Member Profile - nay's MY14 Liberty GT

Show off what mods you've done to your car.

Re: Member Profile - nay's MY14 Liberty GT

Postby nay » Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:11 pm

LibertyTragic wrote:Looks like you applied the tape to the lip first then line her up? What was your plan of attack for lining it up properly?

I did a test fit and when I was happy with where it was sitting, I used some electrical tape to mark out the positions of the top left and right corners of the lip. When it came around to lining it up with the tape peeled and ready, I tried to match up each corner with the electrical tape. It's definitely easier with two people, just have a person lining up each corner.
[MY14 Liberty GT 6MT]: Tuned by MSR Engineering | Invidia Q300 TBE | Whiteline F + R Sway Bar Kit | Exedy HD Clutch | HKS Super SQV4 | Silvers Neomax S
nay

Car: MY14 Liberty GT 6MT
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=36098

Postby LibertyTragic » Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:47 pm

Thanks for the tips dude! Good idea with the tape and a helper :)
LibertyTragic

Car: 2009 Liberty GT Premium
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=36145

Postby SYM » Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:48 pm

[ MY10 Liberty GT Wagon ] : Powered by HKS | STi | KiDo | Cusco | Valenti | Crystal Eye | F&R Brembo BBK, cruisn style :mrgreen:

Pics | Jack Moss' awesome Prototype photography of the GT | MY10 LGT early days, and Most Recent pics
Vids | SYM Member Profile video | Our slick club.lib #bandbacktogether video plus Various other club.liberty vid compilations
SYM
-stickered-

Car: MY10 LGT Wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17124

Postby nay » Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:21 am

^^ Awesome photos taken by Simon during our early morning catchup. His Gen 5 wagon is honestly one of the coolest cars on the road. Had a great time and I’m glad I was able to see his car in person!
[MY14 Liberty GT 6MT]: Tuned by MSR Engineering | Invidia Q300 TBE | Whiteline F + R Sway Bar Kit | Exedy HD Clutch | HKS Super SQV4 | Silvers Neomax S
nay

Postby nay » Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:32 pm

Got some news for the Gen V sedan peeps. A few US owners and myself have teamed up with Russian bodykit maker hd_tuning_almaty to create a custom rear diffuser for the Gen V sedan. I purchased my front lip off him and it fit pretty well, so I have high hopes for the final product. He's currently in the midst of designing it, but he's sent us a few photos. Once he's finalised everything it should be available for sale. He's quoted $160US shipped.

nay

Postby nay » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:13 pm

Rear diffuser has been designed and he's listed them for sale. I'm currently waiting for mine to be shipped as there's restrictions on outbound parcels in Kazakhstan due to COVID-19. In the mean time, I've installed some side skirt extensions I bought off eBay. With a little bit of novice angle grinding they manage to fit and look pretty decent. I just gotta be extra careful when hopping out the car, they add a little bit of width to the current skirts.

nay

Postby bigBADbenny » Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:25 am

They look grouse!
Got a link?
Hope you used a respo cutting them, the dust is mega toxic...
bigBADbenny

Car: MY07 GT-B 6MT OBP Wagon
Profile URL: http://tinyurl.com/agvbzop

Postby nay » Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:31 pm

bigBADbenny wrote:They look grouse!
Got a link?
Hope you used a respo cutting them, the dust is mega toxic...

Here's the link
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Universal-C ... %7Ciid%3A1

Didn't wear a respo, but I didn't notice any dust :shock:. Hopefully little harm has been done, It's made of ABS Plastic and not fibreglass which I think is a bit safer (hopefully LOL)
nay

Postby bigBADbenny » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:50 am

Had me fooled! :P
Looks like you cut the rockers off?
Thanks for the link :)
bigBADbenny

Car: MY07 GT-B 6MT OBP Wagon
Profile URL: http://tinyurl.com/agvbzop

Postby JAWolf » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:01 pm

Looks great... Read you have the last edition of the gen V (looking back through build)... The one with the nicer dash and the sensible park brake position. Remember seeing on the showroom floor when having mine in for services and thinking that is so much nicer with the colour display

