Member Profile - nay's MY14 Liberty GT

Show off what mods you've done to your car.

Re: Member Profile - nay's MY14 Liberty GT

Postby nay » Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:00 pm

Some goodies have arrived in the mail recently. I've decided to ugrade the current braking setup as the car needs new pads pretty soon. I'm going with DBA T2 rotors and Intima SR pads all around.

I'm currently looking at options for braided brake lines, it seems like Goodridge might be the way to go.

Also got a new shift knob today which looks pretty cool. It's the Perrin stainless steel large shift knob. Feels very nice in the hand and it's noticeably heavier than the STi one so shifts are quite smooth. Not sure if this was a smart idea considering the recent 40+ degree days, but only time shall tell :lol: .

[MY14 Liberty GT 6MT]: Tuned by MSR Engineering | Invidia Q300 TBE | Whiteline F + R Sway Bar Kit | Exedy HD Clutch | HKS Super SQV4 | Silvers Neomax S
nay

Car: MY14 Liberty GT 6MT
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=36098

Postby LibertyTragic » Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:43 pm

Nice.

After a long wait for my dba pads, which I had to change to the XP series as the SP were not available in Oz, I finally get my dba T3 front and T2 rears installed on Monday. Don't think i'll bother with the braided lines since I wouldn't ever test the limits of the brakes to warrant it. I don't have a lot of twisty roads where I live :)
LibertyTragic

Car: 2009 Liberty GT Premium
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=36145

Postby nay » Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:37 pm

LibertyTragic wrote:Nice.

After a long wait for my dba pads, which I had to change to the XP series as the SP were not available in Oz, I finally get my dba T3 front and T2 rears installed on Monday. Don't think i'll bother with the braided lines since I wouldn't ever test the limits of the brakes to warrant it. I don't have a lot of twisty roads where I live :)

Very nice setup. I was looking at T3 rotors, but I feel like they might be too overkill for the stock calipers. Definitely let us know what it's like once they're installed.
[MY14 Liberty GT 6MT]: Tuned by MSR Engineering | Invidia Q300 TBE | Whiteline F + R Sway Bar Kit | Exedy HD Clutch | HKS Super SQV4 | Silvers Neomax S
nay

Postby fedaykin » Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:27 am

Throw a face towel over the gear knob, she'll be right mate. I have an STi gear knob so I can't say if it works haha.

Intima SR pads seem overkill for street car. You planning on doing lots of mountain driving? haha. I switched from SR to HPX (no SS for gen 5 GT apparently) and am happy with the performance.

T2 = bling rotors :P RDA plain rotors for me :)
fedaykin

Car: MY10 GT Wagon 6MT

Postby LibertyTragic » Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:23 am

nay wrote:
Very nice setup. I was looking at T3 rotors, but I feel like they might be too overkill for the stock calipers. Definitely let us know what it's like once they're installed.

You’re probably right on that. I’ll admit it was more for the bling factor 8)

fedaykin wrote:

The slotted does give a better and more consistent bite. The bling factor is just a bonus!
LibertyTragic

Car: 2009 Liberty GT Premium
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=36145

Postby nay » Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:06 pm

fedaykin wrote:Throw a face towel over the gear knob, she'll be right mate. I have an STi gear knob so I can't say if it works haha.

Intima SR pads seem overkill for street car. You planning on doing lots of mountain driving? haha. I switched from SR to HPX (no SS for gen 5 GT apparently) and am happy with the performance.

Yeh true, I usually don't push my car that hard, but I do enjoy the occasional twisty road :D . Where did you source the HPX pads from? I've heard some good things about em but I couldn't find a place that stocked them.
nay

Postby fedaykin » Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:11 pm

I got them from Brakes Direct (IIRC). Looks like they no longer stock it.
fedaykin

Car: MY10 GT Wagon 6MT

Postby nay » Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:34 pm

Serviced the car at MSR today and decided that I might as well get the new rotors and pads installed at the same time. Huge difference in the braking performance. Brake pedal firmed up and braking is MUCH stronger and more accurate/predictable. The slight vagueness in the brake feel is now gone. Also, I couldn't receive the Goodridge brake lines in time for the service, so I guess I'll only upgrade them if I decide to track the car.

Anyways, brakes aside, I've purchased the STI Group N Transmission Mount (5MT). This mount has really good reviews and it'll most likely be installed with some other Whiteline goodies I plan to get. It was purchased as model D1010FE020, but I received ST4100055200 instead. It seems like it was previously a Subaru part (D1010FE020), but now it's sold as an STI part (ST4100055200).

nay

Postby nay » Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:03 pm

Finally have some wheels on the way! Managed to snag a set of Rays Homura 2x5s from a Gen V owner in SA. Wheels have recently been resprayed so the condition is near perfect. They come with neat centre caps that cover the lug nuts, however the colour is slightly off so I'll have to get that sorted. Wheels should arrive in the next week or so, hopefully without any damage. Once they're on with tyres, I'll be on my way to DCJap Automotive for some coilovers. I'd hate to have such nice wheels on stock height :? :?

Wheels are 19x8.5 +45 in the 5x100 pcd. For tyres, I'll probably end up with Pilot Sport 4 in 245/40/19, or 235/40/19. Here's some photos from the previous owner:

nay

Postby bigBADbenny » Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:34 pm

Goalz!
Saw theses on FB: good choice :good:
bigBADbenny

Car: MY07 GT-B 6MT OBP Wagon
Profile URL: http://tinyurl.com/agvbzop

Postby nay » Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:58 pm

bigBADbenny wrote:Goalz!
Saw theses on FB: good choice :good:

Thanks! :D :D Couldn't say no to these beauties 8)
nay

Postby bigBADbenny » Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:34 am

19’s are a great choice on GenV :nyam:
bigBADbenny

Postby nay » Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:59 pm

Wow another pair of Rays 19" in the same spec popped up for sale on the club lib Facebook group! Any Gen V owners looking for wheels?? Jump onnnn them!! They're Rays 57xtreme X4.

bigBADbenny wrote:19’s are a great choice on GenV :nyam:

Yup! What do ya reckon, these Rays look better than the Homuras?
nay

Postby bigBADbenny » Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:43 pm

The Homuras are way more unique, rarer too probably.
I’m all for that ;)
bigBADbenny

Postby nay » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:41 pm

Wheels are here! :D. Planning to get these wheels on with coilovers by the end of next week.
nay

PreviousNext

Return to Post your mods