Member Profile - Tragic MY10 Liberty GT

Show off what mods you've done to your car.

Re: Member Profile - Tragic MY10 Liberty GT

Postby LibertyTragic » Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:00 pm

Completed my last mod on the original list today - addition of crystal eye headlights! These ones are sourced from Mars Performance (price has increased lately!): https://marsperformance.com.au/Black-3D ... 9-14-Wagon

Really happy with them and certainly make a difference to the look of the car (especially since my OEM set were UV damaged). Overall quality of the product is pretty good - not OEM level of quality, but not bad either for the price. Time will tell if the outer lenses stand up to UV damage. It will certainly be put to the test up here in the north of WA, so will be sure to report back on any issues. I am planning to try keep them protected with ceramic wax etc. to hopefully extend their life before needing recovery.

Seemed to be pretty straight forward swap and install - it took my auto electrician about 2.5 hours total. He was able to get away with not completely removing the bumper (FSM suggests this is required) which saved some time and said the hardest part was removing the factory HID & ballast from the OEM unit, due to tight spaces and big fingers.

Here are some pics:
LibertyTragic

Car: 2009 Liberty GT Premium
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=36145

Postby helloitsjason » Tue Aug 02, 2022 9:20 pm

Hey there nice car!

I also have a gen v with exhaust shrouds. Just curious whether you get excessive exhaust drone from sound bouncing off the shroud and back into the car.
helloitsjason
-stickered-

Car: MY14 Subaru Liberty GT Premium 6MT

Postby LibertyTragic » Sat Aug 06, 2022 2:04 am

Hey mate,

No the shrouds don’t add any drone at all. Most drone will come from the exhaust itself and differs between brands. More resonators the better if it is a major concern.

My AVO system does not drone at all. It is quite subdued in overall sound level, which I prefer.
LibertyTragic

Car: 2009 Liberty GT Premium
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=36145

Previous

Return to Post your mods