensus is the J-pipe is the main restriction in the factory exhaust at these power levels (<250wkw). The LegacyGT forum guide is pretty good in discussing: https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread. ... 59192.html

You may find you spend the extra money for no gains if it really just came down to the tuner's discretion on how hard to push for power.

Also, an 18psi target peak boost is only really achievable in the low-mid range on a vf54 due to its size. Good for down low torque, but won't necessarily add up to extra peak kw.

I have a tune on mine as well with no dyno numbers (only option for me). Main intent was to correct for my mods. In a way it is probably better not to know or fuss over a number on a graph. I doubt I would be hitting the 200wkw number either, since my plug-n-play tune should be on the conservative side. The car still feels great on the "butt dyno" though :D

Also, with the exhaust, you're easiest and no fuss option is probably just to buy the rest of the AVO system :) My full system was only a few extra hundred more than the invidia with a bit of bargaining with AVO.
LibertyTragic

Postby 2z2zz.gen5 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:48 pm

Thanks for all the wisdom Nay and LibertyTragic, might look at a similar strategy to our newest user axw and just purchase the rear mufflers for a better note.

Money will go into cosmetics and mods surrounding the wheels (coils, tyres). Shame Garage 88 has closed shop for now, they're the only ones I've found that stock the STI spoiler.
Bit of inspiration below...

@oouss_ouss (Aus)

@ko_ta.nk (Japan)

@takuya.uv0513 (Japan)

@ken_a1212 (Japan)
2z2zz.gen5

Postby axw » Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:40 pm

2z2zz.gen5 wrote:Shame Garage 88 has closed shop for now, they're the only ones I've found that stock the STI spoiler.

I spoke to my local Subaru parts department in Melbourne, they could get the sti wing unpainted from Sydney for 600 and something.
axw

Postby axw » Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:41 pm

2z2zz.gen5 wrote:Shame Garage 88 has closed shop for now, they're the only ones I've found that stock the STI spoiler.

I'm looking into getting the sti spoiler myself at some point, although there will probably be a few other thing that will come before that.
But I spoke to my local Subaru parts department in Melbourne, they could get the sti spoiler unpainted from Sydney for 600 and something, if that helps.
axw

Postby superjoshism » Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:39 pm

<removed>
Last edited by superjoshism on Tue Apr 11, 2023 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
superjoshism

Postby 2z2zz.gen5 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:50 pm

superjoshism wrote:Oh man that intake sounds so good.

Got a part number from AVO? I've always found their website... dreadful :lol:

Sure thing, there's two: one with a box and one without. The box is honestly daylight robbery - $250 for a few fiberglass panels so don't bother unless you have issues surrounding legality like me (apparently pod filters have to be enclosed idk)

Without Box: $240 - Part Num: S1B10G42A070T
With Box: $605 - Part Num: S1B10G42ASET1
Box Alone: $253 - Part Num: S1B10G4UA001T

AVO has been great parts otherwise but man, the box price is just ridiculous.
2z2zz.gen5

Postby 2z2zz.gen5 » Wed May 13, 2020 10:27 pm

It's update time again, today I had a cat-back exhaust put in. Full 3" custom, mandrel bent system, fabbed up by Rob Bliss Exhaust for less than the cost of an AVO or Nvidia system off the shelf which I'm very happy about. They do everything from Toyota 86s to twin turbo Audi R8s, and the experience as a customer was next to none.

Generally in my experience, mechanics tend to act all know-it-all around me with me being younger, but these guys we're the friendliest bunch I've ever dealt with - super polite and knowledgeable, can't recommend them enough for anyone in QLD. The sound is amazing and has a great crackle/burble off throttle and on downshift. Next time I have free time to get out I'll strap some GoPro's to it and put together an audio mix to bless your ears with. For now, I have this smartphone video taken by my mate on a quiet back road. You can hear the pop right at the end of the video. Quality isn't the greatest but the sound is there.

Haven't got any photos since I've just had it this afternoon but it's black ceramic coated aluminised pipe from the centre pipe back, very clean and slick looking.

JDMConcept got another months delivery late today but haven't updated thier website inventory yet, hopefully my wheels are in this time.
2z2zz.gen5

Postby Yowie » Wed May 13, 2020 10:37 pm

Sounds pretty good.
Yowie

Car: SH Forester XT

Postby LibertyTragic » Thu May 14, 2020 12:41 am

Awesome dude, gotta be happy with that sound!
LibertyTragic

Postby 2z2zz.gen5 » Thu May 14, 2020 1:48 pm

LibertyTragic wrote:Awesome dude, gotta be happy with that sound!

Absolutely, super happy with the final result. I got my GoPros out and did a little audio mixing to make a good little video. Intake audio messed up a bit but you can still hear a bit of it. Enjoy :D :D

2z2zz.gen5

PreviousNext

Return to Post your mods