Extremely tastefully done - proving they can look pretty damn good!
JAWolf

Car: Gen V Liberty GT wagon
Profile URL: https://tinyurl.com/y3o238rd

Postby nay » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:29 am

JAWolf wrote:Looks great... Read you have the last edition of the gen V (looking back through build)... The one with the nicer dash and the sensible park brake position. Remember seeing on the showroom floor when having mine in for services and thinking that is so much nicer with the colour display

Extremely tastefully done - proving they can look pretty damn good!

Thank you for the kind words!

I've always wondered why Subaru decided to put the handbrake button in such a strange place in the earlier models... No other car(that I know of) seems to have it located there. Although it's nice to have the slightly revised interior, I've always found the front-end of the earlier models to be better looking. Especially the headlights, the 13-14 models have this strange chrome "C" shape which i'm not too fond of.
nay

Postby nay » Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:50 am

Happy New Year everyone! I can't believe 2020 went by so quickly... :shock: :shock:. Hopefully 2021 is more prosperous and brings back a sense of normality to the world (I'm talking about you COVID-19!!)

I'm extremely grateful to have met so many new faces last year and 2020 truly outlined the importance and benefits of being involved in car culture.

Anyways, a lot can change in one year and here's how much my car has changed in a year!

Besides an AEM boost gauge, the lib has pretty much stayed the same for the past few months, but I have aftermarket headlights planned very soon... :D :D
nay

Postby LibertyTragic » Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:10 pm

nay wrote: but I have aftermarket headlights planned very soon... :D :D

Where have you ordered your lights from Nay?

I'm on the wait list for re-stock at Mars Performance. I tried searching around for genuine crystal-eye set but alas most of our local importers don't source them anymore. Couldn't stomach the shipping from jap parts, nengun etc.
LibertyTragic

Car: 2009 Liberty GT Premium
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=36145

Postby SYM » Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:08 pm

LibertyTragic - I sourced mine from jessestreeter (and orgnaised for Leo to install them for me).

Nathan - sounds like we need to do another photo shoot when your new headlights arrive!

[ MY10 Liberty GT Wagon ] : Powered by HKS | STi | KiDo | Cusco | Valenti | Crystal Eye | F&R Brembo BBK, cruisn style :mrgreen:

Pics | Jack Moss' awesome Prototype photography of the GT | MY10 LGT early days, and Most Recent pics
Vids | SYM Member Profile video | Our slick club.lib #bandbacktogether video plus Various other club.liberty vid compilations
SYM
-stickered-

Car: MY10 LGT Wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17124

Postby nay » Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:49 pm

SYM wrote:Nathan - sounds like we need to do another photo shoot when your new headlights arrive!

Yes please!! :D
LibertyTragic wrote:Where have you ordered your lights from Nay?

Currently bidding on a set from Yahoo Auctions Japan, but if it gets too expensive then I'm headed straight to Jesse Streeter like Simon did for his. Either way it'll take some time because it needs to be shipped from Japan. I had my eye on the Mars ones a while ago, but I left it too long and stock ran out :( :( .

From what I've heard Jesse Streeter is fairly reasonable with shipping prices, definitely worth checking out. Otherwise, I've recently discovered a Chinese supplier that sells the Eagle Eye branded one that's very popular in the US for $584 AUD delivered. Here's the LINK . Just beware that these are designed for LHD vehicles (i.e. China, US), and the light output is pointed in a slightly different direction. However, I've read up that these can be easily adjusted for the correct RHD alignment.

I'm almost certain Mars source their GEN 5 Headlights from this same supplier, and some of the photos are even identical. If you're waiting on the Mars ones, you can probably order off that website and get the same thing for cheaper (~$300 less), as well as have it arrive quicker.

Only thing stopping me from purchasing these is that I don't really trust Chinese brands when it comes to important components like headlights.
nay

PreviousNext

Return to Post your mods